Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjosefy
    • Nov 2005

Craig Biggio Game Used 2006 Astros Road Jersey ESM

FYI. Don't see Biggio shirts come up that often. Any comments?
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com
  • Swoboda4
    • Nov 2005

Re: Craig Biggio Game Used 2006 Astros Road Jersey ESM

Cjosefy-Use the "search" option above to research members comments on the company selling this jersey. I don't know enough about Biggio jerseys to comment but on other items I was familiar with, I wasn't comfortable bidding on them.

Comment

• Swoboda4
      • Nov 2005

Here's the specific thread:

Comment

• obeyone10
        • Nov 2005

What is up w/ Mears authenticating Elite's Game Used Jerseys? They sold a Red Ortiz 2005 Red Jersey on EBAY with NO team tagging with a LOA from MEARS. I have an email from ESM stating that the jersey,bat, and cleats came from a friend of Ortiz's and not from him. All of the Astros game used jerseys are kept by the team...this looks like a jersey that the player/team/equipment manager ordered through Majestic. I personally would not buy a gamer from the Astros unless it was signed off by a player or the team pro shop or the team themselves.
        Stay away from any Xbats with national flag stickers. I know for a fact and have photos of about 15 dozen unused/unsigned Xbats from about 40 different players. Bat manufacturers sell these game issued/modeled bats to these companies in thoughts they will be used just to be signed. Old Hickory and Crown bat have also sold game model bats to memorabilia companies. Honestly..how can you market a bat as game used w/ one blue mark and a couple streeks which are supposed to come from the bat rack and say that a bat is covered in pinetar when there is no evidence of pinetar/white powder resin????
        obeyone10@aol.com
        Bryan Oberle

Comment

• Eric
          • Jan 1970

Is this the Ortiz you're talking about?

Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• eGameUsed
            Banned
            • Jan 2006

I will chime in on the Biggio. I received an e-mail from Troy Kinunen on 6/29/2006 asking about a Biggio 2006 Road Jersey, Size 48. My immediate response was Biggio does not wear a 48 (he wears 46). The retail issued team tagging is correct; however, internal stitching of the number 7 is completely wrong. My reply to Mr. Kinunen (which I never got a reply from) was that the jersey was a "pro" jersey, but not made by the Astros. All Astros jerseys are made by the team in the clubhouse. Based on use characteristics of Biggio, there was no way the jersey was ever worn. My opinion of the jersey was that it was the incorrect size and was not by the team. At the National Convention, ESM had the jersey currently listed on eBay for $2000 that matched to the one Troy asked my opinion of.

Bryan is correct! The Astros do not distribute jerseys throughout the year. Players such as Lance Berkman and Morgan Ensberg have even requested there jerseys even as recently as this year, but were denied. I have obtained 95% of my jerseys from the Astros directly by means of charity auction or direct purchase. The other 5% have come from very well known dealers that got them from very good sources.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• davidjacobs
              Banned
              • Aug 2006

I Will First Say, I Am Not Affilated With Mears, Troy, Esm, Chris Boyd, Or Brian Oberle. I Will Say Second That Brian Oberle Should Look At Auctions Better Before Making Aquisations On Any Bats, Especially The Bat That Was Just Up On Ebay. That Bat Has A Manny Ramirez Hologram. That Bat Came Directly From His Foundation Last Year. That Is How They Were Sold. If A Bat Is Swung One Time In A Game Then It Is Game Used. It Does Not Have To Be Swung 400 Times To Be A Game Used Bat. For You To Say That The Bat Is Bad Is A Total Joke. I Did Some Research On Brian. He Is A Friend Of Josh Beckett, Now In The Memorbillia Business, I Guess A Company Named Platinum Or Something Like That. By The Way, Your Product Sucks, I Looked At Your Little Store, Could Not Find One Thing I Would Buy To Give To My Gardner. This Is Another Joke Of A Person Trying To Get Started In The Business Without A Pot To Piss In. Then You Have Chris Boyd, "who Thinks He Knows Everything In The World About Baseball Memorbillia" Claims He Works For The Astros. He Claims That He Knows More About Astros Product Than Anyone In The World. He Should Start His Own Authentication Company Also, Perhaps With Brian. Dont Waste Your Knowledge. Maybe Partner With Brian Oberle. Anyway Chris, I Happen To Get Items Direct From The Astros Clubhouse For The Past 18 Years. I Have Over 5 Million In My Collection. Everything I Buy Is Direct And Not Second Hand. I Did Research On You. The Clubhouse Knows Who You Are. They Cant Stand You, They Say You Are The Biggest Pest. One Could Ony Imagine. You Need To Get A Life As Well. Anyway, I Called The Clubbie Direct To His Cell Phone And Asked Him Who Made There Opening Day Batch Jerseys. They Came Direct From Majestic, Not From There Little Sewing Plant You State They Have Inhouse. Since You Work There Why Dont You Take A Picture And Share It With All Of Use Here At Gameuseduniverse We Would Love To See It. By The Way, Roger Clemens First Jerseys This Year Did Come From An Outsource Not Majestic. I Am Writing This Because These Guys Ruin The Industry And I Cant Stand Reading There Post's And How They Rip People All The Time.

