PDA

View Full Version : Wish we had a Football Section here at GUU

UGA016
10-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Man I do love this site...just wish we had a section for just Football Game used stuff..NFL..College..etc...What do yall think!! Gooo Dawggss!!

Mulligans
10-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I AGREE 100% and I know a lot of other guys would too! :D

TriplexXxSports
10-20-2010, 05:46 AM
It has been discussed at length around here, but like many other things, its tossed out the window.

Good luck with your suggestion.

legaleagle92481
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Most of the discussion on here is about the NFL. that and MLB. Rarely do people talk NBA other than Jordan and Lebron threads and NHL, NASCAR and golf never come up.

skinsfan0521
10-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah, the reasonable thing would be to break up into a Football section a baseball section and an "other" section.

But for some reason, the owners/mods aren't interested. There's no reason that they don't... they just ignore the idea.

cohibasmoker
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Man I do love this site...just wish we had a section for just Football Game used stuff..NFL..College..etc...What do yall think!! Gooo Dawggss!!

Count me in.

34swtns
10-21-2010, 03:32 PM
As Matt said, the idea has been brought up many times in the past but nothing ever comes of it. I've always gotten the impression that this is basically a baseball collectors' site and us football guys are just kind of allowed to be here.

Whatever. I'm glad the opportunity exists for us to be able to add our 2 cents', we just have to get used to the idea of digging our threads back out from under the pile all the time.

ChrisCavalier
10-22-2010, 02:46 PM
As Matt said, the idea has been brought up many times in the past but nothing ever comes of it. I've always gotten the impression that this is basically a baseball collectors' site and us football guys are just kind of allowed to be here.

Whatever. I'm glad the opportunity exists for us to be able to add our 2 cents', we just have to get used to the idea of digging our threads back out from under the pile all the time.
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I brought up the idea to the moderating committee and, at least for the time being, we are going to keep what some of the other moderators referred to as the "all inclusive nature" of the forum sections.

However, just to be clear, I strongly disagree that this "basically a baseball collectors' site". I think there are plenty of all types of collectors and there is a great deal of information being shared for everyone. In fact, some have expressed that is one of the things that makes the site so enriching and different from other specialized sites. That is, it seems that people can benefit from the knowledge being shared regardless of their collecting preferences.

Net, I don't think there is really a right or wrong way to set things up. Though each might have it's advantages, I think we will likely keep things as they are for now.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and feel free to email me directly if you care to discuss anything further.

Sincerely,
Chris

bruno89
09-08-2011, 10:15 AM
The title says all ,what do you think if this site has a specific section just for football fans?
Inside football theres various leagues such as college football,NFL and other minor leagues that collectors make it different then just NFL....
I think this was already talked in the past but wanted to hear more opinion now that football season is here.

Shipp_96
09-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes please! I like baseball as much as the next guy, but football NEEDS it's own section.

BrianK
09-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Sure. For the sake of discussion, here's an idea for going half-way. How about adding some new icons that allow users to flag their posts as baseball, football, basketball, hockey, etc? Ball-shaped icons is an obvious choice. Refernce material ... just in case a moderator wants to run with it ...
https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/posticon

NEFAN
09-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Most of the discussion on here is about the NFL. that and MLB. Rarely do people talk NBA other than Jordan and Lebron threads and NHL, NASCAR and golf never come up.

Baseball seems to get the most discussion. There is an entire thread devoted just to Bat shipping records. That being said, Football is discussed more here than any other forum I have found.