PDA

View Full Version : Rangers go up 2-0 on Rays

xpress34
10-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Texas has Tampa Bay in a stranglehold after taking both games on the road at the Trop.

They could be celebrating their 1st Post Season Series win as early as Saturday afternoon in Arlington!

- Chris

Fnazxc0114
10-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Ill be there. If satufday dont work out ill be there sunday too. Hope it dont go past that.

camarokids
10-07-2010, 07:24 PM
The Rays look terrible.....

I think the Rays confidence level was way too high coming into the series????

The Rangers are giving them a spanking! :eek:

Fnazxc0114
10-07-2010, 07:54 PM
CJ wilson is one of the most underrated pitchers in the league. I wouldnt let colby lewis w-l full anybody either, he hasnt got crap for run support this year.

camarokids
10-07-2010, 08:01 PM
The Rays look terrible.....

Good pitching will do that to a team.....

I also think the TBR under estimated the Rangers too...

Fnazxc0114
10-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Regardless of what happens the only pending contract is Lee. With the 3 billion dollar tv deal the rangers just signed hopefully they can convince him to stay. The team is realy stacked in the minors as well, top 3 system, and hopefully they will be good for a while.

Fnazxc0114
10-07-2010, 08:16 PM
wrong report on tv deal but greenberg has deep pockets

legaleagle92481
10-08-2010, 10:50 AM
The Rays cannot hit. They struck out way too much all year and except Crawford all had low .bas. Plus they were no hit twice after having had a perfect game tossed at them in 09, with virtually the same lineup. When a lineup like that runs into good pitching this is what happens.

camarokids
10-08-2010, 11:08 AM
The Rays cannot hit.

In 2008, all year long, they kept getting clutch hits when they needed them.

The Rangers have just shut them down....

I am not sure what their problem is, besides not hitting????

They appear to be mentally out of the series???

LastingsMilledge85
10-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Dioner Navarro put the hex on them after not making the team.

http://dave-andriesen.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/25083501

camarokids
10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Navarro takes his mitt and goes home

Posted on: October 7, 2010 10:07 am
Edited on: October 7, 2010 10:26 am

Score: 150
Log-in to rate: (http://dave-andriesen.blogs.cbssports.com/login?master_product=2580&xurl=%2Fmcc%2Fauthors%2Fnew-author%3Fxurl%3D%2Fmcc%2Fblogs%2Fentry%2F22297882% 2F25083501)

Log-in to rate: (http://dave-andriesen.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/25083501#)
Log-in to rate: (http://dave-andriesen.blogs.cbssports.com/login?master_product=2580&xurl=%2Fmcc%2Fauthors%2Fnew-author%3Fxurl%3D%2Fmcc%2Fblogs%2Fentry%2F22297882% 2F25083501)

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/baseball/mlb/players/60x80/387245.jpg
In a serious case of sour grapes, Tampa Bay catcher Dioner Navarro went home against the team's wishes after being told he wasn't going to be on the roster for the first round of the playoffs, according to the St. Petersburg Times. (http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/tampa-bay-rays-catcher-dioner-navarro-leaves-team-after-not-making-playoff/1126545) The Rays (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/TB) wanted Navarro to stay with the team and work out in case he's needed due to injury. Five other players not on the roster are with the team.

Navarro, an All-Star just two years ago, already appeared to be on the outs with the Rays after batting just .194 and spending much of the season at Triple-A. The Rays appear to be set at catcher with John Jaso (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1392901) and Kelly Shoppach (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/484146).

But even if his Tampa Bay tenure is over, he wants to go out on that note rather than experience the playoffs with his teammates? Weak.

-- David Andriesen

Thanks for the link....

What a great team player Navarro is being!!! :rolleyes:

camarokids
10-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Rays have found their bats again. Leading 5 to 1 in the sixth inning of Game 4.

Barring a Rangers come back...

Looks like Cliff Lee will be pitching Game 5!

Sorry Ranger Fans.....

sportscrazy13
10-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Series tied 2-2

Good to see Longo get his bat going

Hamilton has almost been nonexistent

legaleagle92481
10-10-2010, 04:59 PM
wow what a series. this and the yanks series shows how much home field matters. Lee-Price will be a sweet game 5.

Fnazxc0114
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
It ought to be good. Lee vs Price. I dont like our odds beating price twice, but Lee has been great in the post season.

Fnazxc0114
10-10-2010, 10:38 PM
anybody else think the tbs dbags are a little biased?

camarokids
10-11-2010, 08:54 AM
anybody else think the tbs dbags are a little biased?

For which team?

I hate when the announcers show favoritism towards one team......

I just wish the umpires would get their act together and quit screwing up calls.

Like the stolen base in Game 1 of the Braves @ Giants. He was clearly out but went on to the score the only run of the game. Braves lost 1- 0.

