PDA

View Full Version : David Wright Mlb Hr Ball

rmichne
11-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a reasonable value on a game used Mets baseball.

MLB hologram # 543132 BB
and it states that it was used on May 20, 2007
Yankees at Mets.
Under additional information it states
David Wright Home Run #7

I looked up all the other hologram numbers around it and any of the other game used baseballs do not have anything under additional information. I replayed the home run from the game and it was hit in the bullpen.
I know MLB certified home run balls are rare due to the fact that they are generally hit into the stands and rarely holgrammed. I was wondering if anyone on the forum would guess at what they thought this ball was worth. I am considering either selling it or having it signed by David Wright. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Michne Jr
rmichne@yahoo.com

Always buying New York Mets items.

lakeerie92
11-03-2010, 08:20 PM
$400-$500 would be my best estimate. The Tigers sell several every year. Sounds like a nice pick up.

rmichne
11-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Would you think that it would go up greatly with a signature and inscription? Wright is a bit spendy to get a sig on a game used piece.

legaleagle92481
11-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I would go higher with the estimate. Closer to a grand. There are alot of Mets/Wright fans with deep pockets and there to my knowledge has never been another Wright homer ball that was no doubt about it real on the market. Yes the Tigers sell homer balls but they are usually of their own players. They sell some from visting teams and another member had a Texeria for sale he got from them a few months ago but it all depends on who homers into the bullpen and the Mets play at their stadium only once every few years so odds are not high that they will be offering one anytime soon. As for the sig. don't waste your money it won't increase the value by the amount you will pay to get it and alot of people like that stuff in same condition it was in when it was hit.