PDA

View Full Version : Joe Pactwa LS bat

Haylo
10-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Hello,
I just picked up a signature LS bat of Joe Pactwa, this bat looks to be a 1980-83 model C243L. The thing that I'm puzzled by is on the knob there is an stamped "R", the "R" is larger the an R that would be on an H&B. There is also a stamped "P" on the top end of the barrel. I think Joe was playing in the Mexican leagues by the time this bat was made, he could also have been done with playing. I'm thinking this might be a replacement bat, maybe made after he was done playing and he wanted his model bat?? He played in Bigs in 1975, Let me know what you think? I'm guess that you might not have bat records on this guy..

Thx
Aaron

BMH
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
The "R" on the knob if it is stamped is for reject. That is how we did them before I had the guys destroy them.

Haylo
10-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the news, why would a bat be rejected? Also, There is a "P" on the top of the barrel, what does that mean?

Does Joe Pactwa have bat records?

Thx

BMH
10-18-2010, 09:31 PM
They could be extras or have a slight defect; it's hard to say without seeing the bat. The only orders I have for him were from 1985-1990. All were for the C243L.