PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Andrew Lang

AWA85
10-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Wanted to take a minute to give a shout out to Andrew. I recently was watching an Adam Dunn Reds helmet that was hammered with use, but had the bill broken. Bidding never really took off and I wasn't sure if there was an issue with the helmet or could just be caused by the condition of the cracked bill.

Wanting to make sure the helmet checks out, I shot Andrew an email to see if he had any Nats helmets or caps in the past to give me a reference on a size range. Andrew did not, but he went to the trouble of contacting Dunn and the equipment guy for the Nats. Talk about a hook up, confirmed the size on the dot.

After winning the helmet, Andrew helped me get the helmet signed by Dunn. Not only did he manage to meet up with Dunn, he even had Dunn hold on to the helmet for a day where it was MLB authenticated for the autograph. Could not be more thrilled with how the helmet turned out, as it has been a great addition to my collection. I have had some up and down moments in the hobby recently, but wanted to thank Andrew for making a simple question about a size turn out to be a cherished game used pick up!

AutographAddiction
10-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Very classy, what a hook-up!

Lokee
10-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Very well done.

spartanservitto
10-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Man, too cool.

-Tony

brianborsch
10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I too would also like to thank Andrew Lang. I inquired on an item (that I found he was previously interested in but passed due to a ridiculous asking price). After he found that the price was greatly reduced (even lower than his initial asking price when he was interested), he still stuck to his commitment to get me the bat I was looking for. He is truly a stand-up guy!

Andrew, thanks for all you do. You really help others on this forum and we all appreciate it. Thanks for being such a great person!

BB

3arod13
10-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Awesome! Congrats! Andrew also help me finalize the authentication of an Alex Rodriguez Game Used Bat for me, where Arod actually signed the letter authenticating the bat and it's history. Without Andrew, it wouldn't have happened.

Again, congrats!

silkman22
10-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Andrew is a true gentleman and someone I consider a good friend. Some of the best items in my collection are courtesy of him and his connections. Andrew's knowledge of game used items is unquestioned and he is a true asset to this forum.

JP

Neal
10-07-2010, 07:52 AM
Nice item and even nicer gesture!

3arod13
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Wonder how the helpmet got cracked? Hit by a ball? Threw the helmet down in anger? Would be interested to know.

AWA85
10-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Wonder how the helpmet got cracked? Hit by a ball? Threw the helmet down in anger? Would be interested to know.

With it being cracked on both sides, I would have to believe it came during a little anger moment of some sort. I bought it initially thinking I could remove the tape and try and glue it together, but in person the tape is not as bad as I thought and may just not mess with it.

joelsabi
10-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Congrats. Makes me wish Andrew was ARod's handler.

murfsteve25
10-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Very nice! Sounds like Andrew went far out of his way. Nice job AL.

Mattapan03
10-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I have had communication with Andrew in the past and must say he's a great guy that will always go the extra mile to help if possible.

allstarsplus
10-07-2010, 01:02 PM
With it being cracked on both sides, I would have to believe it came during a little anger moment of some sort. I bought it initially thinking I could remove the tape and try and glue it together, but in person the tape is not as bad as I thought and may just not mess with it.

Adam - Thanks for the kind words and glad it turned out so great. What a great sig on a cool helmet.

As I thought of your helmet on the last days of the season, I decided to see if I could get Adam's helmet figuring he may not be back in 2011. In the past, I have had no luck except 1 other helmet as they reuse them unless they are damaged.

I ended up getting Adam's helmet and the use is great and I think it was used for 2009/2010. The buildup of gunk on the underside of the bill where he would take the helmet off was great. It measured also the exact same size as yours too!

The coolest part was that it was uncleaned on the outside in the same condition from the last home game which had been a rainy chilly day. Adam unfortunately struck out 4 times in the game and in one of his at-bats tossed his helmet in the muck. When it dried it left a nice splatter of dried on dirt on the front of the helmet. It kind of is like an unwashed jersey when the player slides head first and you get the jersey with dirt all over it.