Fnazxc0114
10-11-2010, 12:44 PM
they have the typical east coast bias. The rays need to change their name to the tampons because there a bunch of crybabies. The announcer never pass up a chance to bash the rangers, and praise the rays. None of the missed calls have effected the outcome of any of our games thankfully

camarokids
10-11-2010, 12:52 PM
they have the typical east coast bias. The rays need to change their name to the tampons because there a bunch of crybabies.

I agree with you there..... They seem to whine about every called strike or close play.....:o That almost makes me wish they would lose.....Nothing to be proud of....

The announcer never pass up a chance to bash the rangers, and praise the rays. None of the missed calls have effected the outcome of any of our games thankfully

If I were playing on the Rays, I would be quite worried about Game 5 facing Mr. Lee.....

If the Rangers start to hit again, it will be a long flight home for the Rays....

Fnazxc0114
10-11-2010, 01:35 PM
The were also mocking our fans which didnt sit well. Home Lee's first pitch sets a tone in somebody's ear on tuesday. I was at both games and it was a blast. Hope the bats come alive. Either way its going to be one heck of game i bet.

Fnazxc0114
10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Something to think about too the rangers have never won a home playoff game. Im nervous for tomorrow's game but it ought to be a duel.

sox83cubs84
10-11-2010, 03:42 PM
One game, one advances, one goes home to play golf....gotta love it!

Dave Miedema

cubbs1232
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
they have the typical east coast bias. The rays need to change their name to the tampons because there a bunch of crybabies. The announcer never pass up a chance to bash the rangers, and praise the rays. None of the missed calls have effected the outcome of any of our games thankfully
Im pretty sure that in all of game 1 and 2 what was talked about was how Josh Hamilton is the best of all time blah blah blah, its cause they were winning. Now that the Rays are winning of course they are going to be talking about them.

As far as the bad calls go pretty sure they are in favor of the Rangers.. joyce being called out at 2nd, dbags non called checked swing which he clearly swung at, wouldve been the end of the inning only to hit a 3 run hr. and penas hbp in the 1st of game 1.

if you want to talk about "crybabies" talk about your team crying about the shawdows at your home field, theyve played there all year youd think theyd be use to them.

Lets face it the announcers and umps in all of the games have blown. Theyve sucked and its a shame cause for the most part they have been good series.

Fnazxc0114
10-11-2010, 04:31 PM
How many of those blown calls have effected the outcome of the game? As far as the shadows hamilton has batted 180 in day games this year whil batting around 360 in night games. We dont play many day cames in texas for one reason and its not the shadows.

cubbs1232
10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
How many of those blown calls have effected the outcome of the game? As far as the shadows hamilton has batted 180 in day games this year whil batting around 360 in night games. We dont play many day cames in texas for one reason and its not the shadows.
well the pena call affected greatly, the bases were loaded with 1 out so it wouldve walked in a run.
we all know pena cant hit so anyway to get him on base without having to swing the bat is a plus:D

Fnazxc0114
10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
true on pena. He's been light out this series. In a best of 5 series or even 7 stats from the first 162 dont matter. I cant wait for the game tomorrow night. As a rangers fan ive been waiting for this for a long time. Its hard being a fan of a team thats never won a playoff series much less a playoff game at home. Its been realy tempting to jump on some other bandwagon over the last few years but ive stayed strong

cubbs1232
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
should be a good one however just heard the Rays lineup, shoppach over jaso, come on maddon quit over thinking everything. hopefully they make me eat these words but either way lets hope who ever wins beats the heck out of the evil empire. Go Rays!!!

sox83cubs84
10-12-2010, 05:23 PM
should be a good one however just heard the Rays lineup, shoppach over jaso, come on maddon quit over thinking everything. hopefully they make me eat these words but either way lets hope who ever wins beats the heck out of the evil empire. Go Rays!!!

+1

Dave Miedema

Fnazxc0114
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Wonder how many rays tickets had to be given away for this game.

kylehess10
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Why are the Rangers celebrating with soda??? I've never seen that

Fnazxc0114
10-12-2010, 10:14 PM
I might be about to go streaking the quad. Go Rangers. Bet shields feel like a punk after mocking the fans. The tbs guys still killed me but we won. Bring on the yankees.

Fnazxc0114
10-12-2010, 10:15 PM
team decision so one of their key players could participate, or the team may be cheap.

camarokids
10-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I bet it is because of Hamilton, so he doesn't jump off the wagon and start drinking again.

Or is it, jump on the wagon????

Congrats to Rangers! I hope they can beat the Spankees.....

I am disappointed how the Rays went down without a fight in the ninth inning.....:mad:

xpress34
10-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Congrats Rangers and Cliff Lee - MR POST SEASON!!!

I saw how quickly the Rays fans jumped back OFF the band wagon - did you see all the seats emptying out in the 8th inning?!?!?

