Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doc Hudson
    • Oct 2010

1988 LA Raider "Jay Schroeder" Game Jersey

I'm hoping someone here can help me establish a value on a unique item or give me advise where I can obtain same.

I have a Game Jersey [Perfect Condition White with Black name & #13] of Jay Schroeder [from the locker/not a hand out] Quarter Back of the 1988 Los Angeles Raiders and prevoiusly the Washington Redskins.
    What makes this a little unique is that the inside tag reads "Property of the Oakland Raiders" not Los Angeles Raiders.

I know this isn't a big deal, but unique.

Thanks In Advance.
    Doc Hudson
  • BU54CB
    • Jul 2010

Re: 1988 LA Raider "Jay Schroeder" Game Jersey

Originally posted by Doc Hudson
    I'm hoping someone here can help me establish a value on a unique item or give me advise where I can obtain same.

I have a Game Jersey [Perfect Condition White with Black name & #13] of Jay Schroeder [from the locker/not a hand out] Quarter Back of the 1988 Los Angeles Raiders and prevoiusly the Washington Redskins.
    What makes this a little unique is that the inside tag reads "Property of the Oakland Raiders" not Los Angeles Raiders.

I know this isn't a big deal, but unique.

Thanks In Advance.
    Doc Hudson
    Posting some photos of the jersey would help out.

Comment

• Doc Hudson
      • Oct 2010

As per your request. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Actually, there is an explanation. The style of those Sand-Knit tags were used in roughly 1981-84. The Raiders didn't move to L.A. until 1982. This could be a circa 1981 jersey shell that was prepared for Schroeder to use in the late 1980s. Although very unusual, I've seen as much as 10-year gaps between the year the jersey was made and the year it was worn in that era of NFL gamers.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...