PDA

View Full Version : I love to get a good deal on bats but...

lakeerie92
09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
It makes it hard when people use the forum to jump on items only to immediately flip them for profit. I buy items occasionally that I can profit off of, but I put the money back into the hobby by using the profit to buy other items. The name should be changes to Collector to Dealer classifieds if this keeps up.

9/21:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=38027&page=2

9/28:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Ryan-Zimmerman-LVS-Game-Used-Mothers-Day-Pink-Bat-/300474020971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f5a5b46b

This bat and at least 3 others from the post are now for sale on eBay with a minimum $75 dollar mark up.

chakes89
09-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Gotta love it

Lokee
09-28-2010, 03:23 PM
LOL those are the breaks !

Billy77
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
I just love the ones who post the bat here and at same time have it on ebay....CHEAPER than the price listed in Collector to Collector...:rolleyes:

bubbrubb25
09-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I see where you guys are coming from, and im not the seller of those bats but if you think about it if i was putting something up for sale on here and got what i asked for my item I would be happy to see someone else make a few bucks and be happy also, as long as the seller gets his asking price who cares if the buyer wants to use the bat as fire wood.:cool:

lakeerie92
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I see where you guys are coming from, and im not the seller of those bats but if you think about it if i was putting something up for sale on here and got what i asked for my item I would be happy to see someone else make a few bucks and be happy also, as long as the seller gets his asking price who cares if the buyer wants to use the bat as fire wood.:cool:
You are absolutely right, but as a collector it is frustrating when you have a opportunity to get a bat for a reasonable price but it is snatched up immediately by someone who has no intentions of holding on to it.

r_phelps
09-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Part of the game man.

MLB_Authentic
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Early bird gets the worm, ya snooze ya loose, etc etc etc.

You are absolutely right, but as a collector it is frustrating when you have a opportunity to get a bat for a reasonable price but it is snatched up immediately by someone who has no intentions of holding on to it.

allstarsplus
09-28-2010, 07:20 PM
It makes it hard when people use the forum to jump on items only to immediately flip them for profit. I buy items occasionally that I can profit off of, but I put the money back into the hobby by using the profit to buy other items. The name should be changes to Collector to Dealer classifieds if this keeps up.

9/21:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=38027&page=2

9/28:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Ryan-Zimmerman-LVS-Game-Used-Mothers-Day-Pink-Bat-/300474020971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f5a5b46b

This bat and at least 3 others from the post are now for sale on eBay with a minimum $75 dollar mark up.

Good for Capital Investments jumping on a great deal at $425! America was built on capitalism and so long as it is done honestly then it works for everybody. MLB Holo'd and Josh buys all good stuff!!!!!!!!!;)

lakeerie92
09-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Good for Capital Investments jumping on a great deal at $425! America was built on capitalism and so long as it is done honestly then it works for everybody. MLB Holo'd and Josh buys all good stuff!!!!!!!!!;)

If it is you then that takes a little bit of the sting out of it because I owe you big time, but capitalism always has a loser, and in this case I am that guy.

allstarsplus
09-28-2010, 07:45 PM
If it is you then that takes a little bit of the sting out of it because I owe you big time, but capitalism always has a loser, and in this case I am that guy.

I'm not Capital Investments on eBay but I sold that bat to Josh and he decided to change up his collection.

I always hope my buyers feel that they got a great deal from me and can re-sell above what I sold to them at.

Josh is a great guy and so is Capital Investments.

lakeerie92
09-28-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm not Capital Investments on eBay but I sold that bat to Josh and he decided to change up his collection.

I always hope my buyers feel that they got a great deal from me and can re-sell above what I sold to them at.

Josh is a great guy and so is Capital Investments.

I get it now. You win some, you lose some

Fnazxc0114
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
when i list on here its my bottum dollar price. Ive had a few people buy items and then seen them relisted. Ive also seen some of those items sell on ebay for less than what i got for them. Sometimes capitalism bites you in the butt but it works both ways. In the end i got rid of something i didnt want and thats about all it boils down to.

