PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a Match?

AWA85
10-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Was browsing around at some pictures on getty tonight, and am starting to think I may have matched my Jay Bruce helmet from the 2010 season. Looks like it was used beyond this game with the added use, but the blue mark above and slightly to the left of the C seems to match up perfectly. What do you guys think? I am going to try and track it down a little farther.

Bruce hit 2 home runs in this game in a loss to the Pirates!

AWA85
10-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Also, helmet was picked up during the middle to early part of the season somewhat narrowing it down to the early part of the season. Will have to get some photos of the helmet tilted the same way, as it seems to look even more identical when it is sitting up as the picture of Bruce wearing it.

indyred
10-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Looks pretty good.

lakeerie92
10-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Not sure if it is authenticated, if so you probably already know when it was last used, but based on matching up that mark the last time it looks like he wore that helmet was during his 5th inning flyout on April 24th. I went back through several game in MLB.TV and that is when I tracked it to. The white marks I assume were from the same impact that cracked it because there are none on the helmet in that at bat.

indyred
10-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Not sure if it is authenticated, if so you probably already know when it was last used, but based on matching up that mark the last time it looks like he wore that helmet was during his 5th inning flyout on April 24th. I went back through several game in MLB.TV and that is when I tracked it to. The white marks I assume were from the same impact that cracked it because there are none on the helmet in that at bat.

Yeah, those white marks look like it got thrown down in duugout somewhere on cememnt and had to be the impact that caused the crack.