PDA

View Full Version : 1988 LA Raider "Jay Schroeder" Game Jersey

Doc Hudson
10-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm hoping someone here can help me establish a value on a unique item or give me advise where I can obtain same.

I have a Game Jersey [Perfect Condition White with Black name & #13] of Jay Schroeder [from the locker/not a hand out] Quarter Back of the 1988 Los Angeles Raiders and prevoiusly the Washington Redskins.
What makes this a little unique is that the inside tag reads "Property of the Oakland Raiders" not Los Angeles Raiders.

I know this isn't a big deal, but unique.

Thanks In Advance.
Doc Hudson

BU54CB
10-25-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm hoping someone here can help me establish a value on a unique item or give me advise where I can obtain same.

I have a Game Jersey [Perfect Condition White with Black name & #13] of Jay Schroeder [from the locker/not a hand out] Quarter Back of the 1988 Los Angeles Raiders and prevoiusly the Washington Redskins.
What makes this a little unique is that the inside tag reads "Property of the Oakland Raiders" not Los Angeles Raiders.

I know this isn't a big deal, but unique.

Thanks In Advance.
Doc Hudson

Posting some photos of the jersey would help out.

Doc Hudson
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
As per your request. Thanks

sox83cubs84
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Actually, there is an explanation. The style of those Sand-Knit tags were used in roughly 1981-84. The Raiders didn't move to L.A. until 1982. This could be a circa 1981 jersey shell that was prepared for Schroeder to use in the late 1980s. Although very unusual, I've seen as much as 10-year gaps between the year the jersey was made and the year it was worn in that era of NFL gamers.

Dave Miedema