PDA

View Full Version : Expereinces w/ Jim n Steve's Sportscards

SSB15
09-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Jim n Steve's Sportscards is having a signing for Tony Perez. I was thinking about sending a game used bat through the mail to have Perez sign. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with Jim n Steve's Sportscards before and had a good expereince.

Thanks

legaleagle92481
09-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Jim n Steve's Sportscards is having a signing for Tony Perez. I was thinking about sending a game used bat through the mail to have Perez sign. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with Jim n Steve's Sportscards before and had a good expereince.

Thanks

A Perez gamer is a rare item. My rule is never send anything through the mail that you can't replace easily whether its to a huge company like Steiner or a small company like this. Anything could happen the bat could get damaged or lost in the mail, it could get damaged while in the dealer's hands or the dealer could even ship it back to the wrong person or someone could steal it. Perez signs alot so just take it to a signing that you can go to in person. Because if any of those things I mention happen and you get finacially compensated it will be hard to find another genuine Perez bat.

Dach0sen0ne
09-17-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd have to agree with Legal on this one. Something like that wouldn't be easy to replace. I have no problem sending in stuff for a signing, but what could go wrong is always in the back of my mind.

trsent
09-17-2010, 02:57 PM

Thanks

Before anyone gives advice, I can tell you, I have known Steve Wilson since around 1984 and his company is one of the most honest and reputable in the sports card industry. Jim, Steve's father, passed a few years ago and now Steve runs the company himself. If you look on beckett.com Jim & Steve's is one of their top sellers, I believe with over one million cards listed for sale.

Feel safe sending your item to Steve as he is one of the most honest people I have ever met. In fact, call him at his shop at 847-244-1981 and explain to him what you are sending and the additional care this item needs. Tell him of the return insurance the item will require. Tell him that I referred you to him, I have nothing but good things to say for Steve and the people who give advice without knowing the company you are asking for are the same type of people who comment on every thread on this forum even if they can't answer your question.

I have brought several of my clients to Jim & Steve's for public autograph appearances over the years and I can tell you they run a professional and organized operation.

legaleagle92481
09-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Before anyone gives advice, I can tell you, I have known Steve Wilson since around 1984 and his company is one of the most honest and reputable in the sports card industry. Jim, Steve's father, passed a few years ago and now Steve runs the company himself. If you look on beckett.com Jim & Steve's is one of their top sellers, I believe with over one million cards listed for sale.

Feel safe sending your item to Steve as he is one of the most honest people I have ever met. In fact, call him at his shop at 847-244-1981 and explain to him what you are sending and the additional care this item needs. Tell him of the return insurance the item will require. Tell him that I referred you to him, I have nothing but good things to say for Steve and the people who give advice without knowing the company you are asking for are the same type of people who comment on every thread on this forum even if they can't answer your question.

I have brought several of my clients to Jim & Steve's for public autograph appearances over the years and I can tell you they run a professional and organized operation.

There was nothing wrong with my advice. What you said is all well and good but it does not change the fact that the guy is putting a very rare and valuable item in the mail and sending it to a stranger. Tony Perez signs all over the country throughout the year as most HOFers do so its not like it is the only signing he will do for next five years or anything. I stand by my statement putting stuff in the mail you can't replace is a bad idea. Insurance etc is all great but if you can't replace the item it doesnt really help you. The market is not exactely full of legit Perez gamers. And I was not implying your friend is not reputable someone could steal or damage it while it is in transit or it could get delivered to the wrong address or an employee could open the box and see what is inside and make off with it.

trsent
09-19-2010, 03:57 PM
There was nothing wrong with my advice. What you said is all well and good but it does not change the fact that the guy is putting a very rare and valuable item in the mail and sending it to a stranger. Tony Perez signs all over the country throughout the year as most HOFers do so its not like it is the only signing he will do for next five years or anything. I stand by my statement putting stuff in the mail you can't replace is a bad idea. Insurance etc is all great but if you can't replace the item it doesnt really help you. The market is not exactely full of legit Perez gamers. And I was not implying your friend is not reputable someone could steal or damage it while it is in transit or it could get delivered to the wrong address or an employee could open the box and see what is inside and make off with it.

The original question was not asking for your advice about if they should send their item - They were asking for a referral of any history with Jim & Steve's.

If the guy wanted to know if you thought it was safe to send an item in the mail, they would have asked that advice. You should really chime in when you can help answer the question asked, not give random advice about if you think someone should risk sending an item in the mail or not.

Look at the original question and your answer does not answer it. Your reply is very random, like you are a higher figure who gives random advice and doesn't answer the original question but possibly costs an honest businessman a sale because you create new doubt when you can't even give a recommendation.

If your worldly advice was wanted on a random subject, you should start a new thread and not give advice that doesn't answer the original question.

Do not continue to justify your replies. They were wrong and off the subject. You are not better than anyone else to give worldly advice. Answer questions you know the answer to and do not post just to post when it is not your business to explain risk to an adult who knows the risks involved with mail order - They wanted a reference on a 5-Star business and you chimed in with advice that was not a proper answer to the question.

Please and thank you!