PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan signed cheque question?

drexler22
09-13-2010, 08:39 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/Michael%20JORDAN%20Personal%20collection/Jordan%20autograph%20PCi/IMG_0002.jpg
I've been doing some research to see if this above whole cheque is written by MJ(including description and numbers) or not, so i'm asking for all your opinion as to whether he just signed his name to it or wrote up the whole cheque.

Here are some other examples:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/Michael%20JORDAN%20Personal%20collection/Jordan%20autograph%20PCi/Michael_Jordan_Check_PSA_76835.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/Michael%20JORDAN%20Personal%20collection/Jordan%20autograph%20PCi/Michael_Jordan_Check_PSA_76844.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/Michael%20JORDAN%20Personal%20collection/Jordan%20autograph%20PCi/Michael_Jordan_Check_PSA_76840.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/jayzhou32/Michael%20JORDAN%20Personal%20collection/Jordan%20autograph%20PCi/Michael_Jordan_Check_PSA_76834.jpg

drexler22
09-13-2010, 08:42 AM
please note the cheque is both black and blue ink for the top 1 above,

legaleagle92481
09-13-2010, 09:05 AM
IMO Jordan signed the check but someone else filled it out which is common for major celebs. I have a few checks like that its an authentic sig so thats all that matters.

AutographAddiction
09-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Just wondering... what is the value of one of the checks above? I have never seen how much one of those go for and would love to gain some insight on how much the checks are usually worth. Thanks!

allstarsplus
09-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Just wondering... what is the value of one of the checks above? I have never seen how much one of those go for and would love to gain some insight on how much the checks are usually worth. Thanks!

Some dealer had dozens of them at the National in Baltimore back in August. They were priced at $250 each which seemed a lot of money for a guy that signs memorabilia through Upper Deck.

worldchamps
09-14-2010, 09:25 PM
the art source check is in his handwriting

drexler22
09-15-2010, 01:58 AM
the art source check is in his handwriting
what supporting evidence do you have?

legaleagle92481
09-15-2010, 10:02 AM

Well. Anything Jordan goes for a mint. On Ebay people want between $1,400 and $2,500. The argument is they are "rare", authentic and it is a "personal item". My argument is they are a rip off because 1. There are several on Ebay and other places in the market so how rare are they? It is not like say Hack Wilson who there are maybe ten checks of in the whole world. 2. There are alot of authentic Jordan sigs, he has signed for UDA for many years. 3. They are no more personal then any other item he signs. It is not like a jersey, golf club, lighter (he is a huge cigar smoker) or other item he used. The check is just something he signed along with probably several others that day. 4. Checks are a subsitute for other items. Few of us can afford a Ruth signed ball in good condition but a Ruth check in such condition is only a few thousand. Other players such as Jackie Robinson, Walter Johnson, Ty Cobb and Honus Wagner who are seldom found on good condition single signed balls can be found every day on checks at a reasonable price. The checks in question are the price of several Jordan UDA certified sigs put together. I would rather have a basketball signed by him then a check anyday.

drexler22
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Well. Anything Jordan goes for a mint. On Ebay people want between $1,400 and $2,500. The argument is they are "rare", authentic and it is a "personal item". My argument is they are a rip off because 1. There are several on Ebay and other places in the market so how rare are they? It is not like say Hack Wilson who there are maybe ten checks of in the whole world. 2. There are alot of authentic Jordan sigs, he has signed for UDA for many years. 3. They are no more personal then any other item he signs. It is not like a jersey, golf club, lighter (he is a huge cigar smoker) or other item he used. The check is just something he signed along with probably several others that day. 4. Checks are a subsitute for other items. Few of us can afford a Ruth signed ball in good condition but a Ruth check in such condition is only a few thousand. Other players such as Jackie Robinson, Walter Johnson, Ty Cobb and Honus Wagner who are seldom found on good condition single signed balls can be found every day on checks at a reasonable price. The checks in question are the price of several Jordan UDA certified sigs put together. I would rather have a basketball signed by him then a check anyday.

so what value are you putting on 1 of these cheques?

legaleagle92481
09-16-2010, 09:01 PM
so what value are you putting on 1 of these cheques?

I think the Ebay prices are too high. To me I can't see someone paying more than $800-1,000 for it as I think most people like me would rather have a ball or a jersey signed.