PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sellers not giving out MLB hologram numbers

dcgreg25
09-12-2010, 09:11 PM
I had a weird experience with an ebay seller tonight. I asked for the MLB hologram number on a game used signed hat and the seller refused saying it is their policy not to give out hologram numbers.

Other than an issue with what the MLB database has recorded, is there any other possible reason for this? My guess is the database has the hat recorded as only signed or game issued. Obviously, I am not going to buy the hat without the hologram information but I was just curious if anyone else had encountered this situation.

Manram
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
I have had this happen before. The seller was selling something as a game used hat. And when i finally figured out a wat to enlarge the photo and see the mlb hologram number it came up as game issed

legaleagle92481
09-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Some people are afraid to give them out because they worry about it being used for fraud. I had a Steiner rep. (Not Effrain) refuse to give me a holo. number once and he cited that reason why. Not sure how that would work though.

ballhawknet
09-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Two thoughts.

I believe per ebay rules they have to display the number or loa with the item. Also you can buy it , pay with paypal , and if you dont like it and its not what was described , you have the option of returning and/or leaving bad feedback.

ballhawknet
09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Just curious what the item is on ebay

dcgreg25
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I ended up just asking the seller to cut and paste what the database said without the hologram number and email it to me. They admitted that it only was for the signing but maintained it was game used which I believe it is as it comes with additional documentation. I still think it is strange that sellers do not include the hologram number but thats just me.