PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Framing Question

gaytorhater703
09-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Ok.....so i think that i read somewhere that if your going to frame a jersey that you should use a non acid backing.......but what about if i want to have felt behind the jersey.....does anyone know if that would harm the jersey over time?...TIA

topcityhockey
09-16-2010, 05:30 PM
found this on another site- There's sometimes a little sulfuric acid residue left on the felt when it leaves the factory. Ordinarily, they neutralize it with sodium chloride before it goes out the door... but sometimes a little escapes. You can neutralize any residue yourself with ordinary baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) or washing soda (sodium carbonate). Just rinse the felt well in a bath of either soda mixed with water. It can then be ironed flat again - wool setting.

I would do that just in case, it will stabilize the felt for your purposes

gaytorhater703
09-17-2010, 12:42 PM
thanks...great response and very informative........let me elaborate on the orginal post......i hear all the time about using acid free backing....ect...does anyone have a real life picture of what non acid free backing can do to a jersey...and how long it took to make it that way....TIA