PDA

View Full Version : Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before ...

MSpecht
09-28-2010, 04:37 PM
From The "Ask David Horowitz" column in the October, 2010 issue of Costco Connection Magazine:

"We used a well-known and reputable on-line auction site to sell a famous sports team's playing jersey. A bidder purchased the jersey for $ 777.00. We were to be paid within a month. We never received our payment, despite having shipped the jersey. We contacted the auction company and were told by an executive that there was an oversite, and we would be paid in full per their user agreement. However, this was the last we heard from the company. What are we to do ?"
Anthony and Mary,
Las Vegas, Nevada

David Horowitz responds:

I asked Anthony and Mary to call the auction company, then send a certified letter to the company showing my involvement and demanding they get their money within ten days lest we further investigate the company and reveal information they may not want to come to light, and/or publicize what has happened to the sellers. The on-lione auction company, despite claiming that they had no record of the sale, was ultimately able to find the record. It then worked out an agreement with the sellers. The auction company will pay Anthony and Mary $ 100.00 per month from August through December, and an additional $ 277.00 in January, 2011."

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

jgoldstein2000
09-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Unreal

trsent
09-30-2010, 07:33 AM
From The "Ask David Horowitz" column in the October, 2010 issue of Costco Connection Magazine:

"We used a well-known and reputable on-line auction site to sell a famous sports team's playing jersey. A bidder purchased the jersey for $ 777.00. We were to be paid within a month. We never received our payment, despite having shipped the jersey. We contacted the auction company and were told by an executive that there was an oversite, and we would be paid in full per their user agreement. However, this was the last we heard from the company. What are we to do ?"
Anthony and Mary,
Las Vegas, Nevada

David Horowitz responds:

I asked Anthony and Mary to call the auction company, then send a certified letter to the company showing my involvement and demanding they get their money within ten days lest we further investigate the company and reveal information they may not want to come to light, and/or publicize what has happened to the sellers. The on-lione auction company, despite claiming that they had no record of the sale, was ultimately able to find the record. It then worked out an agreement with the sellers. The auction company will pay Anthony and Mary $ 100.00 per month from August through December, and an additional $ 277.00 in January, 2011."

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Mike, very interesting column. A few questions and ideas:

1. Is this the official magazine of Costco store members?

2. Who is David Horowitz?

3. Can he help others owed money by auction houses? I think there may be some members here looking for help. If so, everyone owed should ask this guy for help!

platinum1
09-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Mike, very interesting column. A few questions and ideas:

1. Is this the official magazine of Costco store members?

3. Can he help others owed money by auction houses? I think there may be some members here looking for help. If so, everyone owed should ask this guy for help!
This David guy would have work for the rest of his life if he helped out all the people that have gotten screwed by AM

suave1477
09-30-2010, 09:46 AM
. The auction company will pay Anthony and Mary $ 100.00 per month from August through December, and an additional $ 277.00 in January, 2011."

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Ok I don't mean to nitpick here but is this for real??? A $100 a month? My response to that would be "ummmmmm NOOOOOO" "You will pay me everything now"
Don't get me wrong I understand if your a private seller and you owe money and something went wrong and your not able to get all the money back to the person all at one time then I can understand setting up a payment plan. But we are talking about an established business. Which its going to take them 5/6 months, are you kidding?

joelsabi
09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=trsent;219169]

QUOTE]

David Horowitz is a long time Consumer Advocate. Maybe this article was from his syndicated column.

joelsabi
09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Sounds like this post

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=140833&postcount=13

kudu
09-30-2010, 03:31 PM
[quote=trsent;219169]

QUOTE]

David Horowitz is a long time Consumer Advocate. Maybe this article was from his syndicated column.

Oh yeah, Fight Back with David Horowitz. "Stay aware and informed, fight back, and don't let ANYONE rip you off!" :)

MSpecht
09-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Live, from Las Vegas -------

I am not real sure how the "new business model" is working out for them. Here are a few recent court proceedings (last four months) from Clark County, Nevada:

08/10/2010
Foreign Judgment (Judicial Officer: Bell, Linda)
Debtors: American Memorabilia (Defendant), Victor Moreno (Defendant), Susan
Kieta (Defendant)
Creditors: Michael Johnson (Plaintiff)
Judgment: 08/10/2010, Docketed: 08/17/2010
Total Judgment: 75,200.00

08/24/2010
Default Judgment Plus Legal Interest (Judicial Officer: Denton, Mark R.)
Debtors: American Memorabilia Inc (Defendant), Victor Moreno (Defendant),
Kieta (Defendant)
Creditors: Thomas Holman Jr (Plaintiff)
Judgment: 08/24/2009, Docketed: 08/25/2009
Total Judgment: 14,073.62

07/01/2010
Foreign Judgment (Judicial Officer: Herndon, Douglas W.)
Debtors: American Memorabilia (Defendant)
Creditors: Aaron Taub (Plaintiff)
Judgment: 07/01/2010, Docketed: 07/02/2010
Total Judgment: 2,529.20

06/18/2010
Summary Judgment (Judicial Officer: Denton, Mark R.)
Debtors: Mary Kieta (Defendant), Mary S Kieta (Also Known As), American
Memorabilia Inc (Defendant)
Creditors: American Express Bank FSB (Plaintiff)
Judgment: 06/18/2010, Docketed: 06/22/2010
Total Judgment: 90,938.31

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Krausmann
10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
A hundred a month? Who are these people? - Tom