PDA

View Full Version : Yankees/Rays 2004 GU Japanese Jerseys

Alexidaspud
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
While watching the Yankees/Rays series, I thought about a couple of batting practice jerseys I picked up from Hertige Auctions a few years ago. They were from the exhibition series they played in Japan in 2004. One was Willie Randolph from the Yankees and the other was Lou Piniella from the Rays. It seemed like they had all the coaches and a number of non-star players, so they must have come from the same source. However, there were no documents, etc. from the teams or MLB. Any idea of the story behind them? Are they authentic?

suave1477
09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I am not sure of the specific ones you have but I know Steiner had a ton of them and sold them / auctioned them off. So a good majority of them should have a Steiner LOA

sox83cubs84
09-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Tampa Bay wore the BP jerseys as game attire, if I recall correctly. The Yankees wore gamers to play the contests.

Dave Miedema

Yamils
09-24-2010, 04:48 PM
That's correct, the Rays wore the BP jerseys in both games and the Yankees wore the pinstriped jerseys.

I have this jersey used by Geremi Gonzalez. Geremi was the starting pitcher of the second game. I purchased this jersey from Steiner and it has the mlb hologram.

Alexidaspud
09-24-2010, 06:57 PM
The jerseys offered by Heritage all appear to have had the holograms removed (mine are both are sticky in those spots and you can still see the remnants). I will have to go through my paperwork, but I do not remember any COAs coming with them. Is it possible that Steiner did not get all of them?