PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Giambi Rockies Jersey Value

bagbig
10-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Any help on what a Jason Giambi Rockies Jersey is worth from 2009 with a team letter? Thanks so much.

ziggy
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
$225 - $250?

legaleagle92481
10-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Whatever someone will pay. The range guessed by the other poster sounds a little high I would say 175-200.

bagbig
10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Wow, not much at all, I was expecting $500-$600. Thanks guys.

ziggy
10-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah probably closer to $200...I would say most desirable rockies players would be Tulo and Gonzalez...Those would prob go for around $400-$450...Helton would probably bring around $300-$400 these days

LastingsMilledge85
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow, not much at all, I was expecting $500-$600. Thanks guys.

You could expect that, maybe more if it was a Yankees jersey.

skier14
10-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah probably closer to $200...I would say most desirable rockies players would be Tulo and Gonzalez...Those would prob go for around $400-$450...Helton would probably bring around $300-$400 these days

Tulowitzkis have been going for more than that lately. Mostly around $500-$700. I've seen some CarGos reach over $1100, but I dont own many of those.

I would say $200 is about right for the Giambi.

rdeversole
10-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Geez, I'd hope that someone if his status could at least reach $300 unless there's just a ton of those jerseys available.

xpress34
10-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Helton goes for $400 from the Rockies Dug Out Stores - I can tell you that for a fact as I was the top of the list this year and they called me. I already have a Helton (I've been on their list for over 6 years), so I told them to move onto the next guy.

I asked prices for Tulo and Cargo - not that they had any available as they have waiting lists for most all of the big name players - and they are $500 each.

I am picking up McKenry's home white vest - which means he wore it in his 1st MLB appearance pinch hitting as they were at home wearing the vests. September call ups get ONE of each jersey. I've been following McKenry for awile and his jersey is costing $200 from the Dugout Store.

Giambi - they did not get any Giambi's last year or this year. They all went (like many pieces) out the back door to larger bulk buyers who have been buying from the Rockies for years.

That said, a 2009 Giambi Rockies jersey will cost a bit more than you think considering their is only ONE of each jersey style for him since he was also a September Call Up. As far as I have been able to find out, they did NOT make extra jerseys for the 2009 Post Season.

I personally own Giambi's 2009 Home White Vest from his 1st Game as a Rockie along with a pair of home pants. Both are now signed and the Jersey is inscribed as GU. I paid just shy of $500 for both pieces from one of the Rockies big bulk buyers. If the Rockies had gotten the jersey, it would have been $500 by itself.

It is photo matched to the 1st two games as well as to the picture of him on his 2009 Topps Unique Card:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/Giambi1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/JasonGiambiBIGPhoto.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/GiambiNumberProof.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/GiambiProof.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/ST3.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/scan0006.jpg

So, just wondering which jersey is being offered to you and for how much?

I live in Denver and am pretty much an expert on Rockies LOAs as well if you want to forward any pics to me...

- Smitty

xpress34
10-27-2010, 04:38 PM
P.S. - Here's a video of Jason signing the jersey at Spring Training and adding the GU inscription at Coors Field:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/?action=view&current=GiambiSigVid.mp4

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Me%20and/?action=view&current=118_0398.mp4

xpress34
10-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Geez, I'd hope that someone if his status could at least reach $300 unless there's just a ton of those jerseys available.

GUU Member - 2000MVP - already has 1st dibs on my Giambi uni IF I ever decide to sell it and I have 1st dibs on his 2009 Rox Giambi GU helmet IF he ever decides to sell it...

I can pretty much guarantee you now that it is signed and all with video proof, I won't even hear anything less than $1,000.

I would realistically guess - because Giambi has become a VERY big deal here in Denver quickly - that his 2010 jerseys will bring $400-$600 each and any of the other few 2009 ones out there (his 1st season here and only for ONE month) will bring $600-$800 unsigned.

Just my opinion, but the 2009's are EXTREMELY rare - as I said, ONE of each as far as what I have been told.

