PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had dealings or spoken with Jason Edelman (Suave1477) recently?

TFig27
10-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had dealings or spoken with Jason Edelman (Suave1477) recently?

On 9/28 I sent payment sent through paypal for a Tino Martinez Devil Rays Bat and have not received it.

I don't really like making these matters public on the board, but I have not been able to get ahold of him for tracking information. He has told me the bat has shipped and should of arrived, but was unable to produce a tracking number. He lives one state away, so it should not take a month to arrive.

I know we all are busy and have life going on as well, but he has posted on the board and posted auctions on eBay during this time.

Hopefully we can get this resolved as I look forward to receiving my bat.

Thanks
Tom

TFig27@aol.com

Lokee
10-24-2010, 04:01 PM
Tom,

He has posted as recent as October 21st so he is around. Send him a private message maybe.

suave1477
10-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I have followed up with you on this matter several times to find out the status so lets not make it like we have not spoken in a month. I do not appreciate that. Especially to ruin my reputation which has been in good standing, with people I have dealt with before in the past from the forum and outside of it.

allstarsplus
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Suave, now that unfortunately a thread was started on this issue and you took the time to Post a reply, why can't you answer simply when you shipped his bat and give him tracking information?

Tom is saying he paid 26 days ago.

suave1477
10-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Andrew I have already replied to Tom

MLB_Authentic
10-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Obviously not well enough. Why not post the date of shipment and tracking number here? Seems like a good way to "clear" your name.

Andrew I have already replied to Tom

suave1477
10-25-2010, 11:51 AM
First of all I personally do not feel I need to explain myself here out in public when this is a matter between me and Tom, which we have spoken about already.
Furthermore it was his choice to decide to make this public and msinform about not speaking with me in a month. When we have emailed each other several times over the past month including I emailed his yesterday before I even knew that this posted was even started.
So as I mentioned it was his choice to make this public. Doesn't mean I have to engage any further than I already have here.

yankees506
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
i also think posting the tracking info would be the best thing to do now that this issue is public. I would have done the same as tom after 26 days

suave1477
10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Yankees out of curiousity why would you have done the same thing as Tom?

yankees506
10-25-2010, 12:03 PM
It seemed as if tom had lost hope with communicating with you, knowing we all "gift" payments im sure tom could not resolve this via paypal. I know your honest suave you have been on this forum longer than me but i know how hopeless tom must have been to post this

suave1477
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Well I hope Tom didn't feel "hopeless"

And I am an honest seller. You can check my ebay feedback Ebay ID Spendyour$ and see for yourself.

But as I mentioned Tom misinformed the forum by making it seem like we haven't spoke at all when in fact we did / have.

camarokids
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I bought from Jason before with no troubles. I had dealing with Tom too. Both are great members.....

allstarsplus
10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
But as I mentioned Tom misinformed the forum by making it seem like we haven't spoke at all when in fact we did / have.

I didn't seem misinformed by Tom's post. He didn't say he hadn't spoken to you. Here was his statement:

I have not been able to get ahold of him for tracking information.

Tom hasn't reposted so the question is, did you ship him the bat and forward him the tracking information.

Very straight forward. Why won't you answer this?

ironmanfan
10-25-2010, 01:37 PM
and people wonder why the Forum limits items sold to not exceed $500

trsent
10-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought only collectors could post items for sale on this site? Are dealers now allowed to sell on the site? I'd love to list some items for sale under $500.00!

camarokids
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM

I don't think a Tino Devil Rays bat would sell for more than $500.00 :confused:......

TNTtoys
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I thought only collectors could post items for sale on this site? Are dealers now allowed to sell on the site? I'd love to list some items for sale under $500.00!

What exactly are you referring to?

I just read the entire thread and don't see any reference to an item in this thread having been listed and sold on the "collector to collector" classifieds.

TFig27
10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
I have no intentions of ruining reputations or creating any drama. I am only trying to get the bat and some more info on where it is.

I received an email last night (10/24) from Jason and he stated that he would send me the tracking information today (10/25). As of yet, I have received no information.

I have sent 5 emails asking for tracking info throughout this time. I have only received replies that stated it was shipped and I should have received it, or he has the tracking number but it's not near him.

salmon
10-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone, I will stay away from this seller in any future dealings. I also hope you get your bat Tom. Thank you and have a good day!

yankees506
10-25-2010, 03:17 PM
According to this update from tom, Jason looks like a terrible person to buy from, evasive is not the way to go

allstarsplus
10-25-2010, 03:38 PM
According to this update from tom, Jason looks like a terrible person to buy from, evasive is not the way to go

I agree and how frustrating. Today is Day 27 for Tom.

