PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse Chiefs Yard Sale Today Oct. 16th

Chris78
10-16-2010, 03:43 PM
I attended the Syracuse Chiefs Yard Sale today and it was a pretty good experience. They had game used cracked bats for $10, game used hats for $5, Lineup Cards for $5, some very over-priced game used jerseys, cleats that were $20, some stadium signs for $15, game used balls for $2, along with some other items.

Being that I am in the Ironpigs territory, it was a drive for me to go up there so I made it a two-day experience. I attended the Binghamton Senators hockey game last night against the Hershey Bears and actually received me first "practice" used puck that was given to me by a younger person that works for the B-Sens before the game started and after the players just skated off the ice. That was kinda neat. Then I drove after the game and stayed overnight near Syracuse (the room cost too much) so I could attend the sale. I was about 15th in line when I got there at 9:00am so I figured I would get some stuff. I did buy a decent number of game used hats including a Wilson Ramos gray hat, two cracked bats of Brandon Watson (former Ironpig) and a signed Robinson Diaz for $10 each, and some of the team sets including the 2010 Team set that has Strasburg in it. I only have ever been to see the Syracuse Chiefs at home once before, and that was in 2005 I believe. For people that read this board, it would be worth going there each year if you lived close or made a trip out of it. I would have attended the Syracuse Crunch tonight, but I wanted to watch the Phillies tonight instead.

Anyone else ever attend this?

Chris

eisenreich8
10-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Not particularly relevant to your exact thread intent, I have found through browsing today that a bunch on MiLB are selling off jerseys, and today I peeled off over a grand on "over-priced" indeed MiLB jerseys directly from several teams. Mud Hens, Hawks, Blue Rocks, Spinners, Scrappers, Raptors, Sea Wolves and numerous others!

Now's the time! Iron Pigs sold some killer jerseys last year and I furnished one for GUU pal Matt; still looking for more great MiLB material

allstarsplus
10-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Chris, did they have any Strasburg or Danny Espinosa game used items? Good pickup on the Wilson Ramos! thanks

Chris78
10-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Chris, did they have any Strasburg or Danny Espinosa game used items? Good pickup on the Wilson Ramos! thanks
I did not see hats with #37 or #7 on them, but I can't say for sure. I am pretty sure that the Strasburg items were auctioned off before and I would assume his hats were involved with this.

Some of the other hats I could identify that I obtained would be from #39 Shairon Martis (2), #33 Matt Chico (2), #8 Jerry Browne (1), and #54 Greg Booker (1) which has "Book" in it. Some of the other hats just have a number inside. The Ramos hat has "Ramos" in it and #40 has well, which was his number.

allstarsplus
10-17-2010, 08:37 AM
I did not see hats with #37 or #7 on them, but I can't say for sure. I am pretty sure that the Strasburg items were auctioned off before and I would assume his hats were involved with this.

Some of the other hats I could identify that I obtained would be from #39 Shairon Martis (2), #33 Matt Chico (2), #8 Jerry Browne (1), and #54 Greg Booker (1) which has "Book" in it. Some of the other hats just have a number inside. The Ramos hat has "Ramos" in it and #40 has well, which was his number.

Nice pickup on the Ramos as he will be a very good catcher one day and gets to play and learn with the best in the game (Pudge Rodriguez).

Chris78
10-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Nice pickup on the Ramos as he will be a very good catcher one day and gets to play and learn with the best in the game (Pudge Rodriguez).
Thanks!

I remember seeing him with the Twins organization in the minors as well and thought that he was pretty good. I got him on a MLB ball before he was called up because once they are up, it is much harder to get them.