- Smitty

2000mvpfan
10-27-2010, 09:54 PM
..Interesting thread,just thought I'd weigh in.The way I see it,Giambi falls into a niche right now-the only people interested are Rockies collectors or Giambi collectors.Based on a lack of interest (by the game-used community) in many of his items that I've seen at auction,whether on eBay or the auction houses,I'd say that most people are not willing to pay the higher prices they once did for his game-used stuff.As Chris said,however,that '09 stuff has to be pretty tough.I have his helmet,cage jacket,and pregame fleece...Chris has the alt. home uniform..and another member here (can't remember who,though I remember reading the post) has his road pants.Other than these items,I have NEVER seen anything Giambi/Rockies related hit the market from '09.Keep in mind though,that Chris paid $500 for the complete jersey/pants set at a time when the Rockies were still on everybody's mind after just making the playoffs where they lost to Philadelphia..and from what I recall,the eBay seller who offered that uniform had it listed for two,possibly three weeks at that price with no interest (hell,the only reason I didn't buy it was I had just bought a McGwire bat the week before..ehh...timing sucks sometimes).Would an '09 home,road,or black alt demand a premium?Possibly,but again,I think only from a Rockies or Giambi collector..I would say maybe $300 to $400,and that high end might be generous.
As for the 2010s,I would have to think they would fall into that $200-$250 range.I'm sure there have to be plenty of these,as Giambi would of have to have gotten at least 2 of each-so right there you're talking about 8 jerseys.Maybe a little more could be possible if people were interested in those jerseys because of the memorial patches found on them this year,but otherwise you have to remember-popularity and clubhouse leader roles aside,Giambi is now a bench player who hit .244 with 6 HRs in 87 games..the days of people overpaying for his gear are done.As Lastings said,the Yankees stuff has,does,and will see the best prices-and even there,prices are dropping.I paid $500 for an '07 Yanks home that was beaten up with use,photomatched from April thru the postseason,and had the Rizzuto/Lidle memorials..I'm not sure any Rockies stuff will approach that price anytime soon.
That said,I'll still be waiting for one of Chris' "back-door guys" to put one of these jerseys into the marketplace so I can finally add a Rox jersey to my collection!!

Best of luck to you,
Joe

And Chris...have you ever seen one of his Rox hats for sale??If the jerseys are tough,the hats are impossible!!
-JD

jobathenut
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Are you selling one or being offered one?
Any help on what a Jason Giambi Rockies Jersey is worth from 2009 with a team letter? Thanks so much.

Lokee
10-28-2010, 11:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Giambi-2010-Colorado-Rockies-game-used-hat-/220689139058?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3362190572

2000mvpfan
10-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Loki-
Found that an hour before you posted it..already in on it,brother..

Joe

xpress34
10-29-2010, 07:37 AM
:D

Joe -

My uni needs a hat or helmet...

- Smitty
:D

2000mvpfan
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Well then,Chris,it looks like someone's gonna be overbidding on this hat!

Take care,
Joe

Dach0sen0ne
10-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I should win the hat and have you guys cage fight for it. We could make it a UFC undercard and Giambi could be the ring announcer.

ziggy
10-29-2010, 02:05 PM
What kind of player would Giambi have been without the juice? In a couple years you guys should be able to pick up his jerseys up for much less.....Out of sight out of mind

xpress34
10-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Well then,Chris,it looks like someone's gonna be overbidding on this hat!

Take care,
Joe

:eek:
Hahaha!!!

xpress34
10-29-2010, 06:52 PM
What kind of player would Giambi have been without the juice? In a couple years you guys should be able to pick up his jerseys up for much less.....Out of sight out of mind

That's not always true. Giambi was the 1st guy to come forward - even though he didn't say WHAT he did (we all knew) - to make a public apology for his mistake.

On top of that, Giambi is a great guy with the fans - very engaging - and is one of the few 'bigger names' who still sign multiples if you ask nicely and makes you feel like you're doing him a favor by asking!

Because of his popularity, his items will stay up in value - just like McGwire. Even when he 'disappeared', his stuff didn't really drop in price in regards to GU and Auto stuff.

Just my .02

- Smitty

sox83cubs84
10-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Although it may well be out of character, my memory of Giambi is his agreeing to trade me a cap after a BP at Comiskey Park for a Mickey Mantle display piece I offered him, his taking the piece and stiffing me on the cap. Personally, I wouldn't pay 5 cents for any of his game used items.