Before the bottom off the 9th, TBS showed an aerial shot above the front gate and with the size of the crowd leaving the stadium, you would have thought the game had ended already.

Leaving a game early is bad enough, but leaving on your team during a Post Season Game? And one that could move you to the next round? Unforgivable.

Price looked like he was going to cry at the end there as Lee showed him how it's done.

Go Rangers!!! Take it to the Skanks and then let Lee do his magic to his old team in the WS!

Fnazxc0114
10-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Looks like they broke out the booze. When they clinched the Al west. Hamilton didnt go in the clubhouse and instead changed in another room. Bengie stole a base tonight. After that i had a good feeling.

Fnazxc0114
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Also good to see guys like elvis who is 22 and nelson cruz who cleared waivers two seasons ago step up on a national stage.

LastingsMilledge85
10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm just really happy for Jeff Francoeur, he really is a class act.

Fnazxc0114
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Lord knows he never would have gotten here with the mets.

chakes89
10-13-2010, 12:14 AM
Go Rangers!

LastingsMilledge85
10-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Lord knows he never would have gotten here with the mets.

Nope...Jeff knows :D

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 02:12 AM
he does seem like a pretty good guy. I havent been this excited in a long time. Best part about the rangers is they are still young and dont realy have many free agents for the next two seasons. Unless of cours you count lee who is the biggest reason we won the series. He's gonna get paid.

LastingsMilledge85
10-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Lee will get paid, but by who? Texas does stand a legit chance to maintain him, but boy the Phillies this year could of had him and Halladay. For the Rays, I think this was their chance and blew it and the upcoming years they may not be as fortunate, especially if they lose Crawford via free agency.

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
milledge you dont know what your talking about by saying the rangers dont have a chance. Care to tell us why? The rangers just signed a big tv deal and there are backers behind nolan and greenberg that have billions of dollars. Im not worried about the rangers resigning lee.

suave1477
10-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Fnazxc0114 I have to agree with Milledge on the part Texas getting him. Texas doesn't stand a chance keeping him. There is a little old team i the North East that in the off season is going out huntin fo wabbits lol Called the Yankees.

You better believe Yankees are going after him and will get him.

Reminds me of a story from long ago of a Gentleman by the name of Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez and how his bat was mighty and the Yankees couldn't afford to not grab him.

Same is gonna happen this year

By the way it was reported that they celebrated with Soda for Hamiltion to be able to join in on the fun.

LastingsMilledge85
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
milledge you dont know what your talking about by saying the rangers dont have a chance. Care to tell us why? The rangers just signed a big tv deal and there are backers behind nolan and greenberg that have billions of dollars. Im not worried about the rangers resigning lee.

Fnazxc0114, Please READ what I said again and CAREFULLY this time.

sox83cubs84
10-13-2010, 03:58 PM
A couple of notes about last night's Rangers victory (Go, Texas!):

**This was the first time ever in a DS, CS, or WS that no wins were registered by home teams.

**There have been 7 occasions in postseason history where a pitcher has left or completed the game with 10 or more K's and no walks. Counting last night, Cliff Lee owns 4 of the 7.

Dave Miedema

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Suave i guess i heard a diff't story than you did. Dit the yankees sign aroids in free agency or did they get him via trade? For some reason i dont seem to recall which it was. The rangers have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, with a lot of money to spare. Odds are he goes to the yankees but i wouldnt hold my breath on that one.

Fnazxc0114 I have to agree with Milledge on the part Texas getting him. Texas doesn't stand a chance keeping him. There is a little old team i the North East that in the off season is going out huntin fo wabbits lol Called the Yankees.

You better believe Yankees are going after him and will get him.

Reminds me of a story from long ago of a Gentleman by the name of Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez and how his bat was mighty and the Yankees couldn't afford to not grab him.

Same is gonna happen this year

By the way it was reported that they celebrated with Soda for Hamiltion to be able to join in on the fun.

xpress34
10-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Suave i guess i heard a diff't story than you did. Dit the yankees sign aroids in free agency or did they get him via trade? For some reason i dont seem to recall which it was. The rangers have one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, with a lot of money to spare. Odds are he goes to the yankees but i wouldnt hold my breath on that one.

Fnazxc -

A$$Rod (the juicer/cheater/ add your adjective here) bolted from Texas while still under contract with the team.

When it was 1st announced that the Rangers were considering trading him to the Red Sox, A-Rod 'swore' he wanted to honor his contract and finish the deal here in Texas and he didn't want to go to Bean Town because (his words) 'he didn't want to change positions' (i.e. go to 3rd) since they had their own slick fielding Short Stop named Nomar Garciaparra at the time. Then 'uncle Bud' came in and because of the $$$ amount negated any discussions saying that MLB would not allow a trade/$$$ of that magnitude to take place.

