PDA

View Full Version : MLB Hologram Information

rmichne
09-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Hey Guys,

I was checking a Steiner 2009 David Ortiz home jersey hologram LH598278 and came up with some strange information. I am wondering if anyone here can shed some light on it.

It says:
Session Name: Red Sox Club Authentication
Session Date: July 21, 2009
AuthenticatorL Authenticators, Inc.
Additional Information: Inked 4/7/2009 White Jerseys #34 David Ortiz.

Does anyone know what this means. I am assuming in means that the jerseys were collected and 'inked' after the April 7, 2009 home game. When a MLB authenticator collects jerseys after a game a lot of times they are not authenticated and hologrammed until some time later. The term 'inked' is an inside term used to describe the invisible ink seal that the mlb authenticators put on the boxes to see that they were not tampered with between the time the were collected and authenticated. If the invisible marking is disturbed when they go to authenticate the they will NOT authenticate the items in the box.

I guess my questions are why would Authenticators, Inc. put this wording on a holograms record when consumers would be seeing it. My second question is why did Steiner not market these jerseys as Game Used Opening Day Jerseys. They seem to have every available angle covered and would certainly be able to sell the jersey at a premium because it was used during opening day. I checked other numbers around the hologram number and there is a whole team set of Home jerseys that were cataloged this way.

Any input of information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ron Michne Jr
rmichne@yahoo.com

Always buying New York Mets items

Dach0sen0ne
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Not sure why it says inked, but maybe the reason Steiner didn't market it as Game Used Opening Day Jersey is because the Session Date was July 21, 2009. They probably got a bunch of items from that session date and I doubt they check the database to see what it says or when it was actually used. Just an idea.