PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady's jersey worn Monday Night against the Dolphins

WHAlers
10-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I noticed something interesting about Tom Brady’s white Patriots jersey that he was wearing on Monday Night 10/04/10 against the Miami Dolphins.

While reviewing some photos from the game I came across this photo of Brady running off of the field at the end of the game and I noticed that there is what I would consider a very obvious indication that the 2009 Patriots 50 seasons patch had been removed from the upper left front area of the jersey. The outline of the patch removal is clearly visible. I thought it was interesting that the Patriots would recycle Brady’s jersey from the previous season. I have attached three photos for review; one of Brady wearing his white jersey during the 2009 season with the patch and two others showing the photo that I have described. I would be interested to hear thoughts on this.

beantown
10-07-2010, 10:33 PM
WHAlers....nice catch!

I agree 100% that he is wearing an '09 jersey with the patch removed...

lakeerie92
10-07-2010, 10:42 PM
It looks as if the Patriots logo under the NFL shield goes across the seam on the two fabrics where the one on the 2009 jersey doesn't. The same issue that was brought up on the Tom Brady jersey in the NFL Auctions post. This doesn't mean it was a 2009 jersey with the patch removed, it just means it was not that 2009 jersey pictured.

WHAlers
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
It looks as if the Patriots logo under the NFL shield goes across the seam on the two fabrics where the one on the 2009 jersey doesn't. The same issue that was brought up on the Tom Brady jersey in the NFL Auctions post. This doesn't mean it was a 2009 jersey with the patch removed, it just means it was not that 2009 jersey pictured.

By posting the photo of the 2009 jersey with the patch I never stated that it was the same jersey which Brady was wearing with the patch removed. I only included that photo as a reference point for the patch size, shape and placement on the jersey.

MichaelofSF
10-07-2010, 11:52 PM
I noticed the same thing, but didn't notice during the game. His post game on field interview at the begining of Sportscenter right after clearly showed it. I thought it was pretty interesting that Brady would be wearing an older jersey. Good catch

solarlottry
10-08-2010, 01:25 AM
i noticed the same thing during the game and my wife thought i was nuts when i pointed it out to her. She said "who cares"! What is interesting is that i have a 1997 game used photomatched Steve Young home shirt which was worn in the first game of the season as an away shirt. They played the Bucs and the Bucs wore their white shirts so the Niners wore their home reds as an away shirt for that game. The Young shirt i have has the outline remains of the 50th Ann. patch that was used the year before so i guess many teams are recycling superstar jerseys even today.

Mulligans
10-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Whalers....You have a very Keen eye!

Lets just say that I heard this from an "Extremely Reliable Source".....The 2009 White Jersey is one of Tom's favorite Jerseys. Just before the game, the patch was removed with a razor blade.

This game was to be Tom's 100th win where he would set a new record becoming the quickest QB to reach 100 wins. He would pass his hero Joe Montana on the list. The Jersey is now being readied for display in the Patriots Hall of Fame.

legaleagle92481
10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
An interesting thing is alot of players (even the big names) seem to wear prior year's jerseys. The Sanchez on NFL Auctions is an 09 as just one example.

legaleagle92481
10-19-2010, 09:29 PM
I saw something crazier on JO's site today. They have a Ryan Clady jersey tagged 2005 that apparently was recycled! Imagine an all pro wearing a recycled jersey. How cheap can Denver be?

LWMM
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
I saw something crazier on JO's site today. They have a Ryan Clady jersey tagged 2005 that apparently was recycled! Imagine an all pro wearing a recycled jersey. How cheap can Denver be?

If I were an equipment manager, and assuming that my job did not involve attempts to ensure the collectibility of equipment, I would have no problem recycling an old jersey, even with the money to purchase new ones instead. Other than collectors, who cares if a super-star rather than a scrub wears a recycled jersey?

legaleagle92481
10-20-2010, 09:43 AM
If I were an equipment manager, and assuming that my job did not involve attempts to ensure the collectibility of equipment, I would have no problem recycling an old jersey, even with the money to purchase new ones instead. Other than collectors, who cares if a super-star rather than a scrub wears a recycled jersey?

Isn't it alot of work though? Clady was not in the NFL in 2005 so it was not his jersey originally and the NOB had to be changed and it had to be otherwise customized for him.