PDA

View Full Version : MLB Playoff Predictions

legaleagle92481
10-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Now that we all know the participants finally, how do you guys think the MLB postseason will play out?

Here are my picks:

AL

Division Series

Twins over Yanks in 5
Rangers over Rays in 4

ALCS

Rangers over Twins in 6

NL

Division Series

Phils over Reds in 3
Giants over Braves in 5

NLCS

Phils over Giants in 6

World Series

Phils over Rangers in 7

slambam
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
What I think...

ALDS
Yanks over Twins in 4
Rays over Rangers in 4

ALCS
Rays over Yanks in 6

NLDS
Phils over Reds in 4
Giants over Braves in 3

NLCS
Giants over Phils in 7

World Series
Giants over Rays in 6

But I hope, the ALCS will be Twins/Rays, NLCS Phils/Braves, then either the Twins or Braves win it. I think it would be awesome to see the small market Twins win it, or Bobby Cox go out on top.

Fnazxc0114
10-04-2010, 10:22 PM
I think the phils are the team to beat. They will be tough with their three man rotation. I dont want to jinx anything so thats the only thing im predicting.

rdeversole
10-05-2010, 10:36 AM
ALDS
Yanks over Twins
Rangers over Rays

ALCS
Rangers over Yanks

NLDS
Reds over Phillies
Giants over Braves

NLCS
Reds over Giants

World Series
Reds over Rangers

Anybody wanna offer me odds? Haha, jk.

suave1477
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
This is an easy one!!

Twins over Yanks in 5

legaleagle92481
10-05-2010, 12:40 PM
This is an easy one!!

Twins over Yanks in 5

Weren't you a Yankee fan?

sportscrazy13
10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
NLDS

Braves over Giants
Phils over Reds

ALDS

Yanks over Twins
Rays over Rangers

NLCS

Braves over Phils

ALCS

Yanks over Rays

WS

Braves over Yanks Heyward MVP

OK I'm a Braves fan, the team that scares me is the Phillies

xpress34
10-05-2010, 01:36 PM
AL

Division Series

Twins over Yanks in 5
Rangers over Rays in 4

ALCS

Rangers over Twins in 6

NL

Division Series

Reds over Phils in 4
Braves over Giants in 5

NLCS

Reds over Braves in 6

World Series

Rangers over Reds in 6

suave1477
10-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Weren't you a Yankee fan?

I am a Yankee fan but im not going to lie to myself lol:D

Hey I gave us 1 game lol

Seriously though our pitching has been horrible. With Subpar pitching you cannot last through the playoffs.
Not to mention our hitting goes either way on any given day. One day we hit a ton the next we hit nothing.

TNTtoys
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I am a Yankee fan but im not going to lie to myself lol:D

Hey I gave us 1 game lol

Seriously though our pitching has been horrible. With Subpar pitching you cannot last through the playoffs.
Not to mention our hitting goes either way on any given day. One day we hit a ton the next we hit nothing.

The Twins don't exactly have a formidable 1-2-3 punch either. After Liriano (who was a modest 12-10 this year), they have Pavano and then some other guy I never heard of. Pitching might be a pretty even matchup.

TNTtoys
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Phillies over Reds in 4.
Giants over Braves in 4.

Yankees over Twins in 5.
Rangers over Rays in 5.

Phillies over Giants in 6.
Yankees over Rangers in 5.

And Phillies exact revenge by beating the Yankees in a rematch of last year's "I don't know who to root for because I can't stand both teams" World Series.

The only two teams I really like in this entire post-season (Rangers and Rays) have to play each other in Round 1... and with the Rays limping into the playoffs and facing a polished Cliff Lee in TB for game 1, I don't give them too much of a chance to advance. Supposing they lose game 1 and win game 2, I don't see them taking 2 out of 3 in Texas.

BULBUS
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
The Twins don't exactly have a formidable 1-2-3 punch either. After Liriano (who was a modest 12-10 this year), they have Pavano and then some other guy I never heard of. Pitching might be a pretty even matchup.

I agree, plus the Twins pitching has been getting roughed up the last couple of weeks. With AJ off the ALDS roster, the Yanks will win in 4.

I think it will be the Yanks and Phils again, going 7 games. Not sure who to pick yet.

lehmsbobby
10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
NL

Giants over Braves in 4
Phillies over Reds in 3

Giants over Phillies in 6

AL

Twins over Yankess in 5
Rays over Rangers in 4

Twins over Rays in 7

WS

Giants over Twins in 6

legaleagle92481
10-07-2010, 10:51 AM
After yesterday's no hitter, Reds fans how do you feel about your team?

