PDA

View Full Version : espy4lsu - ebay problem

intheminors
09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Guys,

Before I start, I know there was a thread about this guy before. I've already looked at it.

Last night, I used BIN for a New Orleans Saints gamer he listed. I paid through PayPal.

This morning I received an e-mail through ebay from him. Here is what it said:

Dear intheminors,

I am extremely sorry but my lister accidentally listed this helmet at the wrong price. It is supposed to be $800. I realize that this is our fault, but I cannot let the helmet go for $150 because I sell all of my game used Saints items to benefit player's charities (you can verifiy this on my website: www.bayoustatesportscards.com/Chucks (http://www.bayoustatesportscards.com/Chucks)
). I will refund your money through paypal right away.
Again, I am very sorry for the mistake.
Thanks,

- espy4lsu

So, is that it? Do I just lose out? As messed up as ebay is, I've never had this happen before. He has refunded the money (and it takes 3-4 business days for me to get my own money back, BTW).

Do I just chalk this up as "don't do business with him anymore"?

Thanks for any input.

ironmanfan
09-16-2010, 03:24 PM
I know it sucks but what recourse do you have? You can't stick a gun to his head and make it sell it @ $150......If the guy is legit and his work with the charities is genuine, I'd chalk it up to a simple mistake and move on with your life.

Lokee
09-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Happened to me too but with a pair of signed game used gloves. I bought them for 24.99, paid then got this message. Not sure how to handle it either.

I am extremely sorry but my lister accidentally listed these gloves at the wrong price. They are suppsed to be $300. I realize that this is our fault, but I cannot let the gloves go for $25.00 because I sell all of my game used Saints items to benefit player's charities (you can verifiy this on my website: www.bayoustatesportscards.com/Chucks). I will refund your money through paypal right away. Again, I am very sorry for the mistake. Thanks,

Lokee
09-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Come to think of it I know exactly how to handle it.

intheminors
09-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Lokee,

It looks like he has a standard e-mail for this situation. Your e-mail and mine are exactly the same except for the item we bought.

Lokee
09-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Lokee,

It looks like he has a standard e-mail for this situation. Your e-mail and mine are exactly the same except for the item we bought.

Yes it does look like this.

After careful consideration on my end it is quite obvious it was a mistake no one would risk a negative over something like this. My payment was refunded ASAP as well. No harm no foul.

intheminors
09-16-2010, 05:21 PM
So, (and I'm just asking) would benefit me to report the seller to ebay or open an "Item Not Received" claim? After looking at Lokee's e-mail, this just seems like some sort of scam (athough he did refund my money).

Again, just asking.

suave1477
09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Whats to report? The seller sounds like an honest mistake was made he apologized. Let it go. I know it sucks because you thought you got a great deal. But at least he refunded the money quickly.

My only thing I would say with the 2 of you getting practically the same email. Is if you guys won both items around the same time because it could of been a mistake in listing prices across all his auctions and that's why he just basically copy and pasted the same response.

intheminors
09-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Suave,

Thanks. I just looked into it on ebay and those were the two options I had based on what happened. I don't know when Lokee had his purchase refunded.

Lokee
09-16-2010, 06:58 PM
It was yesterday sometime when I won the auction. I checked middle afternoon today and the payment had been refunded.

I honestly think it was a mistake as the seller runs the risk of a negative from at least 2 people. Why would someone do that ?

If anything don't outsource your ebay listing.

Mark17
09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
If the guy is issuing immediate, full refunds, that is not a scam. A scam is when someone gains by cheationg others. He isn't gaining a thing here, in fact he's losing ebay fees.

legaleagle92481
09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Don't take this too harshly but people are human they make mistakes. Personally I would not want someone to take a massive loss on something so I could get it for a steal. The way I was raised was to enter into transactions that were fair for both parties. A very, very low bin was up on these items obviously the seller made a mistake and the guy did the right thing he gave you a refund immediately and an apology. Everyone on this board is so quick to label people scammers and lost their Ebay ids to harm their business, when looking at it objectively half the time they did nothing wrong. If it was a no reserve traditional auction I would feel differently but lets be honest guys who here would take huge losses like this seller would have taken on several items because of an error? Leaving aside the charity component.