PDA

View Full Version : Royals Jersey Experts Please

eisenreich8
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi Guys,

Have a question for those knowledgeable about KC Royals jersey tagging. I recently sold a collector 2 home white jerseys of Jim Eisenreich. He emailed today to ask if I could answer a couple of questions regarding the differences in the two. Hope you can help. And he is not mad.

I will describe each jersey separately:

1.) Tagged on outside of tail, 1991 Set 1. Has a blue "T" sewn on too. What does that stand for? It is a size 46. Name was removed from back and jersey send to minors, but NOB "ghosting" is still visible. No number change or anything else out of place.

2.) Tagged on inside of tail., 1991 Set 1. Also has the blue "T". Is a size 44. NOB present and immaculate.

What IYO would differentiate the team tagging 2 jerseys with Set 1, locating all the tagging in different places, what is the blue "T".

I am speculating that the first jersey issued, te size 46, was too big for him and he was reissued a 44?

I am hoping the pictures I attach here come out okay and that someone can help shed some light on this. As always, your input is appreciated greatly.

Joe
redsox04@clear.net

eisenreich8
11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
K let's try that again...........

rj_lucas
11-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi Joe, the 'T' stands for tapered, so more narrowed at the bottom than a non-tapered jersey. I have a jersey from '91 and the tag is on the inside tail, but I'm sure somebody more knowledgable can comment on the outside tag.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

sox83cubs84
11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
With Rawlings, the set number on the flag tag isn't a true set number...it's an indicator of when the jersey was ordered. The original order is tagged set 1 regardless of how many sets were issued. Set 2 flag tags are used for mid-season orders. This only applies to flag tags, not strip tags. The only set 3 tags are on jerseys marketed by three Texas Rangers in the 2000-2002 era (A-Rod, Pudge and Raffy). These set 3s do not have an accepted status of game-used with some collectors, as MeiGray bought the Rangers jerseys of these years, and these do not have MeiGray sourcing.

Dave Miedema

eisenreich8
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi Rick! Thank you for that knowledge. I appreciate hearing from you!

Hi Dave! Thanks also to you. Do you therefore expect that the two Set 1 jerseys could have belonged to the same player? My stagnant brain is getting that from your explanation. If so, a sigh of relief and a huge thank you. Yet again!

sox83cubs84
11-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi Rick! Thank you for that knowledge. I appreciate hearing from you!

Hi Dave! Thanks also to you. Do you therefore expect that the two Set 1 jerseys could have belonged to the same player? My stagnant brain is getting that from your explanation. If so, a sigh of relief and a huge thank you. Yet again!

It's definitely within the realm of reason.

Also, email me privately. I have a cheap Yo-Yo item for you.

Dave Miedema

eisenreich8
11-05-2010, 07:43 AM
That's top 'o my list for tonight. Thanks dave.