PDA

View Full Version : MLB authentication program question

Soonerfan65
09-30-2010, 09:51 PM
There's a Ron gardenhire Twins jersey on ebay that i'm interested in, but when i look up the hologram number it says team issued not game used; can anyone help me on this? The jersey link is right below

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110592738342&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI

jetersbatboy
09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
MLB will not authenticate anything as game used unless witnessed by them. Team issued jersey are labeled that when so you know it was sourced from the team. Game issued, is considered by most as meant for game use but never used.

The thing with team issued is game used items are tagged with this term. Teams will right letter saying a item is game used, but the MLB list it team issued. I'd rather have a team issued item, then a game issued item, just because of this fact. The phillies and blue jays do this a lot.

That's my take on this thing.

indyred
10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Just about every Twins jersey shows up as team issued. Just have to look for use. Quite a few teams it seems now do this. Just have them authenticated in bulk. I bet if you look at serial #'s all around it you will find many more team issued jerseys.

allstarsplus
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't like the rule but what was explained to me is that if the jersey wasn't witnessed being taken off of the player it is game issued. The exception to that would be if the authenticator has pre-marked the jersey with an invisible dye or other suitable marking.

I recently got a jersey like this too. Marked as game issued by the MLB Authenticator. The jersey showed use.

I understand why they do it this way especially with all the jerseys that are getting issued these days to the star players.