TNTtoys
10-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Better yet, does anyone here who has picked the Phillies to "NOT GET TO THE WORLD SERIES" wish to change their prediction?

I am not a Phillies fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I know a juggernaut when I see one.

rdeversole
10-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Had it been anybody other than Halladay that threw the no hitter, we'd feel pretty bad. Gotta give it up to the ace of the league. Still feel pretty good about facing Oswalt and Hamels.

suave1477
10-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Better yet, does anyone here who has picked the Phillies to "NOT GET TO THE WORLD SERIES" wish to change their prediction?

I am not a Phillies fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I know a juggernaut when I see one.

Well as I mentioned before Twins in 5.
Yankees got there one game in and that was luck.

Since Pavano has been made the Anti Yankee as of his departure I am quite sure he is going to be on his A Game aginst us.

TNTtoys
10-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Since Pavano has been made the Anti Yankee as of his departure I am quite sure he is going to be on his A Game aginst us.

It looks as though suave's GUU account has been hijacked by...

BULBUS
10-07-2010, 01:03 PM

Pavano still s..ks, the Yankees knocked him around the last time he faced them, and they'll do the same today. I just hope that Petttitte pitches like he has for most of the season.

legaleagle92481
10-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Strike my prior predictions all indications are its going to be a World Series rematch though I still think Philly will take it.

suave1477
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Big Strike to my prior prediction but not that we actually earned those wins either.
I still don't think we are going to get past the Rangers or Rays but we will see.

3arod13
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Big Strike to my prior prediction but not that we actually earned those wins either.
I still don't think we are going to get past the Rangers or Rays but we will see.

You must be a new Yankee fan :)

Keep the faith...they always find a way!

suave1477
10-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Been a Yankee fan for many many years.

I am just realistic, if we win great. But if the other teams are playing to there full potential I don't see it happening.

3arod13
10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Been a Yankee fan for many many years.

I am just realistic, if we win great. But if the other teams are playing to there full potential I don't see it happening.

I was just kidding. I know you're a big Yankee fan.

I understand your concerns. I'm also on the edge, where I'm not as confident as we move on. However, I'm bleed Yankee blue and white, and will continue to be optomistic.

Go Yankees!!

yanks12025
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
The yankees will win. You said they wouldn't against the Twins but i knew they would. And they will do the same for the Rangers or Rays.

legaleagle92481
10-12-2010, 12:56 PM
The yankees will win. You said they wouldn't against the Twins but i knew they would. And they will do the same for the Rangers or Rays.

I second this. As the playoffs have unfolded it is clear neither team is as well rounded as the Yanks. The Rangers have a top heavy lineup and rotation and other than Feliz not much in the pen. Plus they don't handle success well. The Rays have little starting pitching beyond Price that is reliable or consistent and even Price stunk in Game 1 and the lineup also lacks consistency and is prone to extended funks. The Yanks have a solid lenup 1-9, the best top three of the three teams, a solid pen and a dynamic closer. Neither of these teams is beating them four times. Phils-Yanks would be a classic world series two stacked teams going at it. I really hope it happens. Giants-Yanks or Phils-Rays, Phils-Rangers or Giants-Rays or Giants-Rangers just would not measure up.

suave1477
10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I second this. As the playoffs have unfolded it is clear neither team is as well rounded as the Yanks. The Rangers have a top heavy lineup and rotation and other than Feliz not much in the pen. Plus they don't handle success well. The Rays have little starting pitching beyond Price that is reliable or consistent and even Price stunk in Game 1 and the lineup also lacks consistency and is prone to extended funks. The Yanks have a solid lenup 1-9, the best top three of the three teams, a solid pen and a dynamic closer. Neither of these teams is beating them four times. Phils-Yanks would be a classic world series two stacked teams going at it. I really hope it happens. Giants-Yanks or Phils-Rays, Phils-Rangers or Giants-Rays or Giants-Rangers just would not measure up.

