I have a jersey and found out that on this particular day, the player
was on the DL but was wondering if there is any chance he may have
been on the bench wearing it.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Goh Nishiyama

cliffjmp33
09-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Depends on the player, but I believe for baseball they are allowed to wear jerseys/be on the bench in uniform.

platinum1
09-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Yes
Jake Peavy was on the bench the other day wearing the Road Black uni for the Sox

joelsabi
09-09-2010, 09:53 PM
my understanding is that they can suit up but are ineligible to play.

gnishiyama
09-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Thank you very much!

Masimen
09-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Chipper Jones got ejected from the game last week while on the DL and in uniform. Not sure I have ever seen that before.

suave1477
09-10-2010, 08:04 AM
I believe they still have to suit being that they are still apart of the team but not taking any playing action on the field.

It would look a bit odd to see a player even though on the DL sitting in plain clothes in the dugout.

But for example last week AROD was on the DL he was suited up sitting at the side of the dugout in the dirt with Jeter who had the day off ( Jeter suited up as well) and AROD even being suited up was wearing a Yankee hoodie over his Jersey.

RJB44
09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I recently attended and Orioles/Red Sox game and saw Pedroia, Veritek, and Youklis all in full uniform while on DL.

RJB44
09-11-2010, 10:29 AM
on a slightly side note, what ended up happening with Terry Francona matter regarding him wearing his full uniform. It looks like he still only wears the light jacket or sweatshirt with no jersey underneath.

obpercent1
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
on a slightly side note, what ended up happening with Terry Francona matter regarding him wearing his full uniform. It looks like he still only wears the light jacket or sweatshirt with no jersey underneath.

He has major medical conditons which is why he wears the pullovers, now MLB finally laid off him and allows him to continue to wear them

geoff
09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Brian Roberts Did while He was on The DL when He was At The Stadium.