PDA

View Full Version : Game Issue Fielding Gloves

EurekaDave
11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
It's happened again. A Tim Lincecum game issued glove has gone from $400 to $1000 bucks since the Series. So what is a game-issued glove anyway? And how do you tell if the game-issued glove has true value?

Dave Silverbrand

Jude716511
11-06-2010, 01:36 PM
It's happened again. A Tim Lincecum game issued glove has gone from $400 to $1000 bucks since the Series. So what is a game-issued glove anyway? And how do you tell if the game-issued glove has true value?

Dave Silverbrand

Good question. There's a handful of Cubs game issued gloves on Ebay. Do these have any real value ? Anybody have an opinion on Game issued Gloves? And how do you even know if they actually came from the team?

Here's an example of a Aramis Ramirez:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aramis-Ramirez-2010-Cubs-Un-Used-Rawlings-Game-Glove-/290496113461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a2eaeb35

allstarsplus
11-06-2010, 02:14 PM
http://stores.ebay.com/gameusedonline

Are these truly game issued gloves or are these backdoored from the Rawlings factory?

Fnazxc0114
11-06-2010, 02:28 PM
the only gloves i would spend my money are are ones directly from the player. Anybody can get a name embroidered these days.

trsent
11-06-2010, 05:04 PM
the only gloves i would spend my money are are ones directly from the player. Anybody can get a name embroidered these days.

How? Where?

Jude716511
11-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Yeah, but can you get say a Geo Soto catcher's mitt in the same style that he uses with his name on it ? I know you can custom order a glove online from Rawlings, BUT:

1.) it costs $300+
2.) will they embroider a well known major league stars name on it for Joe Blow with his small internet order ?

and if so, why would anyone bother to do this ? The profit you'd make would be very small. Anyone that would pay more than $400 for a so-called "game-issued" glove without Holograms and or MLB/Team paperwork is taking a huge risk.

Jude716511
11-06-2010, 05:36 PM
How? Where?

Rawlings will allow you to order a professional model glove with a name custom embroidered on it, for around $300. But, my question is will they embroider say,"Carlos Zambrano" on that glove?

Fnazxc0114
11-06-2010, 08:03 PM
there are several online dealers who have contacts with the players. It is how i have obtained all of my gloves with the exception of my kinsler and greer glove. Every one of the gloves i have bought come with a picture of the player holding the signed glove. With a little research i have been able to find photos of the player using that style glove. Beyondthedugout is a great company that comes to mind. Lockerroom memorabilia can get glove, or atleast that is who issued the coa for my kinsler. It also has a pic of him holding the glove. I think ive bought about 4 gloves from ball park heroes and their business model seems to be a great idea. They may not have all the big name guys like you see on ebay, but they do have contacts with a lot of rangers players.

How? Where?

Fnazxc0114
11-06-2010, 08:05 PM
You can buy the glove and have it embroidered elsewhere. I forgot which company but recently i bough some display cases from ebay and the company had a ad inside the box offering embroidery on your glove for around 30 bucks.

Rawlings will allow you to order a professional model glove with a name custom embroidered on it, for around $300. But, my question is will they embroider say,"Carlos Zambrano" on that glove?

Jude716511
11-07-2010, 02:06 AM
You can buy the glove and have it embroidered elsewhere. I forgot which company but recently i bough some display cases from ebay and the company had a ad inside the box offering embroidery on your glove for around 30 bucks.

Yeah, but the pro model gloves are still around $300. I was just wondering why somebody would spend 3 bills and think people were going to buy it for $500+++.

Fnazxc0114
11-07-2010, 06:20 PM
not sure why anybody would spend that kind of money for a glove that the player probably never saw. Like the lincecum glove mentioned people are doing it.