I love to get a good deal on bats but...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

I love to get a good deal on bats but...

It makes it hard when people use the forum to jump on items only to immediately flip them for profit. I buy items occasionally that I can profit off of, but I put the money back into the hobby by using the profit to buy other items. The name should be changes to Collector to Dealer classifieds if this keeps up.

9/21:

9/28:

This bat and at least 3 others from the post are now for sale on eBay with a minimum $75 dollar mark up.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com
  • chakes89
    • May 2006

Re: I love to get a good deal on bats but...

Gotta love it
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• Lokee
      Banned
      • May 2008

LOL those are the breaks !

Comment

• Billy77
        • Mar 2010

I just love the ones who post the bat here and at same time have it on ebay....CHEAPER than the price listed in Collector to Collector...

Comment

• bubbrubb25
          • Jan 2007

I see where you guys are coming from, and im not the seller of those bats but if you think about it if i was putting something up for sale on here and got what i asked for my item I would be happy to see someone else make a few bucks and be happy also, as long as the seller gets his asking price who cares if the buyer wants to use the bat as fire wood.
          http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/bubbrubb25/

Email: dannysubach@yahoo.com

Comment

• lakeerie92
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bubbrubb25
            I see where you guys are coming from, and im not the seller of those bats but if you think about it if i was putting something up for sale on here and got what i asked for my item I would be happy to see someone else make a few bucks and be happy also, as long as the seller gets his asking price who cares if the buyer wants to use the bat as fire wood.
            You are absolutely right, but as a collector it is frustrating when you have a opportunity to get a bat for a reasonable price but it is snatched up immediately by someone who has no intentions of holding on to it.
            Russell Wuerffel
            Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
            lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• r_phelps
              • Sep 2007

Part of the game man.

Comment

• MLB_Authentic
                • Oct 2009

Early bird gets the worm, ya snooze ya loose, etc etc etc.

Originally posted by lakeerie92
                You are absolutely right, but as a collector it is frustrating when you have a opportunity to get a bat for a reasonable price but it is snatched up immediately by someone who has no intentions of holding on to it.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

It makes it hard when people use the forum to jump on items only to immediately flip them for profit. I buy items occasionally that I can profit off of, but I put the money back into the hobby by using the profit to buy other items. The name should be changes to Collector to Dealer classifieds if this keeps up.

9/21:

9/28:

This bat and at least 3 others from the post are now for sale on eBay with a minimum $75 dollar mark up.
                  Good for Capital Investments jumping on a great deal at $425! America was built on capitalism and so long as it is done honestly then it works for everybody. MLB Holo'd and Josh buys all good stuff!!!!!!!!!
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• lakeerie92
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                    Good for Capital Investments jumping on a great deal at $425! America was built on capitalism and so long as it is done honestly then it works for everybody. MLB Holo'd and Josh buys all good stuff!!!!!!!!!
                    If it is you then that takes a little bit of the sting out of it because I owe you big time, but capitalism always has a loser, and in this case I am that guy.
                    Russell Wuerffel
                    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• allstarsplus
                      • Nov 2005

If it is you then that takes a little bit of the sting out of it because I owe you big time, but capitalism always has a loser, and in this case I am that guy.
                      I'm not Capital Investments on eBay but I sold that bat to Josh and he decided to change up his collection.

I always hope my buyers feel that they got a great deal from me and can re-sell above what I sold to them at.

Josh is a great guy and so is Capital Investments.
                      Regards,
                      Andrew Lang
                      AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                      202-716-8500

Comment

• lakeerie92
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                        I'm not Capital Investments on eBay but I sold that bat to Josh and he decided to change up his collection.

I always hope my buyers feel that they got a great deal from me and can re-sell above what I sold to them at.

Josh is a great guy and so is Capital Investments.
                        I get it now. You win some, you lose some
                        Russell Wuerffel
                        lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                          • Aug 2007

when i list on here its my bottum dollar price. Ive had a few people buy items and then seen them relisted. Ive also seen some of those items sell on ebay for less than what i got for them. Sometimes capitalism bites you in the butt but it works both ways. In the end i got rid of something i didnt want and thats about all it boils down to.
                          Baseball do what it do
                          -Ron Washington

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Billy77
                            I just love the ones who post the bat here and at same time have it on ebay....CHEAPER than the price listed in Collector to Collector...
                            If you see that happening, report it here. Its against forum rules to sell the same item in 2 places at once.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

People can list an item for any price it does not mean someone will pay it. Just because it is listed at a markup does not mean it will sell at a markup. The economy sucks it is hard to sell anything right now. I am not going to lie I sold Capital some of the stuff he has listed on there and when I did I was extremely relieved because they were items I could not wait to be rid of and could not despite price reductions and alot of effort sell before he bought them. They were my undesirable items for one reason or another i.e. bat had alot of wood missing, was very broken or was of a not very desirable player from his short tenure with a team. If he thinks he can sell them at a profit more power to him and I wish him the best of luck. Keep in mind also those reselling HAVE to inflate the prices because unlike on here Ebay charges fees and no Ebay buyer is going to designate his Paypal payment as a gift which leads to more fees.

Comment

Working...