Dave Miedema

2000mvpfan
10-29-2010, 10:44 PM
I would have to agree that,barring Dave's experience,I have never heard a bad word about Giambi-from fans,fellow players,or the media.According to them all,he's characterised as a stand-up guy and great teammate..just look how thrilled the A's (and especially Eric Chavez) were to get him back in '09.
Would he have been the same player without the stuff he took?Hard to say,and while I don't condone it,he was not alone..MANY took the same thing and few wound up having the career he's had-a career which,if not derailed by injury,might even have seen him hit 500 HR's.I think he'd have been a star regardless,probably not as much of a longball threat,but definitely a talented player.
As far as his game-used and the values of it though,I have to completely disagree.As the main focus of my game-used collection,I can tell you that prices for his equipment have certainly declined since his abyssmal 2004 season.Before that,it was not uncommon to see A's jerseys from the early part of the decade going for over $1300-but by the middle of 2006,I was able to get his rookie-year green A's alternate (with A's COA) for about $350,a far cry from the earlier prices.The trend still continues-the Yankees road jersey I purchased for $450 originally sold in a 2007 Robert Edwards Auction for $1880...over the winter,I was able to get the aformentioned Yankees home pinstripe and a Giambi Yanks batting helmet-both with Steiner paperwork-for $1000,which is what the original owner paid for the helmet alone from Steiner a couple of years before.I don't,however,think his jerseys will go lower than their current level-they seemed to have bottomed out now.But I also don't think the folks that paid 4-digit prices are going to let them go for $200-$300,so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you didn't see any older Giambi stuff for a while,if ever.Me?I don't really care too much..my stuff's not going anywhere anytime soon.Hey,he's my guy...what can you do?

Joe

xpress34
10-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Joe -

I'm sure you were the 1st (and current) high bidder on the hat. Just letting you know I have not bid yet, so I don't know who the new dog is in the race that already ran the price up another $30.00 +.

- Chris

2000mvpfan
10-30-2010, 06:46 PM
Haha..I think I know who it might be,Chris.He's a Giambi fan and a member here (not Jobathenut) if I'm right..

Joe

jobathenut
10-30-2010, 11:17 PM
2000mvpfan-Did i hear someone say my name????:)
Haha..I think I know who it might be,Chris.He's a Giambi fan and a member here (not Jobathenut) if I'm right..

Joe

Rboitano
10-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I have a pair of 09 pin striped road pants of Giambi with Rockies COA. I need to sell them

2000mvpfan
10-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Butch...what's up pal?Long time no see...hope all's well!

RBoitano...what are you looking to get for the pants?You can email me at baldgannon@yahoo.com..Thanks!

Joe

jobathenut
11-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Hey there my friend-All is alright ,you know living the dream.Oh and getting bashed pretty good in the items wanted section.Man you comment about your thread getting alot of views and people go nuts on you.Telling me to grow up and making a fool out of myself.Well hope all is good with you....
Butch...what's up pal?Long time no see...hope all's well!

RBoitano...what are you looking to get for the pants?You can email me at baldgannon@yahoo.com..Thanks!

Joe

jobathenut
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I am just wondering who am i jealous of,who got the giambi hat on ebay...XPRESS OR 2000MVPFAN......I know who i would have my money on but i saw the final price on it and was amazed it went for that much.Are you guys suprised or was it was you expected.:)

2000mvpfan
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
...Yes Butch,it should be arriving soon!I'll post pics for you when it does.Like I said earlier in this post though,if it wasn't for me (a Giambi fan) and Chris (a Rockies fan) bidding on this thing,it might not have gotten much past $75-$80.Was it more than I thought I'd pay?Yup...But I just rationalize it by thinking Giambi's Rockies stuff is probably close to being at an end-I'm not so sure the Rox sign him for '11 in a leadership role when his numbers weren't outstanding and the team failed to make the postseason..hope I'm wrong,but we'll see!

jobathenut
11-06-2010, 11:07 PM
YES!!!!..I knew it,i knew you were going to win it.I would have had my money on you winning it.But then it was going to either you or XPRESS.But i figured it would be a war and turned out it was.I am glad that you won it.And i look forward to the photos.And i sure would love to see giambi in yankee pin stripes again before he ends his career.I just hate to think of him not playing so i hope someone signs him.
...Yes Butch,it should be arriving soon!I'll post pics for you when it does.Like I said earlier in this post though,if it wasn't for me (a Giambi fan) and Chris (a Rockies fan) bidding on this thing,it might not have gotten much past $75-$80.Was it more than I thought I'd pay?Yup...But I just rationalize it by thinking Giambi's Rockies stuff is probably close to being at an end-I'm not so sure the Rox sign him for '11 in a leadership role when his numbers weren't outstanding and the team failed to make the postseason..hope I'm wrong,but we'll see!