PDA

View Full Version : Mantle Bat

Copa
10-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I just won an auction for a Mantle bat...don't know much about it, but I thought for the price, the risk was low...as soon as I receive it, I'll post pics, but I'm hoping someone can identify what I've got by the characteristics...it's an H&B 125 Powerized...on the sweet spot, it says GENUINE, then has Mantle's facsimile autograph and has LOUISVILLE SLUGGER underneath it...finally, the knob has MM1 on it...once I get the bat in my hands, I'll give more details, but if you can give any insight through what I've provided, I would appreciate it!! Thanks!

Copa
10-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Oops! Wrong section...mods, please move this to the vintage memorabilia section. Thank you!

ironmanfan
10-14-2010, 11:33 PM
sounds like you bought a store model/retail bat...The MM1 inch marks on the knob is the giveaway....did you purchse it thinking it was possibly game used by Mantle or did you just want a Mantle model bat for display purposes?

Copa
10-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Here are some pics I pulled from the auction...sorry for the poor quality...I bought it thinking it was probably a store-bought, but wasn't sure, as I was unable to find any bats with similar characteristics.

ironmanfan
10-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Cool bat...the foil stamping on it is another indication that it is a store model.....Hope you didn't pay much more than $20-$25 for it.