PDA

View Full Version : BMH 2010 World Series Bats

ryant7
11-02-2010, 07:21 AM
I have noticed some players when they come up to bat have an A stamped in the knob of there bat. I actually took a picture of Mitch Morelands before he hit his homerun for Reference. Does it stand for Amish Maple i heard of several players Swinging amish maple bats. Is this indeed true and now the trend?

BMH
11-02-2010, 09:58 AM
The technical answer to that question is no it is not "Amish" Maple.

If you noticed, the bats that Hamilton and Cruz used were really "White" in appearance. Originally, we were purchasing our wood from an Amish Mill that produced this whiteness in the wood by it's vacuum drying process. We used another VD supplier that dried our wood but it was darker in color and cheaper. To keep tabs on what bats we marked one with a "V" (darker) and the other with an "A" (whiter).

We liked the color supplied by the Amish, but the wood itself wasn't the best and they had trouble cutting each billet to the correct length. We decided to start using our own wood and processing it ourselves. We still mark each bat with an "A" to keep it separate from our kiln dried and the VD billets.

We'll see where it goes from there.