Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eric16841
    • Feb 2010

One of a kind or Interesting Items in players career

Not sure if we have ever had a post like this but i was wondering what interesting items or one of kind items you have from a players career.

I collect nick Swisher items and mine is the lineup card from his pitching debute for the yankees in early 2009 season. I believe this is a one of kind item as i doubt he will pitch again. Its a great item and thanks to the forum member for it.
  • ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: One of a kind or Interesting Items in players career

How about the homeplate umpires' lineup cards from 05/30/82, the FIRST game of Cal Ripken Jr.'s legendary streak? Interesting to note that future Hall of Fame manager Bobby Cox, used a lineup card from 1980:

Comment

• ironmanfan
      • Sep 2005

or how about a signed business card from the Doctor who treated Cal Ripken Jr.'s broken nose (courtesy of teammate Roberto Hernandez) @ the 1996 All Star Game?

Comment

• ironmanfan
        • Sep 2005

or the commemorative jersey gifted to Cal by the Orioles to recognize his 400th career Home Run in 1999?

I'll stop and let the others chime in!

whhp72@yahoo.com

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

1995 Alex Rodriguez American League Signed Baseball to a Doctor with the Baltimore Orioles who treated Arod while in Baltimore.

Signed, "Doc, Thanks 4 Everything. Save my Lockers 95."

Arod underlined the "s" in lockers to emphasize to save him more than one.

Won it on ebay for $85 from a GUU member. Consider it a steal for that price.
          Attached Files
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Not THAT unusual (and I have no pics) but how 'bout a Get Well Soon signed baseball personalized to me from Cubs coach Matt Sinatro after my 2007 kidney transplant.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• ironmanfan
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ironmanfan
              or how about a signed business card from the Doctor who treated Cal Ripken Jr.'s broken nose (courtesy of teammate Roberto Hernandez) @ the 1996 All Star Game?

Just wanted to resurrect this thread to show this wire/laser photo I recently acquired that depicts Cal shortly after his "nasal bone" was broken prior to the 1996 AS Game (the Phillies team doctor is nearby!)

Comment

• ironmanfan
                • Sep 2005

oops..forgot the photo:

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                  • Oct 2005

For anyone who remembers former Phillies Whiz Kid Granny Hamner - I have a contract signed by him and his wife to have their house built here in Richmond, Va.

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                    • Oct 2005

I have the actual ball Early Wynn pitched for his 2,000th strikeout. Does that count?

Ken
                    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• cigarman44
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                      I have the actual ball Early Wynn pitched for his 2,000th strikeout. Does that count?

Ken
                      earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

I guess we will count that

Comment

• RRexpressfan94
                        • Jan 2010

I have a bat that Jose Valientine used in ST 09 and he let go of it and hit a camera man square in the forehead. it stopped the game for about 20 mins. i talked to the camera man as he was leaving for the hospital and he said here you go kid i have no need for this and handed it to me. does that count? hah

Comment

• Ollie
                          • Oct 2008

I have (well to be precise I gave it to my Mom) the uniform that Mike Mussina wore in the game when he got his career 2500th K.
                          Check Out My Youtube Channel For More Of My Yankees Collection

Check Out My MLB 2K11 Yankees Franchise

Comment

• ironmanfan
                            • Sep 2005

This was a cheap team giveaway shaving kit bag that was given out by the Charlotte Orioles in 1980.....It was left in Cal Ripken's locker after his 1982 rookie season & I purchased it from the clubhouse attendant who kept it for years...While it was hard to believe that Cal would be using such a cheap ass shaving kit once he made it to The Show, when he signed it for me he told me that he actually used this from 1980-82 to store his batting gloves during travel (which made the story that much better!):

Comment

• gingi79
                              • Aug 2007

When Sami Salo became injured for the first time (of about 100 assorted injuries) he was sent down to the Ottawa Senators IHL team, the Detroit Vipers. He played 5 games, 3 in a white jersey and 2 in a purple.

Detroit is now defunct and it's the only white one he ever wore. Considering he could make the Sports Injury HOF, the jersey from his first re-hab stint seems interesting, to me at least
                              Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

Working...