How ridiculous in the scope of things to take this long to answer 2 simple questions?

1) When did you ship my bat?
2) What is my tracking number?

I will also say I have had over a dozen dealings with Tom over several years. Absolutely one of the finest persons I have known in the industry. We have dealt in items that were in the $1,000s and never an issue.

trsent
10-25-2010, 05:17 PM

What exactly are you referring to?

I just read the entire thread and don't see any reference to an item in this thread having been listed and sold on the "collector to collector" classifieds.

I was refering to the quote from ironmanfan as shown above.

Bravesfan
10-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Just one more person to never buy from.
Sounds very shady to me. The tracking number is the first thing I send to anyone who has ever bought anything from me.

TNTtoys
10-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Guys,

I am sure there is a reasonable explanation as to what has gone wrong here. Let's not be too quick to throw Jason/suave under a bus... it's not like he's a newbie or anything.

Jason is not only a friend of mine but he is just about the longest standing member of this forum, having posted consistently for many years. 4,000 messages and hundreds of transactions later, I am sure he wouldn't tarnish his reputation over 1 bat. Again, I am sure there is a reasonable explanation as to what happened here.

Nick

MLB_Authentic
10-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Waiting for a month with no tracking number is FAR from reasonable.

Guys,

I am sure there is a reasonable explanation as to what has gone wrong here. Let's not be too quick to throw Jason/suave under a bus... it's not like he's a newbie or anything.

Jason is not only a friend of mine but he is just about the longest standing member of this forum, having posted consistently for many years. 4,000 messages and hundreds of transactions later, I am sure he wouldn't tarnish his reputation over 1 bat. Again, I am sure there is a reasonable explanation as to what happened here.

Nick

allstarsplus
10-26-2010, 10:05 AM
Guys,

Nick

Nick - Today is day 28 which is 4 full weeks in timeframe. Suave is in New York and Tom is in Connecticut. Ground shipping between them takes 1 day.

How hard is it to say what happened and provide the guy with a TRACKING NUMBER.

And I am an honest seller. You can check my ebay feedback Ebay ID Spendyour$ and see for yourself.

Personally, I don't care how many posts on here someone has because if this was an eBay transaction he would have a received a Negative.

suave1477
10-26-2010, 10:20 AM
First I would like to Thank TnT and Camaro for there kind words.

I must say I was overwhelmingly dissapointed of the reactions of the Senior and more seasoned members of this forum.
And I do mean dissapointed.

To the newbies who decided to chime in such as Salmon and Braves fan you can feel what you like but members who have dealt with me here before know I have always been a stand up guy.

Andrew I am most shocked by you someone being here so long doesn't even give me the benefit of the doubt and your ready to start the lynching. This coming from a guy who was defending one of the worse members that had belonged to this forum and has now been banned. Yet over my years of being a member here one incident and now all of a sudden I am the bad guy.

Yankees506 yes I am a terrible person. I have been waiting for 4 years on this forum hoping one day I can screw someone over on one bat.

The funny part is people here act like they are God, like they are owed an answer here.
I noticed a couple of members replied asking for tracking numbers anmd such. WHY??? it's none of your business. The only person here I would explain myself too is Tom.
Just because (a member) here decides to chime in on this thread does not mean I have to explain my business to you whether it be a (reason) or (tracking number). Hey not to knock some of you off your high horses but you are not GOD.

And to point out again I find it disturbing after being a member here for years over one particular incident and everyone is ready to crusify me.

But I am actually glad that this thread happend because it shows why so many members have left this forum in the past because it is all the wash woman talk that makes this place worse. (Wash woman talk referring to everyone wants to be nosey of what is going on)

All it shows going forward to New Members hey if you ever have a situation or incident this is what will happen to you also.

I must say that after all the things that I have seen on this forum, this has left a bad taste in my mouth and am seriously considering that I may just leave this forum all together. I am 99% positive I will leave.

TNTtoys
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Nick - Today is day 28 which is 4 full weeks in timeframe. Suave is in New York and Tom is in Connecticut. Ground shipping between them takes 1 day.

And this is why I chose to stay out of this from the start.

First of all, the transaction occurred outside the forum. This is not my business nor is it the forum's. I am not here to judge, especially given I am a moderator of the forum.