So I have you to thank for getting me to think about the possibility of getting a helmet. I was also persistent enough to ask for 2 other players helmets for the great Silkman (J.P.) and SonnyJurgy9 (Joe G.). Joe and J.P. litterally have been waiting years for batting helmets so lots of people have smiles today thanks to you Adam A.!

tigerdale
10-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Adam, great helmet, great story!! Andrew...awesome job as usual. Every time I have delt w/ Andrew it has been a pleasure. He is a great guy. This is a perfect thread of two respected forum members working together & having great results.

Vintagedeputy
10-08-2010, 07:18 AM
If the Game Used Forum had an "employee of the year" type award, Andrew would win it hands down year after year. He works hard for other collectors to help them build their collection and he is truly one of the best guys I've ever met in the hobby.

vdsporty25
10-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Adam, great helmet, great story!! Andrew...awesome job as usual. Every time I have delt w/ Andrew it has been a pleasure. He is a great guy. This is a perfect thread of two respected forum members working together & having great results.

If the Game Used Forum had an "employee of the year" type award, Andrew would win it hands down year after year. He works hard for other collectors to help them build their collection and he is truly one of the best guys I've ever met in the hobby.

I couldn't have said it better....Andrew has come through every time I have dealt with him and is simply the best! Great helmets guys!

rdeversole
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm extremely pleased to do business with Andrew. Because of him, I landed the Adam Dunn 3 HR game used bat a while back and lately he's been bulking up my Josh Willingham collection. I just got 3 bats in from him (B45, B45, Carolina Clubs) and I have this AWESOME jersey on the way. Every time I talk to Andrew, I'm constantly amazed by all of the high quality game used he has around.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06528.jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06530.jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06532.jpg

Lokee
10-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm extremely pleased to do business with Andrew. Because of him, I landed the Adam Dunn 3 HR game used bat a while back and lately he's been bulking up my Josh Willingham collection. I just got 3 bats in from him (B45, B45, Carolina Clubs) and I have this AWESOME jersey on the way. Every time I talk to Andrew, I'm constantly amazed by all of the high quality game used he has around.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06528.jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06530.jpghttp://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06532.jpg

What happened to the gold trim on the jersey ?

rdeversole
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean?

LastingsMilledge85
10-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Very neat jersey, being that it is a Set 1 red that jersey probably saw most of the use during those games.

allstarsplus
10-08-2010, 11:19 PM

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06530.jpgHoping you photomatch to Josh's Walkoff HR on 5/23/10

iluvdc
10-08-2010, 11:28 PM
My thanks to Andrew for helping me obtain this Dunn HR full uniform! Andrew has been instrumental in helping me fullfill my wantlist for 2 years now! I regard him as a friend and thanks so much!

allstarsplus
10-08-2010, 11:32 PM

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/DSC06528.jpg

jobathenut
10-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I am a huge dunn fan.And i got to see him play in person once in 2002 when i went to pittsburgh for a pirates weekend with my mom.Anyway the thursday game they played the reds (the weekend was the cardnals).And i had never seen or even heard of dunn.As i was a huge todd walker fan so i was excited to see him play.And got seats right behind the reds dugout.And i saw dunn come out of the dugout and i said to myself "look at that big corn feed mule"-wow thats a big guy.And i saw him hit a towering flyout and he just started swearing at him self "you really the sh*t out of that you fat bleep" and i just started laughing.And he threw his helmet in the dugout.And the thing is it was like the 2nd inning of the game.Thats a guy that takes this game serious every at bat.And i fell in love with the guy right then and there.Hope you dont mind just had to tell that story.Because chances are it was does in a anger moment.

BaseballGM
10-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Gotta love the hammer.

joelsabi
10-09-2010, 10:15 AM
What happened to the gold trim on the jersey ?

seems like the numbers would only have gold trim on half the numbers like shading. not sure why the gold trim is hanging from the top of the "6" but it makes for a great photomatch.

jdr3
10-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Andrew,

Thank you for the battling helmet! Here is another photo match.

-Jim

allstarsplus
10-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Andrew,

Thank you for the battling helmet! Here is another photo match.

-Jim

Jim - Congrats and you are welcome. Nice match on that!!!!!!!

It goes perfect with your 2 Dunn HR uniforms!

Also, make sure you thank Steve Mears who really wanted it also but after I told him you needed that helmet to finish your perfect Dunn, Steve really wanted it to go in your collection.

jdr3
10-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Thank you, Steve!