PDA

View Full Version : When auction houses reject items???

GrndSlm
11-03-2010, 10:13 AM
I would really like to here the forum members thoughts on this particular topic. What do you guys think when an auction house denies to place an item that they authenticated in their own auction. They use words like "this is not for us" and "we already have an item from that player".......I find this to be extremely troublesome.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

allstarsplus
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
If it was authenticated by them as good to go, the only reason I could see they would turn down an item would be if it didn't make financial sense to put it in the auction. For instance, an unused autographed baseball of Derek Jeter that would sell for $200 may not be worth it for them.

Can you give us an example of an item they turned down?

GrndSlm
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Ive been getting alot of information regarding the neck tag of my 1985 Rickey Henderson yankee jersey and some authenticators say its fine while some say its inconsistant. It was authenticated by 2 auction houses and both of them refuse to put it in there auction. Since I was unsure I wanted to see what there authenticators say about the piece. I dont think any auction house would reject the placement of a 1985 Henderson Yankee jersey unless they also see a problem....

Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

legaleagle92481
11-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Try posting pics of the jersey on here there are a few Henderson collectors on here maybe some of them can help you. By auction house what do you mean like the big guns like Hertiage or Grey Flannel size or smaller companies that run auctions?

Tallyman77
11-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Did the auction house charge you a fee for authentication and did they provide you with a letter? :)

-Walt

Evergreen7777@att.net