PDA

View Full Version : Any Ryan Zimmerman experts?

Crash1207
10-07-2010, 05:20 PM
I recently came into possession of a Zimmerman bat and I have a question about it. It is a LVS C353 from this season and has what I consider to be good Zimmerman traits.

My question is about the knob. On most Zimm bats I've seen, he writes the 11 on the center of the knob. On this bat the center looks like it has been marked out and the 11 is on the perimeter.

Has anyone seen this before? I don't know if the different marking signifies a BP bat or what. I'll get a picture up soon.

Crash1207
10-07-2010, 05:57 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/Crash1207/2010-10-07172722.jpg

lakeerie92
10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
The numbers written on the knob it appears are done by someone with the team and not with the players. I say this because the handwriting I have seen seems to match up with most of the team bats. I recently picked up two Nationals players bats from Andrew Lang. One Zimmerman and one Morse. Both are C353 and the numbers written on the knob in the same handwriting. As far as your bat it looks as if 44 was written and scribbled out which would be Adam Dunn who also uses a C353. It might have been a case of simply writing the wrong number after so many bats and scribbling it out. That is just the best information I can offer. I am no expert on the bat use characteristics of any of the mentioned players, hopefully someone can help you out a little more with that.

allstarsplus
10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
The numbers written on the knob it appears are done by someone with the team and not with the players. I say this because the handwriting I have seen seems to match up with most of the team bats. I recently picked up two Nationals players bats from Andrew Lang. One Zimmerman and one Morse. Both are C353 and the numbers written on the knob in the same handwriting. As far as your bat it looks as if 44 was written and scribbled out which would be Adam Dunn who also uses a C353. It might have been a case of simply writing the wrong number after so many bats and scribbling it out. That is just the best information I can offer. I am no expert on the bat use characteristics of any of the mentioned players, hopefully someone can help you out a little more with that.

Lakeerie is exactly right on the 44 that was written there which is Adam Dunn's jersey #. Of all the Zim bats I received this year I only got 1 of those bats with that marking, and I still have it. If you post other photos, I can give you a quick opinion. I also saw Ian Desmond's bats had the same marking.

I probably should have asked the story but it could possibly have been part of Dunn and Zim's superstition and not a mistake.

The other problem is Zim and Dunn both used an orangey/pink Mota stick for most of the season and last year Zim was using Dunn's bats regularly from the end of July 2009 to end of the 2009 season. After the All Star game this year, Zim became exclusive with LVS and got his first signature model.

allstarsplus
10-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Lakeerie is exactly right on the 44 that was written there which is Adam Dunn's jersey #. Of all the Zim bats I received this year I only got 1 of those bats with that marking, and I still have it. If you post other photos, I can give you a quick opinion. I also saw Ian Desmond's bats had the same marking.

I probably should have asked the story but it could possibly have been part of Dunn and Zim's superstition and not a mistake.

The other problem is Zim and Dunn both used an orangey/pink Mota stick for most of the season and last year Zim was using Dunn's bats regularly from the end of July 2009 to end of the 2009 season. After the All Star game this year, Zim became exclusive with LVS and got his first signature model.

Here are a bunch of photos (2 of the bats were game issued bats of his new LVS signature model)

Crash1207
10-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys...that's really what I was thinking and glad to have someone help relieve my fears.

The bat isn't the signature model but it does have the orange-ish mota on it and looks very much like the ones that Andrew has. I'll try to get a few pics up here to give you guys a better look.

I'm really geeked about the pickup. I've been a quiet Zimm follower for awhile and just decided recently to start trying to pick up some items.