PDA

View Full Version : Signing a Dark Red Indians Jersey

Danny899
10-12-2010, 10:56 PM
I have 2 red 1975 Indians jerseys. The first I had autographed with a silver sharpie and it barely showed up on the jersey. Can anyone suggest something else in silver? Is a paint pen any different? Thanks for everyone's help.

Dan

Fnazxc0114
10-13-2010, 02:13 AM
you thought about black? You plan on signing on the jersey itself? Any way you could do a dot test on some part of the interior of the jersey?

ironmanfan
10-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Have you thought about having just the white number on the back signed in black?

AWA85
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Silver paint pen is what I use for my Cincinnati Reds jerseys and my Nebraska Cornhusker jerseys that I have had signed.

Deco Color, Liquid Silver and I have always used "fine line" size. Haven't had a problem on bats, fielding gloves or jerseys.

dcgreg25
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Have you thought about having just the white number on the back signed in black?

I had a couple of my GU throwback red jerseys signed on the white number in black and they came out great.

jshortt
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I second AWA's suggestion. Deco Color paint pens are fantastic for autographs, and I nearly always have the player sign directly on the jersey fabric. If you know that the player has a lot of surface area to play with and will sign big, I would suggest the broad line pen (what I do). If not, the fine line is more like a Sharpie tip.

hth,
Josh