PDA

View Full Version : BMH Mark Teixeira Knob Question

yankees506
09-12-2010, 04:51 PM
I wanted to ask who rites the number "25" on Marks M287's? I have seen all of these bats with the number written in black sharipe on the knob, im not sure if you guys do that for him or if it is done by him or by the team. Thanks

metsbats
09-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I wanted to ask who rites the number "25" on Marks M287's? I have seen all of these bats with the number written in black sharipe on the knob, im not sure if you guys do that for him or if it is done by him or by the team. Thanks

Yankees506,

Bat companies do not write player numbers on the knobs of bats. This usually done by the players or clubhouse personnel.

Hope this helps.

yankees506
09-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Yankees506,

Bat companies do not write player numbers on the knobs of bats. This usually done by the players or clubhouse personnel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! i know they rite the weight on some bats and just wondered if it was possible

metsbats
09-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks! i know they rite the weight on some bats and just wondered if it was possible

Yes. Rawlings typically will hand-write in a players last name and bat weight on the knobs in ball point pen. SAM bats have written weight and other info written in the barrel ends. Marucci bats stamp players uniform numbers on the knobs along with length,weight and manufacture date (birth date of the bat) HB started stamping birth dates and length and weights in 2009.

BMH
09-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Yep, too much trouble keeping up with Jersey numbers so we leave that to the team. My head turner and I will both write actual weights on knobs. He usually uses blue wax pen and I try to match the foil with different markers.

yankees506
09-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks!!! i just was looking at some bats that where game issued and i know now that if it actually has the 25 then it at least made it to the team.