I tried my best to stay neutral/impartial to the situation. I posted a message asking to give the guy a chance to explain himself (which I understand he is about to do as soon as he gathers all of his thoughts). Prior to today, Jason seemed content in keeping the matter private and dealing with Tom outside the forum despite the backlash that was already occurring here. Few have tried this route; none have succeeded -- most recently Rob Steinmetz.

As soon as we hear from Jason, I am happy to close this thread, as it has already gone off the rails.

pungent
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
I am 99% positive I will leave.

the forum will still go on if you decide to leave, though you make it sound like you're important enough and the culture here will change drastically without your presence here. not really sure why you are being so evasive with the issue at hand, but that's your business.

allstarsplus
10-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Andrew I am most shocked by you someone being here so long doesn't even give me the benefit of the doubt and your ready to start the lynching. This coming from a guy who was defending one of the worse members that had belonged to this forum and has now been banned. Yet over my years of being a member here one incident and now all of a sudden I am the bad guy.

Jason, don't be shocked. I start from neutrality and always try to be fair just like all the posts I have made. So to be clear on one simple question I have asked over and over, WHERE IS THE TRACKING NUMBER?

My other comments were escalated by some of your comments. This is disturbing that a member like Tom had to go public over this in the first place. It stayed Private until he couldn't think of any other way to get his bat or get a refund.

So you come on to Post and still won't explain where the bat is or post a Tracking number.

My phone number is below if you want to call me.

nycpropain
10-26-2010, 10:48 AM
The bottom line is this this topic is no one business, BUT he was trying to inform us about this which commendable as I wouldn't want my tracking to not appear after a month of waiting. I dont care how many posts you have thats not cool, and to be completely honest I think most would be pissed the person kept promising me it and not giving it including the party guilty of no tracking.

I hope everyone gets their side of this messy transaction.

suave1477
10-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Jason, don't be shocked. I start from neutrality and always try to be fair just like all the posts I have made. So to be clear on one simple question I have asked over and over, WHERE IS THE TRACKING NUMBER?

My other comments were escalated by some of your comments. This is disturbing that a member like Tom had to go public over this in the first place. It stayed Private until he couldn't think of any other way to get his bat or get a refund.

So you come on to Post and still won't explain where the bat is or post a Tracking number.

My phone number is below if you want to call me.

Andrew I think you missed the whole point of my post. You asked where is the tracking number again. To reiterate it is none of your business. You are no one for me to have to explain myself too. Do you not get that or do you feel everyone who passes through GUU should answer to you???
Well I think you already answered that question by stating your phone number is at the bottom of your post. Like I am supposed to jump right up and call you and explain myself to you. Last time I checked your not even part of our transaction.

No Tom did not have to go public with this. He chose too.
I am resolving the issue with Tom and I do not need to explain anything to anyone here.

I posted the first response to Toms thread to show that I was available to speak with.

allstarsplus
10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Andrew I think you missed the whole point of my post. You asked where is the tracking number again. To reiterate it is none of your business. You are no one for me to have to explain myself too. Do you not get that or do you feel everyone who passes through GUU should answer to you???
Well I think you already answered that question by stating your phone number is at the bottom of your post. Like I am supposed to jump right up and call you and explain myself to you. Last time I checked your not even part of our transaction.

No Tom did not have to go public with this. He chose too.
I am resolving the issue with Tom and I do not need to explain anything to anyone here.

I posted the first response to Toms thread to show that I was available to speak with.

This is a Forum that is public in nature. True, you don't have to post and you can let everyone come to their own conclusions.

I will leave you with 2 of my favorite quotes that when something goes wrong you stand up to answer the questions:

An honest answer is the sign of true friendship.--Proverbs 24:26

Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.--Spencer Johnson

ChrisCavalier
10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

At this point, I don't see the value of leaving this thread open. It appears to have begun with a member asking if they had heard anything about another party because they had not received an item they were expecting.

At this point, the person selling the item has been made aware and is now, from what I understand, dealing directly with the buyer. The seller has also suggested he would like to handle this privately and I think it is outside the scope of the forum to try to mediate private transactions where we are not involved.

At this point, we are closing the thread. If either party would like to provide an update in the future they can let us know and we will post it per their request assuming it does not violate any rules, etc.

Sincerely,
Chris

TNTtoys
10-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Nick - I see you responded 5 minutes after Jason posted. Is he writing another post?

No, we were apparently writing at the same time.

I wouldn't have posted mine at all had I known he was writing.

ChrisCavalier
11-03-2010, 06:59 PM
As an update to this situation, I received an email from Tom stating he received a refund for the purchase today.