PDA

View Full Version : Got Reds playoff tix, anyone else?

justinwc80
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Got my tickets this morning for the first two games, anyone else going? And yes I realize they haven't clinched but I'm crossing my fingers.

sox83cubs84
09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
[quote=justinwc80;217263]Got my tickets this morning for the first two games, anyone else going? And yes I realize they haven't clinched but I'm crossing my fingers.[/quote

I wouldn't worry...looks like the Redbirds are Deadbirds.

Dave Miedema

AWA85
09-14-2010, 08:15 PM
I was 0-5 on family members email addresses. Still thinking about it, but may settle for a couple of games in Milwaukee next week instead.

justinwc80
09-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks Dave, Adam I was also 0-5 as well but happened to check ebay and was able to buy someone's email password giving me the right to purchase tix for 40 dollars and since season ticket holders are selling their tickets for alot more than face value I still made out on the deal. Good luck hope you can find some.

Fnazxc0114
09-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Ours go onsale thurs morning. Cant wait and hope i get some good seats.

SSB15
09-17-2010, 07:47 AM
On the Reds tickets, I assume that MLB did not give you the date or times for the games... If MLB did give the dates and times, what are they?

Thanks

Scott

legaleagle92481
09-17-2010, 09:57 AM
I am not affliated with them in anyway but if you guys don't already have it consider getting Mastercard's MLB Credit Card. They give you reward points one for every dollar spent and the stuff you can get with the points include free playoff and world series tickets. I mention it because I live in NY and playoff tix are not available to the public. The Mets do a lottery (not that they ever get in anyway) and the Yanks are IMPOSSIBLE for general public to get. They end up on StubHub at a massive markup and personally I feel like a jerk paying $800 for me and a friend to go to a three or four hour game so I have missed the post season games around here I just watch them at someone's house or a bar. I saved up my points (since December 2007) and this year I have enough points for World Series tickets so my regular spending ended up saving me about a grand. So I am just telling you guys as an FYI because I hate to see people get gouged on Stub Hub.

oakesc8855
09-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Dont feel bad between myself, family and some friends we went about 0-12. Going to struggle to have the cash for what ppl are charging but I'm sure I'll make it to atleast one. Guess one less OSU game I can go to.

ironmanfan
09-18-2010, 12:17 PM
While I'll have to wait until 2011 for Orioles' playoff tickets, my company has season tickets for the AAA affliate of the Philles and that provides us with the opportunity to get Phillies Post Season tickets (at least for the NLDS). I've been there the last three times and I'm sure I'll be there again.

legaleagle92481
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
While I'll have to wait until 2011 for Orioles' playoff tickets, my company has season tickets for the AAA affliate of the Philles and that provides us with the opportunity to get Phillies Post Season tickets (at least for the NLDS). I've been there the last three times and I'm sure I'll be there again.

Thats awesome at least you get to see playoff baseball though its not your team. It sucks for you Orioles fans that you have to compete with the Sox, Yanks and Rays every year and 2 of those teams always take the Division and Wild Card. Buck will make them better but the talent gap is so great there is only so much he can do. Other then Adam Jones, Roberts, Wieters and Nick Mandrakis there is really noone on the Orioles that would even start for any of the other three teams. Not too even mention the difference in rotations.