PDA

View Full Version : Need Help A-Rod Signed Foul Ball

Lokee
09-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Allright so a guy has this for sale here in Seattle at his card shop. I was going to pick it up but after comparing auto's to several items I am not quite sure.

Story goes back in 94-95 Alex hit a foul ball and the guy caught it. The next day before the game down by the dugout he had Alex sign it. It comes with the card shop COA.

Any opinions ?

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/a-rodball.jpg

OaklandAsFan
09-09-2010, 04:06 PM
IMHO the baseball doesn't look like it has been rubbed down for game use.

I can't speak for the graph.

Lokee
09-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks never really noticed untill you mentioned it. This was gonna be an impulse buy this afternoon as I passed through figured I would snap a couple pics and post for opinions before I "popped" on it.

joelsabi
09-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Allright so a guy has this for sale here in Seattle at his card shop. I was going to pick it up but after comparing auto's to several items I am not quite sure.

Story goes back in 94-95 Alex hit a foul ball and the guy caught it. The next day before the game down by the dugout he had Alex sign it. It comes with the card shop COA.

Any opinions ?

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mlcssb/a-rodball.jpg

Budig baseballs were first used in the 1995 season. I want a rock solid story before even seeing the baseball and autograph.

Lokee
09-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Budig baseballs were first used in the 1995 season. I want a rock solid story before even seeing the baseball and autograph.

Unfortunately I saw the ball then the story LOL

kylehess10
09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
The ball does look brand new. Plus most of the time you'll see some type of hit marks. Didn't A-Rod use mainly black bats in the 90's? I have plenty of baseballs hit by black bats with black spots on the ball.

tkd7
09-09-2010, 04:54 PM
There are better looking ARod signatures out there if that's what you want. Ask the seller to list it on ebay and you can get a PSA/DNA quick opinion.

Lokee
09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Appreciate the info from everyone. No black marks on the baseball that I can recall.

I would feel weird asking for him to list the ball on ebay for the purpose of the psa quick opinion.

suave1477
09-09-2010, 05:23 PM
LOKEE can I ask what is so special about this ball that you wanted?
I don't mean to get all personal but I ask for a higher purpose. Meaning is it because it is (supposedly) a game used baseball? Or because it is an early arod autograph? or is it because your getting it for a good deal? Or better yet all 3 reasons?

My evaluation and I am sure there are members here who can give you a better opinion.
The ball looks new, the auto does look legit for an early arod graph but very sloppy done. Which would make sense because if the person is telling the truth and got the autograph before a game AROD could of autographed it real quick and it came out sloppy.

Now back to the top!!!
The point being with all said - You can find so many AROD autos out there on baseballs, on Game Used Baseballs, certified baseballs, cheap priced baseballs if you search ebay hard enough & early Autograph baseballs.

Why get one that looks like it was poorly done?

Lokee
09-09-2010, 05:37 PM
LOKEE can I ask what is so special about this ball that you wanted?
I don't mean to get all personal but I ask for a higher purpose. Meaning is it because it is (supposedly) a game used baseball? Or because it is an early arod autograph? or is it because your getting it for a good deal? Or better yet all 3 reasons?

My evaluation and I am sure there are members here who can give you a better opinion.
The ball looks new, the auto does look legit for an early arod graph but very sloppy done. Which would make sense because if the person is telling the truth and got the autograph before a game AROD could of autographed it real quick and it came out sloppy.

Now back to the top!!!
The point being with all said - You can find so many AROD autos out there on baseballs, on Game Used Baseballs, certified baseballs, cheap priced baseballs if you search ebay hard enough & early Autograph baseballs.

Why get one that looks like it was poorly done?

WOW let me head to my bomb shelter LOL

Seriously though the guy is asking 125.00 for the ball. I thought it was cheap enough being a used baseball and an early A-Rod sig so I was going to buy it. I do not normally collect/buy autograph items or A-Rod items and I am not familiar with his early signature. I know alot of members collect his stuff and was looking for some advice.

suave1477
09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
ok no need to run to the shelter lol:D

I was just curious. Now, yeah I can understand your interest in the ball but honestly I would say just wait and I am sure you will find a better one on ebay or somewhere else. It may not be for that low but I am sure you can find onea t a decent price and that you can rest your head at night.

joelsabi
09-09-2010, 06:01 PM
WOW let me head to my bomb shelter LOL

Seriously though the guy is asking 125.00 for the ball. I thought it was cheap enough being a used baseball and an early A-Rod sig so I was going to buy it. I do not normally collect/buy autograph items or A-Rod items and I am not familiar with his early signature. I know alot of members collect his stuff and was looking for some advice.

i recommend passing on the ball and spending time managing your fantasy baseball team instead.

Lokee
09-09-2010, 06:07 PM
ok no need to run to the shelter lol:D

I was just curious. Now, yeah I can understand your interest in the ball but honestly I would say just wait and I am sure you will find a better one on ebay or somewhere else. It may not be for that low but I am sure you can find onea t a decent price and that you can rest your head at night.

I agree with you and will do so accordingly.:)

Lokee
09-09-2010, 06:09 PM
i recommend passing on the ball and spending time managing your fantasy baseball team instead.

My team has bit the shitter officially. No excuses :o

suave1477
09-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Joelasbi and Lokee dont gt too excited my team is getting hot again and you guys have dropped in points lol

joelsabi
09-09-2010, 06:14 PM
My team has bit the shitter officially. No excuses :o

just email me what kind of baseball you want (ie. early, rookie, gameused, or a combination of these factors) and i will look out for a nice one for you at that price ($125) on ebay. There are some legitimate nonused baseballs on ebay all the time that go for less because they have no COA. game used autographed arod baseballs usually go for more.

Lokee
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
just email me what kind of baseball you want (ie. early, rookie, gameused, or a combination of these factors) and i will look out for a nice one for you at that price ($125) on ebay. There are some legitimate nonused baseballs on ebay all the time that go for less because they have no COA. game used autographed arod baseballs usually go for more.

Appreciate the offer but I got Ebay covered. If I stumble across one and it is meant to be so be it.