Vintagedeputy
09-28-2010, 10:22 PM
I just love the ones who post the bat here and at same time have it on ebay....CHEAPER than the price listed in Collector to Collector...:rolleyes:

If you see that happening, report it here. Its against forum rules to sell the same item in 2 places at once.

legaleagle92481
09-29-2010, 01:20 AM
People can list an item for any price it does not mean someone will pay it. Just because it is listed at a markup does not mean it will sell at a markup. The economy sucks it is hard to sell anything right now. I am not going to lie I sold Capital some of the stuff he has listed on there and when I did I was extremely relieved because they were items I could not wait to be rid of and could not despite price reductions and alot of effort sell before he bought them. They were my undesirable items for one reason or another i.e. bat had alot of wood missing, was very broken or was of a not very desirable player from his short tenure with a team. If he thinks he can sell them at a profit more power to him and I wish him the best of luck. Keep in mind also those reselling HAVE to inflate the prices because unlike on here Ebay charges fees and no Ebay buyer is going to designate his Paypal payment as a gift which leads to more fees.

suave1477
09-29-2010, 11:56 AM
If you see that happening, report it here. Its against forum rules to sell the same item in 2 places at once.

To Billy and Vintage what is wrong with that to begin with?

Also to Vintage is that aginst forum rules? I will have to read ovr them again and if it is that doesn't make sense.

What's wrong with listing an item more than one place??? Since when if you list an item, you can only list it with GUU?

suave1477
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM

I just read over all the forum rules and not once does it mention a rule like this.

mbrieve
09-29-2010, 12:12 PM
I just read over all the forum rules and not once does it mention a rule like this.
Read post #3:

https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18001

suave1477
09-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Read post #3:

https://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18001

Ok I didnt see that post.

Doesn't make sense why you wouldn't be able to post here and somewhere else. Also how long does that rule stand for? meaning if I posted an item on ebay lets say for example in the Ebay Store and have it running for a month or a couple of months and no bite. At what point can I list it here?

nycpropain
09-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Doesn't make sense why you wouldn't be able to post here and somewhere else. Also how long does that rule stand for? meaning if I posted an item on ebay lets say for example in the Ebay Store and have it running for a month or a couple of months and no bite. At what point can I list it here?

My guess is when you remove it from the store.

joelsabi
09-29-2010, 01:07 PM

It is best to read the User Agreement on the Collector to Collector section.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18001

Two main point are:

It is not intended for dealers, businesses or professional teams looking to sell their merchandise otherwise.

This forum is not for posting items that are currently for sale on eBay or any other venue.

If it's in an Ebay Store it is part of a business.

Speaking personally, if we opened it up to ebay items everyone who has a game used item for sale on Ebay would sign up in the forum and post it in the C2C section which would make it congested and the C2C is based on trust among active forum members which is not the case with new members.

rdeversole
09-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I see nothing wrong with reselling for a profit. This is how I pay for part of my collection and I know many other collectors who do that as well. When you can find a way for your hobby to pay for itself, then you're doing your pocketbook (and relationship with your wife) a favor. Yeah, some people are reselling just for profit/business and I applaud the fact they can turn a profit. The only thing that could sour the situation is selling an item too low and not realizing that until it's sold again for a higher price. Yep - win some, lose some.

kylehess10
09-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I personally don't see anything wrong with buying and reselling for profit. It's what I do for a living right now. I buy and resell camera lenses on eBay. Being a full-time student, I don't have the time for a job, and really I don't even want a job. I know a lot about camera equipment though so I find great deals and have them back up on eBay by the following week for say $100 more (or whatever the price is that the specific lens sells for). I use the profit money for my every-day needs and also for buying new stuff for my collection, as well as new camera equipment for myself. Reselling for profit is sometimes the only thing people can do to make money for themselves. I know it's all I can do and it does bring in a lot of money for me when I work long enough to find deals. So even though I hate to see prices jump up on things that were sold just a week ago for a few hundred less, I understand that it's just part of the industry, and if it sells, then good for them.

suave1477
09-29-2010, 03:01 PM
It is best to read the User Agreement on the Collector to Collector section.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=18001

Two main point are:

It is not intended for dealers, businesses or professional teams looking to sell their merchandise otherwise.

This forum is not for posting items that are currently for sale on eBay or any other venue.

If it's in an Ebay Store it is part of a business.

Speaking personally, if we opened it up to ebay items everyone who has a game used item for sale on Ebay would sign up in the forum and post it in the C2C section which would make it congested and the C2C is based on trust among active forum members which is not the case with new members.

Responding to the highlighted statements first as they all coincide with each other really.
I am understand not wanting to open it up to Dealers, Teams etc..... but just because you have a "Ebay Store" doesn't automaically make you a business. Not in my opinion. I am not sure what the exact requirements are to have an "Ebay Store" but I do believe a lot of people open those because if you have a lot of tiems your looking to move / get rid of, I believe Ebay offers deals/discounts to doing it through there ebay store.

As to your other comment I don't think it would just automatically attract people to over night spaming sale items on this site. Because they would have to know about the site first to begin with.

It really is no different then it was a year ot 2 ago when people would list items in the for sale section with a link to there ebay auction