PDA

View Full Version : Bad Auction Experience

d4347
11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
As of 11/07/10, I was the leading bidder for a 2007 Russell Martin Dodgers road jersey on the current Legendary Auction. Although the auction still has nine days remaining, I was the only bidder and the price was relatively low. On 11/08/10, I checked their web site to see the progress of the item and was surprised to see the jersey listing was completely removed from the auction without warning. I immediately called the auction house to see what the reason for the removal was and was told that I would get an answer later in the day, which never came. This was the first time I've ever bid on an item at their auction house and was disappointed that an incident like this could occur. Although it's not that big of a deal and I had not won the item yet, I'm still surprised that an auction house can simply remove an item when there is already a bidder. Is this an integrity issue?

tilley72
11-08-2010, 05:25 PM
As of 11/07/10, I was the leading bidder for a 2007 Russell Martin Dodgers road jersey on the current Legendary Auction. Although the auction still has nine days remaining, I was the only bidder and the price was relatively low. On 11/08/10, I checked their web site to see the progress of the item and was surprised to see the jersey listing was completely removed from the auction without warning. I immediately called the auction house to see what the reason for the removal was and was told that I would get an answer later in the day, which never came. This was the first time I've ever bid on an item at their auction house and was disappointed that an incident like this could occur. Although it's not that big of a deal and I had not won the item yet, I'm still surprised that an auction house can simply remove an item when there is already a bidder. Is this an integrity issue?

If the item was pulled it was most likely an authenticity issue as auction house's usually have items in house before they even considering putting the item up. I can't say that I looked at this particular item, as I only browsed over it while looking through their auction, but to think that they pulled an item because of authenticity, this is an assumption here, is a good feeling in regards to Legendary Auctions, but the lack of letting you know the reason for them pulling the item is unfortunate/frustrating. It could just me an honest mistake, where they forgot to give you a call back.

I don't think that they would have pulled the item because of the low bid price, with almost a week to go, as almost of all of the 'real' bidding for items seems to go on the last few days, if not the last day or the next day if bidding extends that long. So I don't really see that as being the issue, but who knows.

-Andrew

d4347
11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
As an update to my previous post, a Legendary Auctions representative just returned my call but could not find out the reason that the item was removed. She was very kind but said that there was no answer available and, at least for now, the item is no longer available. Seems very strange to me.