PDA

View Full Version : Strange looking MLB holo

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM
The link to this auction is posted on this site and the seller is a member here. I just have one question and I know the item is legit, but what happened to that MLB Holo? Was it damaged?

jetersbatboy
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
That happens when a holo has bin removed.

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 05:33 PM

Even though it's a legit item, would that devalue the item or does it not make a difference?

jetersbatboy
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I would say the value goes down. The hologram breaks a part to stop people from trying to put it on another item. So people will definitely get the wron idea. Funny thing is that the other picture on the auction looks like the holo is still fully intact.

LastingsMilledge85
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
It was taken by another member here who was the original owner I think it was "stlbats" that owned the jersey first.

allstarsplus
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Yep, that is correct. I did a signing with an authenticator present and he had to pull off a freshly placed hologram due to the wrong placement on a jersey and it came apart just like that.

I have also seen them fall totally apart when on a baseball. I think the holograms never stick as well to a jersey and come apart like what is pictured.

What is the reasoning for the condition of the hologram? :rolleyes:

salmon
10-25-2010, 06:42 AM
I've purchased some items directly from teams with MLB Authenticated holograms but the left side of the sticker seems missing. It doesn't look like it was lifted off because 1) the rest of the hologram (the coloful area with MLB logo) is fully intact 2) there isn't matching residue directly underneath the sticker had it been peeled off.

Have any of you had these issues too with your holograms? Did they supposedly break when the authenticator was applying the hologram on the item? Thank you and have a good day!

tigerdale
10-25-2010, 06:47 AM
The current hologram they went to in 2007 I believe...before that the hologram was just round, they also used another odd shaped one on things like lineup cards too...