You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fnazxc0114
    • Aug 2007

You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

Lee's wife was spit upon, had beer thrown on her, and was cursed throughout the yankees series. We all know the yankees have some deep pockets, but i think the rangers have a lot of room in next years payroll to mmake a run at cliff. Plus the team is realy young and has a chance to be good for a long time.

Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington
  • LastingsMilledge85
    • May 2009

Re: You think the yankees are the front runners in signing cliff lee?

The first article I think is just ridiculous, if the Yankees were to sign Lee then do you think Mrs. Lee will be sitting with the crowd? Not a chance, she may even get her own luxury suite just for the sake of things. Personally, I think with Texas beating out the Yankees may play a large role come this off season, but you really never know with these things especially when the Yankees are involved. Sometimes players go for the money and the "pinstripes." There's just some players that "dig the pinstripes."

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
      • Aug 2007

From what my wife told me Misty Mae Treanor has pics on her facebook page of the fans spitting on them. What kind of person spits on and throws beer on a woman?
      Baseball do what it do
      -Ron Washington

Comment

• eisenreich8
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
        From what my wife told me Misty Mae Treanor has pics on her facebook page of the fans spitting on them. What kind of person spits on and throws beer on a woman?
        Oh, I dunno......Charlie Sheen........Mel Gibson.........Robert Blake.........Wil Cordero.........

Comment

• eisenreich8
          • Jun 2007

I would hope Cliff Lee and his family stick to their southern roots and help Nolan Ryan make the Rangers a future powerhouse. Lee's marquee value will be stellar if (or when) Texas wins the series. With The Rangers' new and improved baseball and marketing muscle, I can see Lee having a better and more lucrative career in Texas than in NY. I don't know for sure yea or nay but I hope he's not going to turn into a mercenary.

Fifty year drought for Texas and Cliff Lee could definitely see his name for now and for the longer term become somewhat legendary in Rangers lore.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Lee would be THE MAN in Texas, as opposed to being just another multi-millionaire moundsman in New York.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
              • May 2009

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
              Lee would be THE MAN in Texas, as opposed to being just another multi-millionaire moundsman in New York.

Dave Miedema
              Not at all, Texas is big just like New York and you got to consider some of those guys in Dallas where there is a team called the Cowboys. No matter what, the Rangers will never, ever be like what the Cowboys have built themselves up to be.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                • Aug 2007

They will never exceed the cowboys, which is bad because i could care less about them. If Cliff Lee helps bring the WS to texas i bet he could almost come close to nolan ryan status around the metroplex. With the way free agency is structured the yankess are going to do nothing but continue to get older.
                Baseball do what it do
                -Ron Washington

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                  Not at all, Texas is big just like New York and you got to consider some of those guys in Dallas where there is a team called the Cowboys. No matter what, the Rangers will never, ever be like what the Cowboys have built themselves up to be.
                  Read my post a little more closely. Lastings...the mention of "moundsman" indicates that I was referring to pitchers, not the entire scope of either city's professional sports teams.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
                    Read my post a little more closely. Lastings...the mention of "moundsman" indicates that I was referring to pitchers, not the entire scope of either city's professional sports teams.

Dave Miedema
                    So pitchers have their own social demographic is what you are telling me?

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                      • Aug 2007

Lasting no point in trying to start an argument. I failed out of the third grade and read Sox post as saying he would just be another 100 million dollar pitcher in NY.
                      Baseball do what it do
                      -Ron Washington

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                        • Aug 2007

I think in NY they all belong to their own social demographic. Most of the guys on that team are 1/10 of top one percenters. Id wear the pinstripes for that kind of money.
                        Baseball do what it do
                        -Ron Washington

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                          • May 2009

Sorry, I failed with my baseball "slang" didn't realize moundsman was pitcher when the reference was made. Anyway, whatever he is coined doesn't matter because he is the same in Texas, as he is the same in New York and that's loaded. What matters, is that where he will in fact pitch come next season, right?

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                            • Aug 2007

I hope he's pitching here, but only time will tell. Either way i bet he waits a while to figure out what he wants to do. Not sure how long deer season lasts in arkansas lol
                            Baseball do what it do
                            -Ron Washington

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

lee is going to the highest bidder. texas or yankees or some other team ir doesn't matter. the yanks have to be the favorites because they can outbid any team. this spitting incident means nothing just some guys having too much beer and acting rowdy defintely not enough to disaqualify a whole city and possibly leave millions on the table.

Comment

Working...