PDA

View Full Version : Huh? Same Urlacher jersey on Ebay being sold at same time??

nickacs
10-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Not sure what's going on here, but two different Ebay ID's selling the same exact Brian Urlacher '08 "game used" jersey???

Ebay ID: pbhk08[/URL]
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brian-Urlacher-Autographed-Game-Used-Jersey-Bears-MM-/300475748606?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f5c010fe (http://myworld.ebay.com/pbhk08/)

Ebay ID: fogdog
[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/Bears-Brian-Urlacher-Game-Used-Autographed-Jersey-/330482795896?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4cf24f4578

Looks like two companies selling them Fogdog Sports & ProAutograph MFG Pros.
Seems to me I've seen this jersey posted on this forum too sometime in the last year or so, no??? Hmmm..

Any insight would be appreciated.. Was interested, but now maybe turn my sights to the one currently in NFL Auctions :)

legaleagle92481
10-15-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't think its the same jersey. The companies don't appear to be affliated as they are in different regions of the Country and the prices are very different.

yankees506
10-15-2010, 01:22 PM
The jerseys pictured are the same, dont know what this is

nickacs
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't think its the same jersey. The companies don't appear to be affliated as they are in different regions of the Country and the prices are very different.

To me it is.. The signature and "game used" inscription is in the exact same spot, same writing style and the same single loose orange thread in the middle triangle of the "4" on the back.

The 2nd link above is has ended, but the seller re-posted it again on Ebay..

Eh, I'm going to pass on either/both.. Too much mystery behind 2 companies selling the exact same jersey.. And putting the GU inscription is suspect too..

Off to NFL BCA auction for a real one! :)

Dach0sen0ne
10-15-2010, 02:07 PM
http://www.mountedmemories.com/Brian-Urlacher-Chicago-Bears-Autographed-Game-Used-Reebok-Jersey-with-GU-08-Inscription-_1814156626_PD.html

Looks like they're just using a stock photo, not sure how many 2008 GU Urlacher Jerseys Mounted Memories got their hands on.

TriplexXxSports
10-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Mounted Memories offers various businesses a partnership (so to speak) where they join up with MM to sell their products. There's a specific name for this type of relationship, but for the life of me I cannot remember.

Anyway. They are the same jersey. MM is in possession of it and various sellers are allowed to advertise it. Whoever sells it pays MM their %, and retains the profit after MM is paid off. Hence, the varied prices.

TriplexXxSports
10-15-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.mountedmemories.com/Brian-Urlacher-Chicago-Bears-Autographed-Game-Used-Reebok-Jersey-with-GU-08-Inscription-_1814156626_PD.html

Looks like they're just using a stock photo, not sure how many 2008 GU Urlacher Jerseys Mounted Memories got their hands on.

Mounted received 2 blue 2008 jerseys. 1 had the "C" patch (vs. Minn. inscription) and has been sold. Then this one, that just has the GU 2008 inscription and the "C" patch removed.

trsent
10-16-2010, 01:53 AM
To me it is.. The signature and "game used" inscription is in the exact same spot, same writing style and the same single loose orange thread in the middle triangle of the "4" on the back.

The 2nd link above is has ended, but the seller re-posted it again on Ebay..

Eh, I'm going to pass on either/both.. Too much mystery behind 2 companies selling the exact same jersey.. And putting the GU inscription is suspect too..

Off to NFL BCA auction for a real one! :)

I don't think anyone has any proof there is an issue with the Game Used inscription on this jersey even though it is silly that the same thing is advertised in multiple places.

Brian has signed game used item with inscriptions for years and unless you have proof to state the inscription is suspect, I wouldn't say your comment is very fair. Mounted Memories did have an autograph exclusive during this era for Brian Urlacher, so maybe your assumptions are incorrect.

If you are looking for a nice Urlacher jersey, I'm I could try find you one if you contacted me at the email below.

TriplexXxSports
10-16-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't think anyone has any proof there is an issue with the Game Used inscription on this jersey even though it is silly that the same thing is advertised in multiple places.

Brian has signed game used item with inscriptions for years and unless you have proof to state the inscription is suspect, I wouldn't say your comment is very fair. Mounted Memories did have an autograph exclusive during this era for Brian Urlacher, so maybe your assumptions are incorrect.

If you are looking for a nice Urlacher jersey, I'm I could try find you one if you contacted me at the email below.

Yeah, no doubt the sig/inscription are 100% legit. I spoke with Becky B. at Mounted Memories back before the Sports Convention at the Donald Stevens Center in Nov. of 2008. She said that Brian would be signing stuff for them beforehand. I'm sure these jerseys were 2 of the items.

I will bet my entire collection on the fact that the sig/inscription are good.

nickacs
10-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks Joel/Matt for the info.. I only called the inscription "suspect" since I've seen myself (as well as others posting on this forum) people adding "GU" inscriptions themselves and not from the player.
I thought I saw this same jersey discussed on this forum a while back, but could be wrong.

Makes sense now about the multiple postings!

Thanks for the info guys :)