Comment

• sarahsdad
                Banned
                • Aug 2006

DavidJAcobs:
                How do you really feel? Its not good to hold things in.

Comment

• eGameUsed
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

Interesting! I didn't know I worked for the Astros! I wish I did, but unfortunately I never have. If you call the Dennis Liborio, he might tell you who makes the jerseys. He knows the woman very well. In fact, I think they might see a lot of each other, since they are married. Tell the Astros next time you talk to them, that if I am a pest, they should tell their insiders to stop calling me when they have items to sell!

BTW, what is your private e-mail address and phone number? I post mine at the bottom of every post!

Thanks,

Comment

• thomecollector
                    • May 2006

I don't know about this ESM stuff. I've been watching his stuff lately. I think there's a shill bidder driving his stuff up. Here's an example... This ladarling has bid on just about every big item he's sold. Not winning even
                    one item. OOOPS ! They did win the Ortiz jersey, but haven't received feedback.......I bet that jersey will show up again. Any thoughts??
                    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                    thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• hblakewolf
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

David-
                      I'm not sure if you are new to the Forum, however, you mentioned that you contacted the Astros Clubbie.

I had a similar experience last year and made mention of it here on the Forum. In summary, Chris Boyd was selling quite a few Astors bats, claiming he had just picked them up directly from his "Astros contact". I too spoke with Astros equipment manager, Dennis Liborio and he told me that the bats Boyd was selling were just taken from the clubhouse up to their retail team store, and were for sale to the general public. When Boyd was then questioned about this, he admitted that he did indeed buy them from the team store, the same store that any individual could walk into and buy from. Some "Team Contact". If you care to search to old Forum site, you can read the entire thread (August, 2005)

FYI

Howard Wolf
                      hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Originally posted by davidjacobs
                      I Will First Say, I Am Not Affilated With Mears, Troy, Esm, Chris Boyd, Or Brian Oberle. I Will Say Second That Brian Oberle Should Look At Auctions Better Before Making Aquisations On Any Bats, Especially The Bat That Was Just Up On Ebay. That Bat Has A Manny Ramirez Hologram. That Bat Came Directly From His Foundation Last Year. That Is How They Were Sold. If A Bat Is Swung One Time In A Game Then It Is Game Used. It Does Not Have To Be Swung 400 Times To Be A Game Used Bat. For You To Say That The Bat Is Bad Is A Total Joke. I Did Some Research On Brian. He Is A Friend Of Josh Beckett, Now In The Memorbillia Business, I Guess A Company Named Platinum Or Something Like That. By The Way, Your Product Sucks, I Looked At Your Little Store, Could Not Find One Thing I Would Buy To Give To My Gardner. This Is Another Joke Of A Person Trying To Get Started In The Business Without A Pot To Piss In. Then You Have Chris Boyd, "who Thinks He Knows Everything In The World About Baseball Memorbillia" Claims He Works For The Astros. He Claims That He Knows More About Astros Product Than Anyone In The World. He Should Start His Own Authentication Company Also, Perhaps With Brian. Dont Waste Your Knowledge. Maybe Partner With Brian Oberle. Anyway Chris, I Happen To Get Items Direct From The Astros Clubhouse For The Past 18 Years. I Have Over 5 Million In My Collection. Everything I Buy Is Direct And Not Second Hand. I Did Research On You. The Clubhouse Knows Who You Are. They Cant Stand You, They Say You Are The Biggest Pest. One Could Ony Imagine. You Need To Get A Life As Well. Anyway, I Called The Clubbie Direct To His Cell Phone And Asked Him Who Made There Opening Day Batch Jerseys. They Came Direct From Majestic, Not From There Little Sewing Plant You State They Have Inhouse. Since You Work There Why Dont You Take A Picture And Share It With All Of Use Here At Gameuseduniverse We Would Love To See It. By The Way, Roger Clemens First Jerseys This Year Did Come From An Outsource Not Majestic. I Am Writing This Because These Guys Ruin The Industry And I Cant Stand Reading There Post's And How They Rip People All The Time.

Comment

• Eric
                        • Jan 1970

DavidJacobs

I sent you a private message. Please read it and then email me immediately at ecky3@aol.com

Thank you
                        Eric
                        Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• skinner16
                          • Aug 2006

There is no 06 used Biggio Jersey on the market. Period!

Comment

• astros*bats
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

Howard-

Can you go one week with out bringing up the same old crap about Chris Boyd on the Forum? We are all sick of hearing about it. What did he do to you now? The guy shares his opinion about about the Berkman All Star jersey you were selling and now you have a personal vendetta against him? It's always the same thing everytime I read one of your posts.

AJ

Comment

• sportscentury
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by skinner16
                              There is no 06 used Biggio Jersey on the market. Period!
                              Skinner,

How do you know this? (I'm not saying you're wrong ... I'm just curious as to how you can be sure of this).

Thanks,
                              Reid
                              Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...