PDA

View Full Version : NBA Opening Night(s) auctions - Jerseys of starting 5 of each 30

MileHighFan
10-26-2010, 08:19 AM
Just a heads up for anybody interested:

For the 1st time on Tuesday, 10/26, fans of all 30 teams will have the chance to own game worn jerseys of the starting 5 players on their team's opening night roster. The auctioning will begin at tipoff of the Boston/Miami game which will give you a rare opportunity to watch the players wearing the jersey that you will be bidding on. Hope to see you soon at auctions.nba.com.

mbenga28
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
is it really a rare opportunity when we kind of know what's going to happen at the conclusion of the auctions?

Sonny25
10-26-2010, 09:30 AM
is it really a rare opportunity when we kind of know what's going to happen at the conclusion of the auctions?

Hopefully he only goes after the superstars & rookies like John Wall & Blake Griffin.

legaleagle92481
10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
This is great and a rare chance for everyone to pickup quality stuff. I doubt JT will even bid on many of them because if you had their allstar jerseys, playoff jerseys and special event jerseys aren't plain old regular season jerseys kind of boring? Plus to keep bidding on all of them would take like 30 people on 30 computers so I am confident this time. Good luck everyone hope we all get good stuff.

legaleagle92481
10-26-2010, 10:03 AM
where did you see this? i dont see anything about it anywhere. barry can you give us more info. i.e. when will the auctions end?

Dach0sen0ne
10-26-2010, 10:58 AM
where did you see this? i dont see anything about it anywhere. barry can you give us more info. i.e. when will the auctions end?

I saw it on their Offical Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NBA-Auctions/54473640115?ref=ts

indyred
10-26-2010, 11:01 AM
Great stuff for NBA collectors. Debut jerseys from rookies are nice bonus for the winners of those. Didn't last year they auction game balls from a bunch openers? I know they did some kind of opening week auctions.

bambelbitz
10-26-2010, 12:20 PM
It seems as though MeiGray has nothing to do with these opening night(s) auctions, there is no report or news whatsoever on the official site or twitter page of these special jerseys. Surprising, because I thought that MeiGray would be included in all those game used auctions with the NBA.

MileHighFan
10-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Some more information via SLAM (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/10/nba-auctioning-off-game-worn-jerseys/)...

For the first time, fans of all 30 teams will have the chance to own game-worn jerseys of the starting five players on their team’s opening-night roster. It will also mark the first time that NBA Revolution 30 jerseys, introduced across the League this season (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/the-nbas-newest-jerseys/) and featuring adidas’ newest technology (http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/the-lightest-nba-jersey-ever/), will be available for auction on NBA.com (http://www.nba.com/).

Auctions will begin for the first three games that play on Oct. 26 and will run through Tuesday, Nov. 16. The league will auction the remaining teams’ jerseys on a rolling basis throughout the season. After the games are played, the jerseys will be authenticated and securely stored until they are delivered to the winners. To celebrate the Los Angeles Lakers’ 16th NBA championship, the league will auction every jersey from the team’s opening night roster. To place a bid, fans can log on to auctions.nba.com (http://auctions.nba.com/).

BarryMeisel
10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Bambelbitz,

Not to worry. The NBA & MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program is running these auctions, and will be authenticating and hosting the auctions, beginning tonight.

NBA & MGG Authenticators are on site at each of tonight's three games, and the jerseys should start arriving back in our office later this week.

If you have any questions, feel free to call us toll-free at 888-463-4472 or e-mail us at sales@meigray.com

Thanks, Barry

BarryMeisel
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Here's some more info, Legaleagle.
The NBA and the 2010-11 NBA & MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program auction season tips off with six sets of jerseys from three Opening Night games. Here’s the Opening Night lineup:
· Miami Heat at Boston Celtics
· Phoenix Suns at Portland Trail Blazers
· Houston Rockets at Los Angeles Lakers
To celebrate the Los Angeles Lakers’ 16th NBA championship, the league will auction every jersey from the team’s opening night roster.
The auctions for these six sets of jerseys will go live at Tip-Off tonight. They will end on Tuesday. Nov. 16 beginning at 9 pm ET.
As the rest of the openers are played, more auctions will be added next week, and throughout the first part of the regular season.
Hope this helps,

Barry

AutographAddiction
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Any estimates on how much Lebron's first game as a Heat jersey goes for???:)

ivo610
10-27-2010, 07:34 PM

no but I got a guess on who buys it

legaleagle92481
10-29-2010, 09:55 AM

On NBA Auctions the standard price is 20k even the ones JT has not won went for that so add about five grand for the novelty of it being the first Heat jersey so I will say 25k.

bambelbitz
10-29-2010, 10:40 AM
I think it could very well be the highest price ever on NBA Auctions. (until now it was Kobe Bryant Gold Game-Worn jersey in the NBA Finals 2009 for about 35k)

MileHighFan
11-15-2010, 07:13 PM
First batch of teams ends tomorrow night; MeiGray announced the second batch that will be starting tomorrow, as well:

[quote]
Auction # 1 - Boston Celtics, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns and Portland Trail Blazers

Ends TOMORROW

Tuesday, November 16th beginning at 9 PM ET!

Auction # 2 - Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder and Washington Wizards
Begins TOMORROW

Tuesday, November 16th and will end on December 2nd beginning at 9 PM ET!

legaleagle92481
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
First batch of teams ends tomorrow night; MeiGray announced the second batch that will be starting tomorrow, as well:

[quote]
Auction # 1 - Boston Celtics, Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns and Portland Trail Blazers

Ends TOMORROW

Tuesday, November 16th beginning at 9 PM ET!

