PDA

View Full Version : MLB Auctions- fewer game used items?

dcgreg25
09-22-2010, 02:40 PM
As we wind down the season it seems like MLB Auctions sold significantly fewer game used items this year. Admittedly, I am searching for Indians jerseys and they are terrible this year (AAA team), but I have noticed significantly fewer throwback, Jackie Robinson, pink bat auctions, etc. than in previous years. I know the Rays auction is closing in a week but it seems the numbers of these auctions are down dramatically.

At the same time, I have noticed a lot more sportsbuy.com t-shirt auctions and terrible card auctions like the one below:

Cleveland Indians Vintage Sticker 1989 Fleer Vintage Sticker Card in very good condition! Rare team logo sticker that can be peeled off the card and placed elsewhere if so desired!
http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=133393491&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=133740201

It is strange with the recent influx of jerseys into the hobby that MLB.com seems to be selling fewer items this year. Maybe they are going to Steiner, and team shops, maybe its the economy, maybe its just me.

Klattsy
09-24-2010, 04:12 AM
I hope they are not ending up in team shops...at least I can buy off mlb.com :) Got my eye on some of the Rays items. Bit pricey but at least GU and AU are certified...

Fnazxc0114
09-24-2010, 08:59 AM
If you look at the rangers auctions it kind of reminds me of the guys on ebay that list the same items at crazy BIN prices for months at a time.

AWA85
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
The Reds have shifted to selling in the team store their game used items. The things that have shown up in auction is from previous years and basically only what the Reds Community Fund had leftover. In the future I would guess the Reds will no longer sell on there, besides random charity items and game used things that are assigned to MLB.com such as a few pink bats (some were for sale in the store).