PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan

jordanhigh69
10-15-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi all,
Just want to get opinions here.........Would a traveling Michael Jordan memorabilia exhibit, with things like his personal workout equipment(pictured in "Rare Air") and other one-of-a-kind pieces, interest anyone out there......If so, your thoughts about one. Thanks

Steve

legaleagle92481
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't think it would do well. The problem with stuff like that is finding people who are willing to pay to see it and the high cost of moving the stuff from place to place and renting places to exhibit. In New York City we had a Sports Musuem a couple of years ago and alot of really cool, historic stuff from many different legendary athletes was displayed there and it went belly up very fast. When it opened players even did free signings there and not small level guys either, T.O. appeared there once.

mariner_gamers
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
I would think China would be a fantastic place to take something like this. The US has been there and done that at such a high level for so long it is hard to find new things people will rush to. China on the other hand has millions of folks with new found wealth in their pockets wanting to gain status. I think it would be a great way to move Jordan products to people looking to blow coin. If you have a nice enough collection and the right sales pitch you never know who might back your play.

jordanhigh69
11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi all,
Does anybody have a link or pic of Jordan being interviewed wearing a red Bulls emblem baseball-type hat with his sig embroidered on it? I saw a video clip on some show, that I can't remember, from a while back(like 80's) and he was wearing a hat as I have described. I think it was a CBS Sports interview or news conference, like after a game????? I would like to find that clip or a pic of him wearing this hat! Thanks

Oh, also, how many of you attend the "National" sports collector's conventions?

Steve