PDA

View Full Version : Are the Braves out of it? Down by six games now!

camarokids
09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
Just a few weeks ago the Braves still had a three game lead on the Phillies.

A month ago they were six games up on the Phillies.

Now after the Braves have been swept by the Phils just yesterday, also losing six of their last ten, they are six games out of first. OUCH!

Plus the Phils have been on fire with a current ten game winning streak....

I know the Braves finish the season with a three game series against the Phillies. But, I don't think they can pull it off, Phillies pitching has been too good.

Thoughts?

Sonny25
09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Out of the division? Sure.

Out of the wildcard? Not by a long shot.

The Phils threw their 3 aces up against Brandon Beachy, Mike Minor & Tommy Hanson (Who pitched a great game).

The Braves have 3 at the Nationals, 3 at home against the Marlins & then 3 at home against the Phils.
Odds are the Phils will have already sewn up home field throughout & will rest many of it's players, including their big 3 pitchers who as of right now they have lined up for that series.

sportscrazy13
09-23-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't think the Braves will win the division but they should win the wildcard.

I think this Phils/Braves series said more about the Phils winning than the Braves losing. Getting Utley and Howard back and picking up an ace in Oswalt, 3 weeks ago Phils looked like they would maybe sneak into the playoff, now they look like the front runner to win the WS.

With that being said I hope the Braves win it all!

gingi79
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
My dad used to tell me "Winners find a way to win"

Losing a must win game 1-0 is painful. They are in a free fall right now, the Phillies are surging.

As a long time Braves fan, either they will suddenly catch fire or lose 8 of their next 9.

Washington has been a thorn in the Braves side all season. They lost a series with them just recently and allowed the Phillies to take a few game lead on them. Marlins could easily take 2 of 3. Then they get the chance to clinch the WC against.....the Phillies who don't want to see them in the playoffs.

As a fan, I say they make the playoffs. As a realist, ehhhhh not so much.

lakeerie92
09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
My dad used to tell me "Winners find a way to win"

Losing a must win game 1-0 is painful. They are in a free fall right now, the Phillies are surging.

As a long time Braves fan, either they will suddenly catch fire or lose 8 of their next 9.

Washington has been a thorn in the Braves side all season. They lost a series with them just recently and allowed the Phillies to take a few game lead on them. Marlins could easily take 2 of 3. Then they get the chance to clinch the WC against.....the Phillies who don't want to see them in the playoffs.

As a fan, I say they make the playoffs. As a realist, ehhhhh not so much.

This pains me to hear. Mostly because it reaffirms the thoughts in the back of my head that keep asking me why I bought NLDS tickets.

LastingsMilledge85
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
I think this sums up the Braves stretch run...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTRxXvQY0s