PDA

View Full Version : Mike Schmidt 1989 Jersey

hblakewolf
07-30-2006, 02:13 PM
Forum Readers-
I have received several emails about a "1989 game worn Schmidt Phillies jersey" on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Schmidt-Game-Used-1989-FINAL-SEASON-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ140013013247QQihZ004QQcategoryZ605 97QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The shirt in question is a Scoreboard jersey, not a gamer. Regardless of any story the seller has about this (I have emialed the seller about my issues, however, never heard back), it is not a gamer. Note that it is void of an embroidered tag in the collar that should have the name SCHMIDT on it. Likewise, the seller shows 2 different Rawlings tags (one pre 1990 and one post 1990) with 2 different placements of the year tag.

If you are seeking a true "game worn" Schmidt jersey, issued by the Phillies and worn by Schmidt, keep looking.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

trsent
07-30-2006, 02:31 PM
I wonder what jersey the seller is referring to sold in another auction house. Was it tagged the same?

sylbry
07-30-2006, 03:13 PM
He has a link to the jersey in his auction. It is an American Memorabilia auction. The picture that shows the front, back, and tag is the jersey from that auction.

http://216.133.66.125/Auction_Item.asp?auction_id=25706

ahuff
07-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Hopefully the person that paid over $3,700 for the American Memorabilia Schmidt jersey doesn't read this site. Otherwise, can you imagine the huge pit they have in their stomach???? I've been burnt before, but thank my Lord that it has never been to that total!!! But hey, they have the Lou Lampson letter to fall back on, though!! Right?

sportscentury
08-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Hopefully the person that paid over $3,700 for the American Memorabilia Schmidt jersey doesn't read this site. Otherwise, can you imagine the huge pit they have in their stomach???? I've been burnt before, but thank my Lord that it has never been to that total!!! But hey, they have the Lou Lampson letter to fall back on, though!! Right?

I wouldn't want the buyer to be sick to his stomach either... but I sure as heck do hope that he reads this site - it may be the only way for him to find out the truth and begin the "road of recovery."

Cheers,
Reid