Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWA85
    • Jan 2008

Thank You Andrew Lang

Wanted to take a minute to give a shout out to Andrew. I recently was watching an Adam Dunn Reds helmet that was hammered with use, but had the bill broken. Bidding never really took off and I wasn't sure if there was an issue with the helmet or could just be caused by the condition of the cracked bill.

Wanting to make sure the helmet checks out, I shot Andrew an email to see if he had any Nats helmets or caps in the past to give me a reference on a size range. Andrew did not, but he went to the trouble of contacting Dunn and the equipment guy for the Nats. Talk about a hook up, confirmed the size on the dot.

After winning the helmet, Andrew helped me get the helmet signed by Dunn. Not only did he manage to meet up with Dunn, he even had Dunn hold on to the helmet for a day where it was MLB authenticated for the autograph. Could not be more thrilled with how the helmet turned out, as it has been a great addition to my collection. I have had some up and down moments in the hobby recently, but wanted to thank Andrew for making a simple question about a size turn out to be a cherished game used pick up!
    Attached Files
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.
  • AutographAddiction
    • Aug 2010

Re: Thank You Andrew Lang

Very classy, what a hook-up!

Comment

• Lokee
      Banned
      • May 2008

Very well done.

Comment

• spartanservitto
        • May 2010

Man, too cool.

-Tony
        sigpic
        Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
        My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
        My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• brianborsch
          • Dec 2005

I too would also like to thank Andrew Lang. I inquired on an item (that I found he was previously interested in but passed due to a ridiculous asking price). After he found that the price was greatly reduced (even lower than his initial asking price when he was interested), he still stuck to his commitment to get me the bat I was looking for. He is truly a stand-up guy!

Andrew, thanks for all you do. You really help others on this forum and we all appreciate it. Thanks for being such a great person!

BB

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Awesome! Congrats! Andrew also help me finalize the authentication of an Alex Rodriguez Game Used Bat for me, where Arod actually signed the letter authenticating the bat and it's history. Without Andrew, it wouldn't have happened.

Again, congrats!
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• silkman22
              • Apr 2007

Andrew is a true gentleman and someone I consider a good friend. Some of the best items in my collection are courtesy of him and his connections. Andrew's knowledge of game used items is unquestioned and he is a true asset to this forum.

JP

Comment

• Neal
                • Jan 2010

Nice item and even nicer gesture!
                looking for Phillies GU bats

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Wonder how the helpmet got cracked? Hit by a ball? Threw the helmet down in anger? Would be interested to know.
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• AWA85
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by 3arod13
                    Wonder how the helpmet got cracked? Hit by a ball? Threw the helmet down in anger? Would be interested to know.
                    With it being cracked on both sides, I would have to believe it came during a little anger moment of some sort. I bought it initially thinking I could remove the tape and try and glue it together, but in person the tape is not as bad as I thought and may just not mess with it.
                    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Comment

• joelsabi
                      • Aug 2005

Congrats. Makes me wish Andrew was ARod's handler.
                      Regards,
                      Joel S.
                      joelsabi @ gmail.com
                      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• murfsteve25
                        • Oct 2008

Very nice! Sounds like Andrew went far out of his way. Nice job AL.
                        Always buying David Justice items

Comment

• Mattapan03
                          • Mar 2010

I have had communication with Andrew in the past and must say he's a great guy that will always go the extra mile to help if possible.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by AWA85
                            With it being cracked on both sides, I would have to believe it came during a little anger moment of some sort. I bought it initially thinking I could remove the tape and try and glue it together, but in person the tape is not as bad as I thought and may just not mess with it.
                            Adam - Thanks for the kind words and glad it turned out so great. What a great sig on a cool helmet.

As I thought of your helmet on the last days of the season, I decided to see if I could get Adam's helmet figuring he may not be back in 2011. In the past, I have had no luck except 1 other helmet as they reuse them unless they are damaged.

I ended up getting Adam's helmet and the use is great and I think it was used for 2009/2010. The buildup of gunk on the underside of the bill where he would take the helmet off was great. It measured also the exact same size as yours too!

The coolest part was that it was uncleaned on the outside in the same condition from the last home game which had been a rainy chilly day. Adam unfortunately struck out 4 times in the game and in one of his at-bats tossed his helmet in the muck. When it dried it left a nice splatter of dried on dirt on the front of the helmet. It kind of is like an unwashed jersey when the player slides head first and you get the jersey with dirt all over it.

So I have you to thank for getting me to think about the possibility of getting a helmet. I was also persistent enough to ask for 2 other players helmets for the great Silkman (J.P.) and SonnyJurgy9 (Joe G.). Joe and J.P. litterally have been waiting years for batting helmets so lots of people have smiles today thanks to you Adam A.!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-10-05 14 32 32-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	664761

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-10-05 14 32 51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	664762
                            Regards,
                            Andrew Lang
                            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                            202-716-8500

Comment

• tigerdale
                              • Dec 2007

Adam, great helmet, great story!! Andrew...awesome job as usual. Every time I have delt w/ Andrew it has been a pleasure. He is a great guy. This is a perfect thread of two respected forum members working together & having great results.
                              always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                              Thank you, Dale
                              tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

Working...