I couldnt disagree more.
Solid line up 1 through 9 - Not really
Who has been solid? They all have been completely inconsistant - Tex is starting to come back around but who knows what might happen. Granderson seems to have found his stroke. But everyone else has been iffy.
Jeter has slumped all season, Posada has slumped alls season.
A solid pen - not really we have consistant guys but you cant use them for every game
Dynamic closer - who has been shaky lately blowing saves
Oh and no teams beating us 4 games? Thats what they said about the Red Sox

3arod13
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I couldnt disagree more.
Solid line up 1 through 9 - Not really
Who has been solid? They all have been completely inconsistant - Tex is starting to come back around but who knows what might happen. Granderson seems to have found his stroke. But everyone else has been iffy.
Jeter has slumped all season, Posada has slumped alls season.
A solid pen - not really we have consistant guys but you cant use them for every game
Dynamic closer - who has been shaky lately blowing saves
Oh and no teams beating us 4 games? Thats what they said about the Red Sox

Are you sure you're a Yankee fan? Sound more like a Red Sox fan (Yankee hater). Just kidding. I think the Yankees will do ok.

xpress34
10-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Reviving this thread for one reason only...

I went through all the posts and these are the ONLY people with a dog still in this race from their predictions, etc.

LeagleEagle - Chose TEX for AL, but unfortunately disqualified himself with a later post when he said it would be a rematch of 2009 meaning he changed to NYY.

SlamBam - Chose SF for NL and for WS Champs.

Rdeversole - Chose TEX for AL, but NOT for WS Champs.

Xpress34 - Chose TEX for AL and for WS Champs.

Lehmsbobby - Chose SF for NL and for WS Champs.

NO ONE else actually made a full out prediction - just threw comments around including my boy Fnazxc who didn't want to 'jinx' the Rangers.

That said, the last three standing are:

Slambam and Lehmsbobby going for SF GIANTS.

Xpress34 going for TX RANGERS.

May the best team win!!!

- Smitty

Fnazxc0114
10-23-2010, 11:31 PM
The pen had one bad outing but shut down the yankees from there on out. I still dont want to make a prediction for fear of jinxing my team lol

xpress34
10-23-2010, 11:38 PM
The pen had one bad outing but shut down the yankees from there on out. I still dont want to make a prediction for fear of jinxing my team lol

So I guess they're riding on MY back!!!

Kind of fitting with my board name - Xpress34 - since the team rode on Ryan's back through the court battles and sale and all!

All the best -

Smitty

Fnazxc0114
10-24-2010, 02:27 PM
During the court battle the last night one of the stations had a local feed in the court room It was pretty intense and touch and go for a while. Think the bidding was over around 1 in the morning.

TNTtoys
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Heard a great one-liner on my bus-ride in to work today that sums up this past NLCS between the Phillies & Giants...

Cody Ross's name spelled backwards is "Sorry, Doc!"

camarokids
11-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Heard a great one-liner on my bus-ride in to work today that sums up this past NLCS between the Phillies & Giants...

Cody Ross's name spelled backwards is "Sorry, Doc!"

That is pretty darn good :D! Someone had a lot of time on their hands to figure that out....

xpress34
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Reviving this thread for one reason only...

I went through all the posts and these are the ONLY people with a dog still in this race from their predictions, etc.

LeagleEagle - Chose TEX for AL, but unfortunately disqualified himself with a later post when he said it would be a rematch of 2009 meaning he changed to NYY.

SlamBam - Chose SF for NL and for WS Champs.

Rdeversole - Chose TEX for AL, but NOT for WS Champs.

Xpress34 - Chose TEX for AL and for WS Champs.

Lehmsbobby - Chose SF for NL and for WS Champs.

NO ONE else actually made a full out prediction - just threw comments around including my boy Fnazxc who didn't want to 'jinx' the Rangers.

That said, the last three standing are:

Slambam and Lehmsbobby going for SF GIANTS.

Xpress34 going for TX RANGERS.

May the best team win!!!

- Smitty

Congrats to the San Francisco Giants on their WS Championship.

Quite frankly they out pitched and out hit the Rangers when they needed the clutch hit.

And congrats to Slambam and Lehmsbobby!

They were the only two to pick the SF GIANTS in their predictions!

- Smitty

lehmsbobby
11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
thanks!

hometeam support, but ill take it nonetheless!

Ill be at the parade tomorrow cant wait!!!!!

legaleagle92481
11-04-2010, 08:46 AM
thanks!

hometeam support, but ill take it nonetheless!

Ill be at the parade tomorrow cant wait!!!!!

Good job picking. Congrats on the win you guys deserve it after all those years of waiting. Enjoy it!