PDA

View Full Version : Dave Parker Bat

The Lumber Company
08-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Gentlemen,
I have a bat that I am trying to identify as Dave Parkers. It is a 1973-75 game used block letter K55 from an impeccable source. It also has a 39 written on both ends. I have been offered other block letter Parker bats from the late 70's and they never matched up. I am not sure of the length but it looks like a Dave Parker to me. Could this be rookie-era Dave Parker bat?
Thanks,
Marty Wallach
www.thelumbercompany.com (http://www.thelumbercompany.com)

JimCaravello
08-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Hi Marty

Parker's earliest Louisville Slugger order dates to August of 1970 and it appears that he had signature models starting that year. During the 73 - 75 time period, Parker ordered K55 bats only once - on October 3, 1973. Actually, that's the only shown order of K55 bats during his entire career. It appears those bats were flame burned ( which would match the photo ) and were 35" and 35 ounces. He ordered 18 of those bats. There is not reference in the records to block lettering for that specific order. You should try to find out the length and the weight.

From 1973 - 1975, Harry Parker pitched for the Mets and Billy Parker was a pitcher for the Angels in 1973. I mention this as they appear to be the only other Parkers who were playing in the majors at the time. I doubt Billy Parker had any bats ( AL - DH ), but Harry could have ordered bats from Louisville ( we do not have his personal records ) as he appeared in 38, 40 and 18 games respectively from 1973 - 1975.

Another possibility is that the bat was ordered by a minor league player.

See if you can find out more on the weight and length and let me know how I can help. Jim