Funny how not a week later 'Boss George' came knocking - same $$$ considerations - and 'Uncle Bud' had NO issue with a deal to make NYY stronger... and all of a sudden A-Rod was anxious to change positions for his 'buddy' Derek Jeter.

The real 'let's rub salt in the wound' to both the Rangers and their fans? After A$$Rod had sworn his loyalty to the Rangers, they named him the Captain of the Rangers - the FIRST and ONLY time the Rangers had EVER bestowed that honor on any player. Didn't matter to A$$Rod once the Yanks came knocking and flashing their cash - even though his contract didn't change - they wooed him with all of the EXTRA $$$ he could make on endorsements contracts while playing in the biggest market. At that point , he couldn't wait to break his contract and bolt.

That was the 1st time I really saw him show his true colors - its all about him, not any team - including the Yankees - and I've disliked him ever since.

I guarantee you, he wanted to win a WS - not for the Yankees organization, but for his own selfish reasons so the fans would get off of his back and he can ask for even more money on his next contract.

Look at the things he has done since going to NY - ruined his marriage sleeping around, busted on the Juice scandal, alienated his friendship with Jeter... and if that wasn't enough to show how it's all about him, how about him and his jerk (now former) agent BoreA$$ deciding that the Rockies/Boston World Series wasn't important enough or sacred enough of an event that they had to announce his new contract during Game 4 of the 2007 WS.

A$$Rod is exactly that - a greedy jackass who is self involved and I would love nothing more than to see the Rangers exact their revenge on him.

As far as Texieria, I have no ill-will to him - although he was jerk at Spring Training his Rookie Year to the fans - but he didn't give up on the Rangers, they gave up on him.

I would like to think that Cliff Lee is a better person than all the drama I wrote about above, but his friendship with CC could be (as Reggie once said) 'The Straw that Stirs the Drink' and could weigh heavier than any $$$ considerations.

My .02

- Chris

xpress34
10-13-2010, 07:01 PM

PS -

Also, Cliff Lee is a FREE AGENT and can do whatever he wants. He has no obligation to the Rangers (Contract, Captaincy, etc) unlike A$$Rod who at the time hadn't even finished 1/2 of his 10 year deal.

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Im aware lee is a free agent, and im also aware that the new ownership has a lot deaper pockets than Hicks ever did. The rangers will make a good run at lee. As far as tex that was the best trade in the history of the texas rangers. Tex was a leach in the clubhouse and the rest of the team was glad to see him go. YOu dont usually hear a teamate go on public radio after a trade and talk about how they are glad that a player got traded. That tex trade set the course for the rangers team we see today. Even if lee bolts to the yankees id cheer for him when he comes to town next year for what he did for us here in Texass this year. Did the rangers not get any compensation for Aroids? The yankees never signed aroids when he was a free agent unless of course you count when he opted out of his contract. Also getting rid of aroids was another great move in rangers history.

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 07:21 PM
i guess you guys forgot about soriano playing for the rangers for a while. Im glad hes gone too. Joaquin Arias was the second part of the trade deal and didnt realy pan out due to a shoulder injury.

xpress34
10-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Fnazxc -

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Texeiria fan - just saying he didn't try to bolt like A$$Rod.

Yeah, woohoo - we got SOREiano as compensation in the A$$Rod deal... and then he bitched just like A$$Rod about not wanting to change positions and you got to see the true class of Michael Young...

Moved to 2nd for A$$Rod when he came to Texas - moved BACK to SS for SOREiano when he came to Texas - and (after some bitching and moaning) moved to 3rd for Andrus to come up.

How many other players have moved across the Left side of the infield as many times as Young has for the Rangers to accommodate other players - two of which are Prima Donas (the two NOT named Andrus).

And I know the Rangers have deep pockets, and I would root for Lee if he left - just like I still root for Big Puma (Berkman) even though I hate that he's now a Yankee! He's from my birthplace - Waco, TX - and we've had some nice conversations when he's been here in Denver with the Astros.

- Chris

xpress34
10-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Im aware lee is a free agent, and im also aware that the new ownership has a lot deaper pockets than Hicks ever did. Also getting rid of aroids was another great move in rangers history.

PS -

I wasn't saying you weren't aware that Lee is a Free Agent - just making the distinction after my diatribe on A$$Rod.

And looking back, I agree getting rid of A$$Rod was a great move - just needed to vent my frustration with what happened at the time and how even MLB gives the Skankees whatever they want.

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Either way the rangers are a better team now than they were with tex and aroids. We could have used a first baseman this year but tex wasnt a team player and only cared about himself so he would have been an outcast in the rangers dugout. Id bet money if nobody is on base when tex comes up CJ wilson will plunk him again like he did earlier in the year. Pretty sure he did it twice in the same game.