PDA

View Full Version : help with photo matching/potential buyer

costas
11-02-2010, 03:35 PM
I am in talks with a potential buyer for a game used jersey. The jersey was used for the entire season and I can only find a close up photo early on in the season. That picture shows four loose threads though the jersey I have in hand shows only three when matching up, which I assume the other thread either fell off or was removed by the equipment manager later on in the season. The buyer stated that he would have purchased my asking price if it was a 100% photo match but because of the missing thread he is offering only half my asking price. Should I bother dealing with this buyer, as the missing thread was not my doing and it's obvious it's the same jersey shown in the photo?

LWMM
11-02-2010, 03:56 PM
From the information you've provided, I wouldn't sell for only 50% just because you can't find a definitive match. I don't know the tone or direction your discussions with the buyer, but it's possible that he is just hoping to get the jersey cheaply. What jersey are you selling, and can you post pictures? Does it have any supporting documentation?

indyred
11-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Too hard to say without seeing the photomatches. Some people still have no idea what an exact photo match is.

Mulligans
11-02-2010, 06:50 PM
If you are not desperate for cash, you should sell it for what you think it is worth......not by the thread!

The more qualified buyers you have, the better you will do!

legaleagle92481
11-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Don't sell it for 1/2 unless you are totally strapped with no alternative. Alot of people in this hobby believe in buy cheap sell high so they seize on any imperfection they can find in an item to get the seller to drop the price. Once they buy it said imperfection suddendly no longer matters and they turn around and flip it for a profit. Every item has imperfections and minor ones like the one you have should not decrease the value. It would be different if it had yellowed or torn or a substance got on it (i.e. you wore it to a game and got hotdog mustard stains all over it) or something else drastic like that.