Auction # 2 - Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Memphis Grizzlies, Minnesota Timberwolves, Oklahoma City Thunder and Washington Wizards
Begins TOMORROW

Tuesday, November 16th and will end on December 2nd beginning at 9 PM ET!

Good luck tonight to all who bid. The next batch looks good interesting to see what Wall (his 1st regular season jersey ever worn) and Durant bring. Not much Durant stuff out there.

mbenga28
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
has MeiGray released any information on which teams are participating in this year's NBAGameWorn program?

legaleagle92481
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
has MeiGray released any information on which teams are participating in this year's NBAGameWorn program?

I have not seen anything and I check daily. I think they may be waiting for these auctions to be over. Obviously people will bid more for a jersey if it is from a team not in the program. If a team is in the program bidding will just stop when it gets to the cost to buy the jersey any day of the week from them. Especially since these are just opening night jerseys. This way noone knows which teams are in it when they bid. Or maybe I am looking into it too much and they just have not finalized the details.

BarryMeisel
11-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Mbenga is correct.
Details should be finalized soon, definitely this month, and we will announce as soon as they are ready.

Thanks, and good luck in the bidding tonight everybody,

Barry

mbenga28
11-17-2010, 09:25 AM
thank you Barry.

what did everyone else think of last night's final prices, higher/lower than you expected?

legaleagle92481
11-17-2010, 09:42 AM
thank you Barry.

what did everyone else think of last night's final prices, higher/lower than you expected?

They were very low. I noticed that there was not much bidding before the last hour and the second JTNBAFAN bid everyone seemed to back off. As a result he practically stole Allen, Bosh, Wade and Roy (under $800). The Lebron "only" went for a bit over $14k which sounds high but will be a steal if the Heat win the "six or seven titles" Lebron thinks they will as it is the first Heat jersey he ever wore in a game that counted. I was the underbidder on the Kobe if I had not bid it would have been stolen for around $7,500. I dropped out at 10k because I will not spend more than that on a regular season jersey worn in one game and I am saving my cash for NFL jerseys.

Mulligans
11-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Yea.... its funny the way some of these auctions end. The last 2 Celtics Auctions didn't have much drama in the closing minutes. The finals Jerseys and the Christmas Jerseys seemed to sell at the numbers they were at going into the final week. Last night there was quite a bit of aggressive bidding in the closing minutes.

Barry....Was this the first year of the opening night Jerseys? Did that have anything to do with it?

Will there be any new or repeating auctions this year? i.e. Christmas, Throwbacks etc?

mbenga28
11-19-2010, 08:19 AM
was reading that post Dan made about the quality of the new jerseys this season, I wonder if that might have been a factor for lower bids and if it will affect other future auctions.

legaleagle92481
11-19-2010, 09:27 AM
was reading that post Dan made about the quality of the new jerseys this season, I wonder if that might have been a factor for lower bids and if it will affect other future auctions.

What are people spending 1,000s to wear the jerseys? It has nothing to do with the new material its people are getting smarter they are waiting until the end to bid and when they see a certain bidder bid they just dont bid. He got some bona fide steals the other night.

MileHighFan
11-25-2010, 05:34 AM
I too was surprised at how low the first batch of jerseys ended. Not sure why it happened, but I don't think it has any correlation with the new Revolution 30 style jersey. People beginning to recognize JT and backing off seems more plausible.

I didn't see any announcement, but another batch of 6 teams was put up for auction this past Tuesday (the 23rd): Atlanta Hawks, Chicago Bulls, New Orleans Hornets, Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors & Utah Jazz. They'll end the evening of December 9th.

Mbenga is correct.
Details should be finalized soon, definitely this month, and we will announce as soon as they are ready.
Looking forward to this news in the coming days.

Mulligans
11-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure that I can buy into the JT thing, but who knows?

I wanted a Jersey, so I bid and really didn't worry about who I was bidding against. I am strictly a Celtics guy and didn't think they went for short money at all! I bid on just about all of them and when the prices got too high, I bailed.

Having said that, I do think the quality is questionable and they will not last for many games with the more fragile material. There is no way you will ever be able to get one of the new Jerseys signed which really stinks.

So.....does this mean you will never be able to get an NBA Jersey signed again?

BarryMeisel
12-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi everybody,

Just a reminder that Auction No. 2 ends tonight.

Teams in this auction are:
Washington-including the first jersey John Wall wore in his NBA debut.
Dallas
Golden State
Memphis
Minnesota
Oklahoma City

Good luck everybody,

Bary

escaperoyals
12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks Barry! I now have an OKC Thunder Game Worn Jersey!
Now, if I can only afford a George Brett Gamer!

Sonny25
12-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Barry any idea when the Bobcats jerseys will be up for auction?

legaleagle92481
12-03-2010, 09:39 AM
These jerseys went for spit. If Wall becomes a big star that jersey will be a super steal. The Durant also went low considering so little of his stuff is out there.

Sonny25
12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
So is JT now 'gamewornfan'?
If not I'm surprised he passed up on the Blake Griffin jersey.

legaleagle92481
12-18-2010, 02:19 AM
So is JT now 'gamewornfan'?
If not I'm surprised he passed up on the Blake Griffin jersey.

It appears so unless there is a new player buying every superstar jersey at any cost. He branched into NFL stuff this year on NFL auctions so that is probably why he switched to properly reflect his collection.

bambelbitz
12-21-2010, 05:05 PM
So when does the next round of the NBA Opening Night auctions start?

Has MeiGray already announced what jerseys they are going to auction off throughout the NBA Season 2010-2011? Are they going to auction off the snowflake jerseys on Christmas?