PDA

View Full Version : The ALEXANDER game used jersey collection

Jeffredsfan
10-01-2010, 04:37 PM
For your viewing pleasure, I present the greatest game used / game worn ALEXANDER jersey collection in the WORLD! When my son Alex was born in 1986, I found a Charles Alexander game used Los Angeles Rams jersey for sale in a Hartel Sports catalog. I thought that would be a cool thing to buy for my son. Up until 5 years ago, I hadn't given much thought about trying to obtain more ALEXANDER jerseys. I started checking out eBay and was surprised at the number of ALEXANDER jerseys available. Fast forward to the present and there are now 63 ALEXANDER game worn / game used jerseys in my collection. The only one I don't have pictured is a Joe Alexander, Los Bulls jersey from last year. That one hangs in my son's home.

I have only one hockey jersey, 3 pro lacrosse jerseys, a WNBA jersey, 2 soccer jerseys (1 of them is foreign), and many pro and college football jerseys, and some minor and major league baseball jerseys. The 3 pictures of the jerseys in the showcase are my favorites. The Rams jersey which started it all, a 1977 Oakland A's jersey, and a Dallas Cowboys jersey. Enjoy the pictures!

I am always looking to add to the World's Greatest ALEXANDER game used jersey collection!
Contact me at JEFFREDSFAN1975@YAHOO.COM

ivo610
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Thats a great collection

Jeffredsfan
10-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Thank you Ryan! My goal is 100 jerseys and then I told my wife I would stop. She said, "no you won't." I married a smart woman!

godwulf
10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Thats a great collection

Good one. You beat me to it. ;)

Fnazxc0114
10-01-2010, 06:41 PM
that d'alecandro one made me chuckle a little. Awesome collection.

Jeffredsfan
10-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Thank you for the wonderful comments. This is one (collecting ALEXANDER jerseys) of the few areas of the hobby that hasn't soured me yet. I get so frustrated with all the negative issues with game used equipment. The authenticating of jerseys has turned into a circus. Some people and companies , who I thought were above reproach, that I thought were the gold standard, are getting torched in this forum and elsewhere.

Anyway, my ALEXANDER collection is a labor of love and a great source of joy and satisfaction. I've started 2 new collections for my grandsons, EARL and LOAGEN. I've been able to obtain a few EARL game used jerseys but for some reason, my daughter decided to spell Loagen's name with an "A" in it. I have to improvise on this one. I've been buying LOGEN / LOGAN jerseys for him (I also have a few CURLEY / KIRLEY jerseys for him because when he was young, he was bald and chunky - he looked like CURLY from the 3 Stooges.

Collect what you love and if you're fortunate, you'll be able to pass it on to those you love.

Jeffredsfan
01-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Thank you for the wonderful comments. This is one (collecting ALEXANDER jerseys) of the few areas of the hobby that hasn't soured me yet. I get so frustrated with all the negative issues with game used equipment. The authenticating of jerseys has turned into a circus. Some people and companies , who I thought were above reproach, that I thought were the gold standard, are getting torched in this forum and elsewhere.

Anyway, my ALEXANDER collection is a labor of love and a great source of joy and satisfaction. I've started 2 new collections for my grandsons, EARL and LOAGEN. I've been able to obtain a few EARL game used jerseys but for some reason, my daughter decided to spell Loagen's name with an "A" in it. I have to improvise on this one. I've been buying LOGEN / LOGAN jerseys for him (I also have a few CURLEY / KIRLEY jerseys for him because when he was young, he was bald and chunky - he looked like CURLY from the 3 Stooges.

Collect what you love and if you're fortunate, you'll be able to pass it on to those you love.

6 more jerseys have been added to the Alexander game used / game worn collection. Included are a couple of Russian hockey jerseys (Alexandrov) a Bulls Joe Alexander, a Cavs Victor Alexander, and 2 Cleveland Browns practice jerseys. A Redskins 1999 Steven Alexander jersey is on it's way from Mark at Gridiron Exchange.

My collection now stands at 69 jerseys. 100 is the goal!
:):):):):)

Robster744
01-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Wonderfull collection. I like your reason to collect 'Alexander' jerseys.
Where did you get the Victor Alexander (Cavs) jersey? Is it game-issued? He never played a game for the Cavs so this jersey is quit rare I think.

Jeffredsfan
01-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Wonderfull collection. I like your reason to collect 'Alexander' jerseys.
Where did you get the Victor Alexander (Cavs) jersey? Is it game-issued? He never played a game for the Cavs so this jersey is quit rare I think.

Thanks for the nice comments. You're right, Victor never played for the Cavs. He was traded to them, failed his physical, and sent back to Toronto(I think). This is a game issued jersey.

Jeffredsfan
09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
More ALEXANDER jerseys coming! Stay tuned! :)

Jeffredsfan
03-17-2013, 06:50 AM
Still looking to add more ALEXANDER game used jerseys to the collection!